How do I convert my oldrim UUNP armor merge for SSE?

znaroks

I have a mod, where I have collected and merged together around 30 UUNP armors, that have bodyslide tools, so they can be ''bodyslided'' to any UUNP body. Most of those armors have high-heels too. I have even created crafting recipes for them, so it would be a shame not to get this in my SSE and start making a ''collection'' from scratch.

AFAIK, there is a UNP body for SSE right now, so I can just use bodyslide to convert the armors to UNP.

What steps do I need to take, so the mod works in SSE? Does SSE use the same bodyslide application and if not, will the bodyslide files from oldrim work in the new bodyslide?

SSE only has new CBBE body for bodyslide.

UUNP:

As of now, UUNP won't be officially ported to SSE.
Reasoning: It has so many sliders and is also starting to lack in detail, and I have no interest in working on or having two body types that fight with each other. I'm really happy with the new CBBE myself, it's nothing like the old CBBE, especially once the normal generator is built into BodySlide, and it also has a few more sliders.
You can use the old UUNP in SSE by manually installing it to your SSE BodySlide, but there will be no official support for this.

Other then that I'm not sure how to port nifs and stuff from real skyrim to this skyrim.

Aside from a few UUNP armors, most work just fine and I've been playing with hundreds of UUNP files.  Just copy some of the oldrim UUNP files over to the SSE Caliente folder. 

I did end up taking the high heels references out of the .esp though, so some of your shoes will look like you're digging part of your feet in the sand.

to get UUNP into special edition

pretty easy

Nif optimizer through all the  meshes including the bodyslided nifs

Load up the esp to the creation kit and save it

remove the high heel/ high heel sound master from the esp if there

If a mod needs it in the merge file you might have to fix it first then reMerge them

You can remove masters in tesEdit through the file header

Texture files : TGA does not work, some cause crashes when loading up the textures in game like when viewing in the inventory or equipping 

You have to go through the outfits ingame to see if they cause issues  (get Additem menu with UI Extensions - yes it works)

if you have issues run those specific textures with Elric (in the special edition folder)

Lots of stuff work fine I have pretty much all of my sets in SSE   Lots and lots of stuff converted

Thanks, didn't know that you had to run the optimizer after you generate stuff (I thought the generator optimized on the fly), but running it on top did fix a few armors that weren't working!  I'll have to check out the TGA fix

Archived