Game freezes when changing gender.

14 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Bandit armor was giving me issues and it ended up being something to do with those armors and if I remember correctly it was the underwear or something like that that was causing the problem. I updated the system and removed that and didn't have a problem again. It has been awhile so I can't remember all the details on this.

The female Bosmer has something different about her, check that to see what it might be. A skin texture, body mesh, something is different about her. Find that and you should solve that issue.

The ported armor you had might not be compatable with the body (texture/meshes) you are currently using. Just a guess on my part as I never had an issue with that specifically.

Thanks for the reply.  The female Bosmer problem vexes me.  I've never had a problem with them as far as I can remember.  As for the body mesh and skin texture.  I use the new CBBE body with Demoniac's skin texture.  I've never had this problem before.  It really confuses me.  As for the armor.  I ported the 'Sithis Armor and Blade' mod from Skyrim classic and it always worked.  Like my initial problem with changing genders this is a recent problem.  Do you think it might have to do with Bethesda's updates?  Or do you  think this could be a Windows 10 issue?  If so, how do I fix the Windows problem?

Once again thank you for your quick reply.  You have always been patient and helpful.:)

Is this new texture what you use with the other bodies? It is it setup the same way? Same mesh? etc, etc.

AS for the armors there might be something that is different between theclassic and the current that is causing a glitch.

Could have something to do with the Bethesda updates however, only if what is being used is connected with the script extender etc. I doubt it has anything to do with a base, clean game.

Doubt it is a window$ 10 issue, if it was it would be more generalized in the game. At least as I see it logically. It is just to specific however, combined with your many other issues, perhaps. However, think of it this way. Others aren't having much of an issue with the new updates (baring those directly related to script extensions and the new failure due to the update) Or at least as far as I have seen on the forums. But, you are using customized assets. Chances are it is something to do with your customization. perhaps someone here with great texture / mesh conversions experiences would look at your conversions to see if there is some vector or whatever off or messed up.

10 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Is this new texture what you use with the other bodies? It is it setup the same way? Same mesh? etc, etc.

AS for the armors there might be something that is different between theclassic and the current that is causing a glitch.

Could have something to do with the Bethesda updates however, only if what is being used is connected with the script extender etc. I doubt it has anything to do with a base, clean game.

Doubt it is a window$ 10 issue, if it was it would be more generalized in the game. At least as I see it logically. It is just to specific however, combined with your many other issues, perhaps. However, think of it this way. Others aren't having much of an issue with the new updates (baring those directly related to script extensions and the new failure due to the update) Or at least as far as I have seen on the forums. But, you are using customized assets. Chances are it is something to do with your customization. perhaps someone here with great texture / mesh conversions experiences would look at your conversions to see if there is some vector or whatever off or messed up.

Thank you for the reply.  I'm glad to hear it may not be a Windows issue.  I was thinking maybe it's a SKSE issue.  Let me explain.  When I run Oblivion with OBSE, I get a message from 'Reimage Repair' saying OBSE is a trojan.  Now I know OBSE is not a trojan, since I've been using the same version which is the latest, since Windows 7.  Even though I don't get the same message with SKSE, maybe there's a conflict somewhere.  But when I run the Reimage Repair software it says my system is stable, even though it still says OBSE is a trojan, and I still get a BSOD when running the Creation Kit.  So I will try running the game with and without SKSE to see if there's any difference in performance, which I doubt.  But I will try.

Thank you.

Edit: Okay just tested it without SKSE and I still have the same issues.  Maybe it's because of the Creation Cllub?  I've heard the updates have been breaking mods from forum members.

I was thinking maybe it's a SKSE issue. 

No need to explain, I was thinking the same. However, I don't know the functions that are being covered by it enough to truly say yes or now. With the issues and problems with the game updates effecting it, it is very well possible .

