How is Fallout "loving stuff" compared to Oblivions?

Wadarkhu

Can I get a nice objective opinion on this? I'm hesitant to start modding my Fallout, because perhaps I can't achieve near the same as with Obi? (Running around raping/consensual sexing, having anims for most everything, having models for most anything.)

Theenx! :D

Can I get a nice objective opinion on this? I'm hesitant to start modding my Fallout' date=' because perhaps I can't achieve near the same as with Obi? (Running around raping/consensual sexing, having anims for most everything, having models for most anything.)

Theenx! :D

[/quote']

It's light years behind Oblivion and I guess that's because skilled japanese modders who made Lovers aren't interested in NV at all. There are few people working on it, including myself, but it will take some time to make enough enjoyable content.

It's light years behind Oblivion and I guess that's because skilled japanese modders who made Lovers aren't interested in NV at all. There are few people working on it' date=' including myself, but it will take some time to make enough enjoyable content.

[/quote']

It also doesn't help that the script extenders aren't nearly as detailed and complex as Oblivion's. For example, you can't create user-defined functions. "Lovers" is nothing but user-defined functions. So for Fallout 3/NV, scripters had to come up with somewhat different methods of handling everything.

The lack of sex animations is just from a lack of animators. All of the "Lovers" animations are thanks to dozens of animators, while only a few have contributed to Fallout sex mods.

Still, the Fallout stuff isn't that bad. And it's been getting much better lately, thanks to Lovers Lab. There aren't a whole lot of new animations, but the scripts and dialog are infinitely better than they ever were when the same mods were being released at the Nexus. It isn't nearly as good as "Lovers", but give it a shot.

I'd say, thanks to the wSex modules, the best of which being TryOut, and the LoversLab only SexOut that it's 'good enough'.

In my view Fallout is already adult enough; all you are really missing is vanilla sex, rape, and prostitution. All these are covered now and being improved on.

It depends what you want. I use the sexual mods to improve roleplaying; RaperS (roleplaying edition), Joberg Realistic, LandE, and AdultPlayPlus allow for Oblivion to have the grittier elements series like Game of Thrones has. Ashal is currently looking into seeng if these 'elements' can be worked into the games core quests. I don't use mods like BBB and the more 'masturbaton material only' mods. I feel the world becomes tacky.

From that point of view Sexout and wTryout make Fallout a complete experiance. Being honest i've never found the animation lacking or inferior. Infact, i've found Lovers (unrestricted) animations more annoying because some are pretty silly.

Just my view though.

It also doesn't help that the script extenders aren't nearly as detailed and complex as Oblivion's. For example' date=' you can't create user-defined functions. "Lovers" is nothing but user-defined functions. So for Fallout 3/NV, scripters had to come up with somewhat different methods of handling everything.

[/quote']

Incidentally, is NVSE still being updated by the silverlock guys? Being able to create user-defined functions would obviously be a huge boon to the modding community (not just for sex mods). Is this something they've got planned or is the NVSE we have now as good as it's gonna get?

I suppose I could just email those guys directly, but I hate pestering modders/coders with "are we there yet/is this dead" type questions. Plus I wouldn't even really know what I was asking.

edit: after cruising the threads on the Beth forums a bit, the guys still appear to be working on it. Still don't know if user-defined functions are on the horizon though.

I don't use mods like BBB and the more 'masturbaton material only' mods. I feel the world becomes tacky.

And for discussion's stake' date=' I'm curious about your view here. My view is that boobs bounce in life too, so I don't find it tacky at all.

[/quote']

@Daguy - If we're at it, I'd like to know how Lovers mods aren't "masturbation material only" sort of mods. Because they are.

Archived