Bimbo Aspirations and Trait for The Sims 4 (2020-05-30) [BROKEN]

Im having an issue with having satisfying sex 5 times. I tried woo hooing and sex and my sim is satisfied but still not getting any points towards it.   

I am on the tail end of full testing of both tracks and that requirement will be dropped because I ran into similar issues. 

It is just slow to go through proper testing for all stages (which is why I released the mod without much testing in the first place).

Hopefully in a few days.

A new version (0.4) is up with these changes:

- Tested all milestones for both tracks
- Reduced dependencies on DLC. The mod should be using only base game resources now.
- Tweaked language of most descriptions to make them more gender neutral for male bimbos.

I did not finish testing all the way to full completion but I made sure all steps for all milestones can be completed.

Some notes:

- Both tracks have four milestones with two tasks each
- Both tracks share the same first two milestones
- During milestones with 'First kiss', make sure you do not have the First Kiss buff still active or the next First Kiss immediately after that will not register (and will make you waste a First Kiss opportunity)
- During milestones with clothing requirements, make sure your sim is wearing the right clothing when performing the task. I lost occasions to get a task completed because I didn't notice my Sim had changed clothes on its own while I was trying to get her to get a First kiss.
- For tasks with monetary value attached, only items in certain categories are counted, so if you say, download a fully set outdoor pool from the Gallery worth $5000, the mod may only catch $2000 worth of equipment and ignore the rest if it is made up of rocks and plants.

post-159469-0-16544500-1509508662_thumb.png

post-159469-0-82098600-1509508663_thumb.png

post-159469-0-97756600-1509508664_thumb.png

A new version (0.5) is up with these changes:

- Added reward traits for each track. These traits are similar to the separate Bimbo trait also available as a complement. Now you can decide to earn that trait through the tracks or augment them with the separate bimbo trait. Each trait has its own set of weights for skills or relationship increase rates, so they should behave slightly differently.

With these rewards, I am considering the mod almost complete (almost - to account for last minute bugs or remaining dependencies to non basic game content).

post-159469-0-96549400-1509718902_thumb.png

post-159469-0-96384400-1509718907_thumb.png

post-159469-0-14768600-1509718916_thumb.png

post-159469-0-69606800-1509718921_thumb.png

For me the reward traits don't work, i don't get them, i also tried to add them with console and i get the bimbo icon but no text. Also moodlets without text. I have english version of the game

I don't know what could be causing this since I can see the texts here.

Did you install your game in a different language originally and then set it up as English? or was it English from the start?

It looks like the game is expecting the mod to be in a different language than what it is now. That's the only explanation I have as to why texts are missing across the board.

For me the reward traits don't work, i don't get them, i also tried to add them with console and i get the bimbo icon but no text. Also moodlets without text. I have english version of the game

I don't know what could be causing this since I can see the texts here.

Did you install your game in a different language originally and then set it up as English? or was it English from the start?

It looks like the game is expecting the mod to be in a different language than what it is now. That's the only explanation I have as to why texts are missing across the board.

Always had the game in english. I also got many other mods and this one is the only one with the missing text so i don't know. Maybe it's because i added the reward traits trough cheats? (complete aspiration goal with mc command center)

21 hours ago, Akkin said:
The mod is no longer visible in the CAS (bimbo trait) but still seems to work on sims created before the last update.

I have not yet allowed my game to apply the last update because of warnings that it would likely break several mods I am using.

I will have to investigate why it is not working anymore and if there is a way to fix it. Since I am relying heavily on the Sims 4 Mod Constructor to edit my custom trait, I may have to wait until that tool is updated as well.

Your mod works, at least for the Bimbo trait that can be put on our sim in the CAS mode. But this feature is not visible in the CAS. The sims that I created before the update, always have your trait on them (including icon) and the buffs that must appear in game, do it.

I also checked the aspirations Bimbo works (fuck doll and candy arm). And they appear well in the CAS mode. Only the trait does not appear, so we can not put it on new sims.

Suggérer une modification
Afficher la traduction originale
Edited by Akkin
16 hours ago, Akkin said:
Your mod works, at least for the Bimbo trait that can be put on our sim in the CAS mode. But this feature is not visible in the CAS. The sims that I created before the update, always have your trait on them (including icon) and the buffs that must appear in game, do it.

I also checked the aspirations Bimbo works (fuck doll and candy arm). And they appear well in the CAS mode. Only the trait does not appear, so we can not put it on new sims.

