[Help] Darkest Dungeon Skin replacement

youngfool

Hi all, Im trying to replace the default skins of some heroes with the more provocative player made ones.

Such as the offering class as a replacement for abomination.

https://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/222/?

I made numerous adjustments: renaming all the files within the 'heroes\offering\offering_A\anim' folder to march the files in 'heroes\abomination\abomination_D\anim' and matching the files within 'heroes\offering\anim' to 'heroes\abomination\anim' as well as 'heroes\abomination\fx'

yet, ofcourse i was being naive to think this might just be that simple lol.

although all the animation seems fine, yet the outcome of my labour produced the following:

post-25088-0-65867900-1509840585_thumb.png

post-25088-0-71210600-1509841387_thumb.png

Could anyone please point out my faults?

Many thanks in advance.

Did you put the files into the mods folder of the main game, including the project.xml file?

Oh crap, i just thrown all the files into the main game, do i suppose to put them in mods folder? and could u please elaborate more on what or where is the project.xml?

thank you so much!

Looks like missing textures, did you check what the .atlas files in the anim and er... fx? folders are pointing to? They can be opened in any text editor.

oh, no i did not. But this sounds like a legit problem. I just did a quick googling to see what text editor are like and it looks like a massive headache to me haha. but i will have a look, which lines i should be looking for tho? cheers

Looks like missing textures, did you check what the .atlas files in the anim and er... fx? folders are pointing to? They can be opened in any text editor.

OK, that fixed the texture problem, now i can see the characters fine, but they are still not showing any combat animation, expect for when attacked and the idle for attacking.

I don't have a proper solution for you, I'm afraid. It seems you have the hollow from muscarine, so try this:

-create a folder inside "mods" called "Hollow_mod"

-extract the Nexus file there. No subfolders!

-extract this file there as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj4xlyqmt62bejr/Hollow_mod.zip?dl=0

I dont want to use player made classes, only their skin. =/

Thanks for ur effort tho.

Cheers.

Can't really help you with missing animations, apart from are you sure the names for the files are correct?

Say you're replacing crusader with hollow, most of the hollow animations are named differently to crusader, so you'd need to rename them to match the crusader's original animation names, and duplicate any animations and sprites as needed.

Archived