View File

Hey all! First upload!

Buffout Plus is a very bare-bones implementation of mechanics inspired by the line of "Macromancy" mods for Skyrim which allow you to manipulate your character's size. Specifically, it adds two new chems to the medicine tab of the chemistry workbench: Buffout Plus and Reducinol. The first is made from normal buffout and nuclear material and increases your character's size in small increments, granting you buffs at certain thresholds. Reducinol is made from nuclear material and med-x, each shot of it will reset your size to the default (so far you cannot shrink past the default size).

There are some engine-related restrictions such as a total size-cap of 10 times the default and a blindingly fast run speed in third person (I reduced movement speed to account for the increase in overall size, but it only takes effect in first person)

Really, my purpose in releasing this is to give anyone else who would be interested in making a size-changing mod a headstart, so feel free to take this and do anything you want with it and redistribute it however you'd like. No credit needed!

when I first saw this I thought it was a mod that made you're characters breast and butt change when you took different drugs. When I read it lol I was pleasantly surprise. Looks fun.

Don't get me wrong, If I had enough knowledge I would totally make that mod :P

Once you yourself take different drugs, you can change breast and butt sizes in bodyslide anytime :D

Does this alter the first person camera height to match?

Yup! Camera height's correspondence with player scale is conveniently hardcoded into Fallout

Cool. Although i think terminals and such might be an issue, as other modders who changed the height of the player dealt with alignment issues. Are terminals broken? Will i see the screen or the wall above it? If terminals work, i may just use this mod.

Does this alter the first person camera height to match?

Yup! Camera height's correspondence with player scale is conveniently hardcoded into Fallout

Cool. Although i think terminals and such might be an issue, as other modders who changed the height of the player dealt with alignment issues. Are terminals broken? Will i see the screen or the wall above it? If terminals work, i may just use this mod.

Unfortunately I'm unaware of any way to fix the terminal issue. I could possibly toy around with temporarily reverting player size to normal when activating terminals though.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

hey, i know i'm doubleposting and necroing at the same time but i just discovered this on the nexus, which is a system that allows one to change height in the mcm and adjust fov accordingly to get around that terminal bullshit so i thought there might be a chance that it could solve that issue for this mod