Jump to content

Massive unplayable lag, good computer (Solved)


hamsman

Recommended Posts

title is pretty clear. I honestly have run out of ideas, the game used to run just fine but now if I play more than 1 minute the framerate drops to 1-2 FPS.
The strangest part is the FPS is the same if I am on low or ultra settings, and my computer is as cool as a cucumber the whole time, so it's not a hardware issue. 
Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalling, new games, disabling mods, etc. 
Thanks in advance for any help. 

Solved: 
Too many animations. Disabled some animations and framerate returned to normal. 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, AgentCarolina said:

Is this on an existing save?  I've had a similar issue that fixed itself when I started a new game. Usual do a mod somewhere crapping itself 

Thought so too, did a new save. After about 5 minutes of running around tanked to the same 1-2 fps

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

check if u are using https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended-xpmse/, get latest version, or disable hdt first i.e. just remove the hdt dll, are u using enb? or disable hd textures mods, u might hv a memory leak somewhere, close/terminate any programs if not needed, just use taskbar and kill stuff u dont need

Thanks for the in depth answer, I disabled the textures, disabled hdt and uninstalled the ENB. But when I went outside the framerate took the same kind of hit. 
Inside works now though, so that's a plus. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, hamsman said:

title is pretty clear. I honestly have run out of ideas, the game used to run just fine but now if I play more than 1 minute the framerate drops to 1-2 FPS.
The strangest part is the FPS is the same if I am on low or ultra settings, and my computer is as cool as a cucumber the whole time, so it's not a hardware issue. 
Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalling, new games, disabling mods, etc. 
Thanks in advance for any help. 

Did you recently installed any follower or NPC Replacer mod?

Link to comment
41 minutes ago, hamsman said:

Thanks for the in depth answer, I disabled the textures, disabled hdt and uninstalled the ENB. But when I went outside the framerate took the same kind of hit. 
Inside works now though, so that's a plus. 

looks like a memory issue yea, follow CPU's suggestion or try remove mods that u think might be causing this esp script heavy mods, its easy if u use mod organize tho.

Link to comment

The log shows nothing special, probably you were not experiencing the FPS drop in this one.

You may want to disable SOS, load, wait, save, and reinstall it. Same for "Camp" (not sure what this mod is) and Frostfall too. But only for minor cleaning, not really a cause of FPS drop.

 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, CPU said:

The log shows nothing special, probably you were not experiencing the FPS drop in this one.

You may want to disable SOS, load, wait, save, and reinstall it. Same for "Camp" (not sure what this mod is) and Frostfall too. But only for minor cleaning, not really a cause of FPS drop.

 

I already uninstalled campfire and frostfall? But they're still mucking up my game? 
And I solved the problem, it was too many animations. When I disabled some small animation packs my game went from 1-2fps to a solid 20-30

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...