STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE™ - 4K & Full HD Remaster

harem_master

Do you know this game? It's a remaster from the PlayStation 3 version, but the textures are really ugly and not in 4K...
Anyway, with a tool called "Special_K" is possibile to dump and inject new textures.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods
I've notice that the ASKA Engine is really versatile. You can inject every textures even with custom resolutions.

I'm not good with modding, but this is a test made by me and a friend.

REIMI SAIONJI Nude mod.
It work only in a certain point of the game because there is a scene with a nude model.

Original Texture
compressed_d0140021out.thumb.png.e03b2d8cfc3ddb5769778fdccc35d54a.png

Modded Texture (I just added the nipple)
compressed_d0140021out.thumb.png.84886212ee2a428a4767abb301b95181.png

remi-nude1.jpg.474fc1ea1c4f0eb8227df2dba27fb6ea.jpgreimi-nude2.jpg.1b3542825221699e0bffa0b7c31d5285.jpg

I don't know how to swap the models, change 3D objects, etc etc. The modding it too difficult for me, for now I give up.
I ask all those interested to dedicate themselves to this wonderful game, and to make it better.

I don't have the game yet. So.

How are the texture file compressed ? One big file or small different ones ?
What is the file format ?

Assuming it's different files maybe we can swap the models.
Anyway gonna take a proper look when I got the game myself.

EDIT:
Nevermind after some searching I found out that the game files are compressed in 2 giant .bin files which is really bad for modding since some .bin files are hash checked.
So far what I can see is only editing texture with Special K

Archived