You might be having an antivirus or other protection program preventing proper functionality? It is a long shot. All I have been giving you is long shots now. Just guess work at this point until you can find a definitive cause / effect and then able to break the components apart to get to the bottom of it (and understand what you are doing in the process) Perhaps if you have a friend that has no problems with their game they can try and test your conversions and see if they are having problems with them. If they don't, then it has to be your system. If they do then it really has to due with the conversion and something about it. This does depend on some kind soul testing your bosimer textures and such as well as your conversions to see if they have a problem. Perhaps if yo uhave a different computer that you can game this on then try there. ? A RL friends computer, etc, etc.

As I stated before, this issue is well beyond my experiences and ability to truly diagnose and I am only giving guess work which might even cause more trouble than it is solving but I am truly trying to be as safe as possible.. :)

I understand and appreciate your help.  I do not have another PC to test this on.  But I do know when I ran Skyrim classic on Windows 7 and 8.1 it ran fine.  So I assume SSE would have ran fine on those PC's.  I will keep tinkering with the meshes and textures.  I will also re-optimize the armor and weapon mod.

Once again thank you for your help and time.

Take care! :)

1 minute ago, ritualclarity said:

Sorry I coudln't help more.

Shame some of the experts here couldn't chime in about armor conversions or SKSE changes for SSE and the possible issues if theymight be related. I simply don't know.

Best of luck.

No problem. :)  I'm just gonna tinker with the body meshes and textures.  See if Caliente updated the mod.  If not I'll uninstall and reinstall the mod.  Same for the XPMSE skeleton.  Then I will re-optimize the armor and weapon mod using 'nif optimizer.'  I can still play the game and I always play male.  So the switching gender problem shouldn't bug me.  I can still wear other armors as well.  So the armor problem shouldn't effect gameplay. :)

Thank you for your help.  You are the only one who helped on a regular basis.

Thank you. :)

Okay, so I re-optimized the meshes from the 'Sithis Armour and Blade' mod, and disabled SkyUI, since SKSE64 is not working at the moment, and when I equip the armor it no longer crashes the game.  So I think the problem was either a) corrupt meshes, or b) SKSE64 and SkyUI.  Anyway I got 2 out of the 3 problems solved.  I will keep tinkering to see how to reduce the lag when changing genders.  Thank you all for your advice.:)

24 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

Do you have ECE installed?

I have seen reports that gender change with ECE installed might take really long time to complete

No, I don't have ECE installed.  Been waiting for RaceMenu to be ported over.

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 10:12 AM, Kain82 said:

Status update:  When I changed the gender and it froze, instead of rebooting the PC, I walked away for 2 minutes.  When I came back the gender was changed to female.  This is both good and bad news.  The bad news is:  I never had to wait two minutes for the gender to change.  The good news is I can go back to creating female followers,  So for now it's solved I guess.  Thank you to everyone's input. :classic_smile:

omg thank you so much!!! I been looking for solutions for the problem for the past few days and now i feel dumb that i just didn't wait, but still thank you :classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, epicfox1124 said:

omg thank you so much!!! I been looking for solutions for the problem for the past few days and now i feel dumb that i just didn't wait, but still thank you :classic_biggrin:

No problem.  I am glad I could help.:smile:

I have somewhat similar issues with female characters causing CTD.  It started yesterday.  I just started using Racemenu for SSE and was able to get it to work great, but since I was new to using it I wasn't sure if it was missing any features that should be working other than the options reported by the author.  I looked at a video and the author said to use NIF optimizer on the meshes that came with racemenu.  I didn't do that so I thought I should just go ahead and run it on the racemenu files I have already installed in character assets.  After doing that I started getting the CTD when viewing my female player character in game.  It happens every time I load a save with my female character or use racemenu.  I noticed it was female because I disabled all mods, deleted racemenu, and started a new game.  In the beginning when prompted to create character, default is male.  The male character was completely fine (was able to switch between races and features) until I switched to a human female character and then immediate CTD.  I think some kind of female NIF files were damaged or changed but not sure how to change all NIFs (well except for reinstalling).  I use CBBE, reinstalled it, reinstalled XPMSSE, reinstalled racemenu (before deleting altogether) and loose files.  I just sux cause I had everything running fine until I ran NIF Optimizer on those files.  Never had crashes except for video driver issues, but even that didn't go to CTD.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Archived