Anyway to make bottom of the feet paler than the skin?

Magical Bunny

37 minutes ago, Shaoram said:

I'm planning on playing a redguard, but it always caught me off guard how the bottom of their feet and hands are the exact same tint as the rest of their skin.

Would anyone know if there exists a skin texture mod to allow for this or how to magic this into being?

A "lighter foot bottom for Redguard" mod? Doubtful. This is the type of thing one needs to do on their own and since you're using a "vanilla" Redguard, you can't really, since all characters utilize the same body textures.  You'd have to extract the skin texture from Textures.bsa, then modify the .dds file with Photoshop / GIMP, then modify Skyrim.esm to tell the game where that new Redguard body texture file is located. Of course, now ALL Reguard characters will have lighter foot bottoms.

This is much easier with a custom character / race mod since they (usually) use their own texture files. Change the texture. Boom! Done.

actually it would be trivial.

copy the textures to new files, edit them, then edit the skin armoraddon for redguards in an esp.

there are tonnes of mods that give races unique skins to use as an example on how to edit the race and fix redguards for good.

re: c5kev why would you want only one of your redguard to have the pale feet? that would be kinda dumb its not a unique trait lol. can you imagine if pale palms/soles was the mark of the dragonbourne? every single rap would blow out your stereo lol.

1 hour ago, darkconsole said:

actually it would be trivial.

copy the textures to new files, edit them, then edit the skin armoraddon for redguards in an esp.

there are tonnes of mods that give races unique skins to use as an example on how to edit the race and fix redguards for good.

re: c5kev why would you want only one of your redguard to have the pale feet? that would be kinda dumb its not a unique trait lol. can you imagine if pale palms/soles was the mark of the dragonbourne? every single rap would blow out your stereo lol.

Thank you, I'll take a look into this. I'd indeed like to make it Redguard exclusive as you said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 4:00 AM, darkconsole said:

--- SNIP ---

"c5kev why would you want only one of your redguard to have the pale feet?"    If you're referring to the fact that I mentioned that all Redguards would have pale feet, how do I know what the guy wants?  I was trying to help the guy, not get insulted by you.

Archived