Mama Murphy's name is now in Cryllic

I am not sure what mod did this, but my Mama Murphy is now Devooshka (sp?) Murphy in Cyrillic.  I had to do a massive reinstall, so I (stupidly) enabled several dozen of mods at once.   No one else has been renamed yet (still at the beginning of this play through) and it is not causing any issues, other than forcing me to learn Russian, which isn't a bad thing. 

Just one of those , "hmm, that is funny" effects of modding, perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice.  It changed Trashcan Carla and some other female named NPCs as well, so it was one of the mods I downloaded.   I think I will keep it, though it is a bit immersion breaking, just like Vadim's accent (must have come from Brighton Beach to still have that thick of an accent.)

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, Malystraza said:

Look for a mod that has an optional Russian esp.  I recently installed mcgFemaleWalk and forgot to un-tick the esp for mcgFemaleWalk-Granny-ru.esp, which changed her name.  If you use that mod, check there, otherwise look for something similar.

Thanks, this was my issue lol  :smile:

I see you solved it.... but for other.  I had the same thing happen to me.  Turned out it was an .esp edit.  Put your entire load order in to FO4Edit, let it finsih complete loading.  Then go find one of the NPCs you know is misnamed.  You will see all of the mods that are editing that record, and the one all the way on the right is the culprit.

I can't remember which mod did it for me, or if it was even Fallout 4.  It could very have been Skyrim. :smile:

Archived