Skyrim won't open, Mod issue

Avekyia

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2017 at 10:34 PM, AWP3RATOR said:

Firstly, that error generally isn't related to mods specifically.  If Skyrim fails to load or crashes whilst loading and you do NOT get that error - then it's generally a mod conflict, missing masters, etc. that sort of thing.  This error is more related to your specific graphics card and settings.  Have you by chance altered the ini files to support the mods you are running?  It could be that you have entered values that are invalid for your setup.

Test this:  Open up MO and create a new profile, with no mods in it and launch the game from MO.  Doing this will also create new .ini files.  If it works, you have options - easiest would be to re-enable the mods on the new profile (still don't change the ini files) and see if it works.  If it does, you've narrowed the problem down to ini edits and ruled out mods.  If it doesn't then you do in fact have a mod conflict (rare for this error, but not impossible).

By chance, are you also running any ENB?

Changing the game's graphics settings from Ultra to something lower might not be the answer either...  Have you verified that when you run the Steam launcher, that the resolution is compatible with your hardware?  i.e. running not running 4k on a 1080 display...

I created the new profile and the game is working properly, ty. Do you know how I can fix the .ini files from the older profile?

11 hours ago, Salomas said:

I created the new profile and the game is working properly, ty. Do you know how I can fix the .ini files from the older profile?

This is quite an old post, but good on you for searching before starting a new thread ;)

As for your specific issue, etc, I'm not sure what it might be - but as for Mod Organizer profiles - if you are using profile-specific Game INI Files, you can find them in:  ../yourModOrganizerInstallPath/profiles/   <--- at this path you will see folders for the various profiles in your MO instance.  Inside these folders, will be the game's .ini files for that profile.

As far as "fixing" them - you'd have to do some research for what the specific fixes needed are.  You may do better to start a new thread on that topic, however.

Archived