CK2 Royal Breeder Mod Idea

jjnoc5

Just an idea I thought up of.

Instead of just having a wife or concubines, what if you could have a designated "royal breeder" which some would increase the chances of the child you produce having good genetic traits or having more children in general? It could be that there is a con and a noncon version where the consensual title has it so the person in question is tagged as a lover and will have less children with you but the children will be better overall. The noncon version has it so that there's an increased chance of twins and more children overall but less "quality" in terms of inheritable traits.

Female rulers could also appoint a male to the title ("Royal Stud" or something) which would basically have the same concept as mentioned above but gender swapped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I wouldnt post normally bit ths is a funny train to join in on

My mod (IST) has that feature for females (shameless plug).

lol only has a fixed percentage change bi-annually to get pregnant 90% less than 2 kids,  60 % upto 4, 20% less than 6 etc. Doesnt do anything for traits though, thats a good idea but considerably more involved than simple fertility/pregnancy.

Archived