how can I combine two .WAV audio files into one?

Deathstalker,

although Audacity is a great piece of software, perhaps it is a bit excessive for your need. i deem it by far the best Free editor available for all platforms; yet, it pushes the user envelope: it's not an easy program to master.

i assume you're using Windows; if all you need is to splice two audio files together — e.g. one at the end of the other — and come out with one file, i recommend the following apps;

they are both easy to work with, will do the task, and — better — are gratis. :)

now if you need to mix two tracks — e.g. a piano track with a saxophone — then you'll definitely need Audacity. or then go to a professional (and often costly) DAW, such as Presonus Studio One v.3, Cakewalk Sonar Professional, FL Studio, Avid ProTools, Propellerhead Reason, Ableton Live, MOTU (Mark of the Unicorn) Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, among others.

hope i could help.

cheers,

E.

solved?...

if not: of course, you must have a multi-track software, so that you can play both wave-tracks under each other and be able to mix them...if the time of both tracks is  matching , like you want them, you can "mix down" both tracks into a new stereo(..) track...i think, the originally material is stereo-too. Watch out that you have no clipping if you level both tracks in volume...you can also use a limiter" to avoid "digitally clippings", that may result in very ugly zippering noise in the master track, that you will create of both.

audacity can handle that, as I remember. If you want to work more professional AND IF YOU WORK ON SUCH STUFF REGULARY, you have to take a real DAW (digital-audio-workstation)-software-in the european world, cubase is very much broadcasted. On a mac, I´d use LOGIC or "digital-performer" (LAST ONE IS MORE COMMON IN USA)...the more expensive software allows you, to take influence on all the parameters,  the audio-industtry is dealing with: .."bad voice"-"bad voice"-what we´re gonna do??.... :D

Archived