[Fallout 4 VR] Devious Settlement Boss

Thanks for this!  Nice to see some VR love.  8D

I have a question or two:

1) Are the NPC's supposed to be silent during dialogue?  They animate like they're talking and I have to wait for them to finish but there's no sound.  Interestingly I noticed the same problem with the Devious Devices NPC Kimy.  Apart from Kimy non-settlers seem unaffected.

2) Even when trying to use standard assignment I seem to have trouble getting settlers to go to the CRX crosses.  They go to TD furniture straight away but crosses seem very glitchy.  Is that just me; am I missing a trick?  I know I should probably ask in the CRX thread first but since this mod pulls it all together for VR people I figured this audience would have more in common with my setup than most vanilla FO4/CRX users. ;)

3) The sex reward option didn't seem to do anything - do I need to pick two settlers?

I kinda like the salute.  Funnily enough I've always wanted a mod that would have NPC's salute automatically when they greeted me.  Please don't remove it completely - an option would be great. =)

Thanks again!

On 23/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, ffsnexusgo said:

Thanks for this!  Nice to see some VR love.  8D

I have a question or two:

1) Are the NPC's supposed to be silent during dialogue?  They animate like they're talking and I have to wait for them to finish but there's no sound.  Interestingly I noticed the same problem with the Devious Devices NPC Kimy.  Apart from Kimy non-settlers seem unaffected.

2) Even when trying to use standard assignment I seem to have trouble getting settlers to go to the CRX crosses.  They go to TD furniture straight away but crosses seem very glitchy.  Is that just me; am I missing a trick?  I know I should probably ask in the CRX thread first but since this mod pulls it all together for VR people I figured this audience would have more in common with my setup than most vanilla FO4/CRX users. ;)

3) The sex reward option didn't seem to do anything - do I need to pick two settlers?

I kinda like the salute.  Funnily enough I've always wanted a mod that would have NPC's salute automatically when they greeted me.  Please don't remove it completely - an option would be great. =)

Thanks again!

Hi, glad you like the mod....I have some updates for it shortly to stop it overriding other dialogue etc. To answer your questions...

1. the followers are unvoiced which means you need to switch on subtitles to see what they're saying.

2. I think the CRX furniture have an issue because it is an .esp rather than an .esm file so I'm not sure if it is accessing the keywords correctly.

3. The sex reward actually doesn't work! I will be fixing it shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

JimmyJimJim:

I love this mod concept, especially the rewards/punishment system. However, I've noticed a fairly significant bug -- when settlers have dialogue, such as merchants, Mama Murphy, or Supervisor White, the new four-option dialogue wheel (trade/praise/criticize/carry on) prevents them from delivering their quest or barter dialogue. Unfortunately this issue pretty much prevents me from running the mod because I need to do quest related stuff with these characters and of course need to talk to my traders.

I'll continue to monitor this mod going forward and hope to reinstall if it this issue is resolved. 

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

This mod was a really cool idea, but as mentioned before, it breaks other, more important dialogues, including (which I haven't seen mentioned) the ability to have an automatron follow you as a companion. Perhaps it would be prudent to use a dialogue expansion mod as a dependency, so that you can get the new options without disabling the others?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a problem I have 3 companions from 3 mods and when I dismiss them and send them to a settlement this takes over for their dialog and I can't get the companions original dialog back dose any one know how to fix this.

Because now they only salute and show dialog for this mod even if I recruit them and go far away from settlements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 1:06 AM, Caldargo said:

I am having a problem I have 3 companions from 3 mods and when I dismiss them and send them to a settlement this takes over for their dialog and I can't get the companions original dialog back dose any one know how to fix this.

Because now they only salute and show dialog for this mod even if I recruit them and go far away from settlements.

Hello, i'm having the same issue. I can't get the normal dialogue menu.

On 18/02/2018 at 2:05 AM, lordcayleth said:

This mod was a really cool idea, but as mentioned before, it breaks other, more important dialogues, including (which I haven't seen mentioned) the ability to have an automatron follow you as a companion. Perhaps it would be prudent to use a dialogue expansion mod as a dependency, so that you can get the new options without disabling the others?

I'll have a look into that. Fallout 4's dialogue system sucks!

On 17/03/2018 at 11:06 PM, Caldargo said:

On 01/04/2018 at 5:57 PM, mkta said:

Hello, i'm having the same issue. I can't get the normal dialogue menu.

It is a major problem I ran into where my dialogue would overwrite everything else or vice versa. I shall have a look into it...although I'm not sure when I'll have chance. Fallout 4s dialogue system sucks :frown:

2 issues with this mod

1. It breaks the dialogue options, as mentioned before

2. when i tell someone to be punished, he walks to the TD, says furniture quest finished and walks away again without doing anything.

if you could fix this, this would be hell of an awesome mod ;)

• 1 month later...

Ok the problem I 'm having is my settlers are just standing there when I assign physical punishment, I get a popup for the quest start (sometimes) and then nothing , just standing there...and yeah I can't rape them either...lol

I do have SimSettlements and all its bells and whistles installed, so that may be where the conflict is in the scrips

• 3 weeks later...
most of the mod works for me except 3 things:
1st: after I had selected punishment at a settler, nothing happens in this direction although devices would be available, ("Punishment Quest 1 startet" but nothing happens )

2nd; rape quest starts and ends 2 seconds later without an animation being triggered,

3rd; Rewarding the settler ends with him standing by his bed forever and not appearing to work anymore, though I collared a few settlers.

I really like your mod, please continue with the good work, once the teething problems are eliminated, the mod is sure a bomb!:D

I will be doing some more work on this mod shortly....just been out of the VR loop for a bit :) But now I have VIVE Pro which actually makes a lot of difference to my ability to spend prolonged time in VR. It seems a lot less tiring on the eyes...probably because the finer detail at medium distance is now there and your eye aren't trying to refocus the blur!

I like this Mod.

Just the prob with killing dialogue.. I was not able to speak with Keller after rescueing the caranvan no gibe Mama Murphy Jet.

What about the solution used in Magno Cum Gaudio? There is a Hot Key with switch alternate dialogues on and off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...