Love Hate relationship

GECK.O

TS4 has 2 relationship bars, friendship and romance.

I try to create a situation with love hate relationship, which is negative friendship but maximum romance.

But in real gameplay, they just hate each other. The maximum romantic relationship means nothing. Rejecting calling and the autonomous seems doesn't do any romantic act. Maximum romance means nothing here.

I wonder if you guy ever test it? What does it look?

what you would need there is a trait on both sims with max romance but min friendship...this would take out the hate as such but keep there friendship low..even into the red but keep there romance at max.By adding whims to the trait and other auto acts..it can be done...

• 2 weeks later...

There is an achievement for this. I forgot what it was called and it is quite possible it is just very hard to maintain because as soon as they woohoo their friendship/hatred goes down a little so it's basically a balancing act. I believe there's even a special interaction for fighting and then "makeup with woohoo" (I think that was what it said.) I've done it but yeah it would be nice to have something that maintains the all romance and hate relationship bars. Though I think if you have WWhims or MC Command you can do the deed without the relationship bars changing through certain settings.

I created this sort of situation by having both sims with pest and annoying trait, but one of them had sexmad. So as much as they irritated eachother (and everyone else) they would still fall right into bed. Unfortunately some of those traits are obsolete and i havent found fully suitable replacements for pest and annoying, but i did add a robot to the house (because science) with the radio trait and ditched the sexmad so that they always irratate eachother still, but they get horny once the robot comes within range.

Yup, it's hard to play this kind of relationship, especially the autonomous. To let the game run by itself and watch what will happen. 

Hated sims will be ignored and blocked in many interaction. It need manual direction by player to make it work. 

I make a group of thugs, romanced a model sims (road to fame). With hate love relationship. The thugs live at other lot. My model sims seems to be ignore them all. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest damedragonfly

I would LOVE to have one-sided relationships! It's just adds so much drama! But yeah, I have 2 characters I make hate each other but frack regardless, I just use UI cheats to max out both negative friendship (enemy) and love bars. But, as others have stated, it slowly balances out so I have to keep remembering to switch it back.

Archived