Need help getting blender mesh to work in game

InkySquid

Help, I spent about 15 hours working on this mesh only to find out it doesnt work in game

I made this

post-777150-0-74310700-1509440394_thumb.png

and in game it turned in to this (Just look at the mesh. Ignore the coloration and shadows, that's unrelated and easily fixed)

post-777150-0-24477200-1509440435_thumb.pngpost-777150-0-13297800-1509440452_thumb.png

I tried exporting as an obj and running it through S4 CAS tool, but it gave me a warning saying there were too many bones, then when I replaced one of the geom files in the package with S4S, the game crashed when I selected the CC. Do I have to start over and try to make it simpler?

Help, I spent about 15 hours working on this mesh only to find out it doesnt work in game

I made this

attachicon.gifScreenshot (20).png

and in game it turned in to this (Just look at the mesh. Ignore the coloration and shadows, that's unrelated and easily fixed)

attachicon.gif10-30-17_9-34-30 PM.pngattachicon.gif10-30-17_9-34-24 PM.png

I tried exporting as an obj and running it through S4 CAS tool, but it gave me a warning saying there were too many bones, then when I replaced one of the geom files in the package with S4S, the game crashed when I selected the CC. Do I have to start over and try to make it simpler?

Have you weight painted the new mess?

Do not start again. First clone a new CAS file using TS4 CasTools. Then export your mesh as a .obj file. Go to the tab Mesh Tools, select your file and then in the options select this: Part Type: Top, Gender: Female, Age: Teen/YA/Adult/Elder LOD: 0.

Clic on Go! for auto assign the bones and the morph data.  

Open the file that you coned with the Tab Clone Package Editor. Go to Mesh Manager and import you new mesh into the package file. Select Commit changes every time after doing this.

I recommend you that if you model include de body mesh import both (the body part and the bra) as two separated meshes in case if one of them have too many vertexes.

You can add a new mesh part on Mesh Manager > Add New Mesh.

Select the number of Lod, Base Mesh, Layer 1 (depending on the number of the mesh parts that you want to add) and select your mesh part as a .simgeom file.

If is possible for you, don't use Blender anymore. Use 3DS Max, is easier and it does not break the seams of your models. You can do almost everything with this, S4CasTools and Milkshape and faster.

Thanks for the tips guys! I decided to redo the straps entirely, I made too many noob mistakes, a lot of vertices weren't connected and I did too much editing after I solidified the faces which made it all warped looking. Hopefully that fixes things, and will make it easier to get in game without breaking anything.

Thanks for the tips guys! I decided to redo the straps entirely, I made too many noob mistakes, a lot of vertices weren't connected and I did too much editing after I solidified the faces which made it all warped looking. Hopefully that fixes things, and will make it easier to get in game without breaking anything.

You're welcome. At the beginning always is hard to get the things right. I'm sure that you can with this.

Do not start again. First clone a new CAS file using TS4 CasTools. Then export your mesh as a .obj file. Go to the tab Mesh Tools, select your file and then in the options select this: Part Type: Top, Gender: Female, Age: Teen/YA/Adult/Elder LOD: 0.

Open the file that you coned with the Tab Clone Package Editor. Go to Mesh Manager and import you new mesh into the package file. Select Commit changes every time after doing this.

I recommend you that if you model include de body mesh import both (the body part and the bra) as two separated meshes in case if one of them have too many vertexes.

Select the number of Lod, Base Mesh, Layer 1 (depending on the number of the mesh parts that you want to add) and select your mesh part as a .simgeom file.

If is possible for you, don't use Blender anymore. Use 3DS Max, is easier and it does not break the seams of your models. You can do almost everything with this, S4CasTools and Milkshape and faster.

Craaap. So I followed your instructions and after converting the obj files to meshes, CAS tools made waaaaaay too many polys. My body should only have 10 or 20 more polys than a normal body mesh, but after running the program it makes a geom file that has 10,000 polys in it, then i did it again for just the bra and it had roughly the same amount (i can guarantee it has far fewer polys than even a default top when i was making it) Now with only one swatch the package is almost 1mb in size. It didn't show up in game. Does it matter what part you clone? I started with a nude top then deleted the original mesh using mesh manager.

Craaap. So I followed your instructions and after converting the obj files to meshes, CAS tools made waaaaaay too many polys. My body should only have 10 or 20 more polys than a normal body mesh, but after running the program it makes a geom file that has 10,000 polys in it, then i did it again for just the bra and it had roughly the same amount (i can guarantee it has far fewer polys than even a default top when i was making it) Now with only one swatch the package is almost 1mb in size. It didn't show up in game. Does it matter what part you clone? I started with a nude top then deleted the original mesh using mesh manager.

Most of the times do not matter what part you are cloning. Just be sure of do not clone the naked parts, clone a bra or something like that because probably you will have problems to see your new mesh on Cas if you clone a naked mesh part.

And that is a lot of polys. Maybe you duplicated the same mesh and regrouped it few times. It happens.

Archived