I just want to add my experience to this.  I haven't played since this mod was released, I've been waiting for the cats and dogs expansion to jump back in so Idk how it is broken gameplay wise, but in CAS if I load a sim in that has the bimbo small trait ('small trait' refers to one of the three traits you can put on a sim, I'll refer to 'Large trait' as the single big trait you can put on a sim... sorry I forgot the in game terminology... it's been a while), you can see the trait in CAS with the correct flavor text.  However, if you open the trait panel, you cannot find the trait and therefore if you remove the trait from your sim then you cannot re-add the bimbo trait. 

The 'Large Trait' is still visible (the one with optional fuck doll or bimbo arm candy) is still visible, with correct flavor text, and can be re-added through the 'large trait' panel.  

I've been messing around in CAS since you released this, but again, I haven't played so Idk how broken it is in game.  

Also, I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a mod which expanded the number of columns in CAS: http://modthesims.info/d/558052 after the update the UI was completely missing and then they updated their mod and now the UI is visible again... idk if seeing what that mod changed may help you diagnose the problem or not but just a thought.  It is the only other mod I have which had something missing in CAS.  

Best of luck!  The cat/dog expansion is super cute btw! 

I have a number of scripted mods I am waiting for to be cleared for use with Cats and dogs before I update my game.. until then, I will keep playing offline.

Maybe with the coming holidays people will have to to revisit their old mods and fix them. If not, I will see what hasn't been fixed in January and decide if I should just drop these mods instead.

In other words, don't expect fixes to the Bimbo traits before at least January.

(Another complication is that I am using the Sims 4 Mod Constructor to do this trait. So I am completely beholden to how it packages mods. I hope Zerbu will either fix this version or release his rewrite of this utility).

Cheer up guys, if we put our heads together we may be able to collectively fix it ourselves!  I tried to open the mod in Sims 4 Studio but just saving it (without making any changes) completely breaks the mod. So, I think we will have to use zerbu's mod constructor.  I tried downloading it but it looks really unfriendly and I can't find a way to open this mod in that program. 

But, going from zerhu's tweets, we may have a solution: https://twitter.com/ZerbuTabek/status/928396519216242689

He mentions adding the 'species tag' to the mod which looks like this: 

<L name="species">

<T type="Int64">1</T>

</L>

Idk where though so I opened up the vegetarian trait in Sims 4 Studio and took a look at the Sim Data type and saw this line posted in that type's xml file.  

In its 'Trait Tuning' type, I saw this as well: 

<L n="species">
    <E />
</L>

So maybe if someone figures out how to open this in the mod constructor and add these changes to the xml files then we may have a working mod again? 

UPDATE:

Okay... so, I'm not going to work with zerbu's clunky tool so I opened up the trait back in Sims4Studio to try my luck again...

AEUOEUEOU  a bit of background, it looks like sims 4 mods rely heavily on xml files, my experience with xml is that I was bored one day during lunch in high school so I picked up a html-5 book off the shelf of the school's library, read a chapter, and realized web scripters are insane.  I love me some papyrus, lua, python, C++, C#, BASIC, various assembly languages, some interpreted languages like whatever matlab is coded in or R, VHDL, verilog... point is, I'm not shy to coding, scripting, or whatever the hell VHDL/verilog is categorized as (is that more like a CAD tool? idk) but for some cursed reason whenever I look at scripting languages like html5 or xml files... idk what it is... but it INFURIATES ME!  It's a real problem, and idk why this type of file upset me so much but it just does.  I look at it, and I don't want to understand, I don't want to learn... i want to BURN WITH FIRE!  

ahem... idk what's wrong with me.  It's not like an xml file shot my parents and left me for dead in a gutter, but I wouldn't put it past it.  Anyway, I just want to mention how infuriating it was to work on this.  And, the fact I stuck with it is a testimony to how much I cherished skyrimLL's excellent work and didn't want to see it disappear.  

So I opened up the files in sims4studio and started guessing at what was wrong/missing and what needed to be fixed added.  I'd like to say I was making educated guesses to what was wrong, and that would be half true, the rest of the truth is that I was just randomly adding things that looked like it may do something, throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it stuck. Long story short, I think it is working now.  the trait now shows up in CAS under the social menu with flavor text and a icon.  

I think it's fixed!  Is it fully working? I have no idea, but if luck is on my side, then yes.  And frankly, luck must be on my side because somehow I got it to appear in CAS without knowing what I was doing and being blinded by rage.  

I attached the file.  Again, put it together in Sims4Studio and if skyrimLL wants me to take it down then I will.  

PlzWorkFxml.zip

Edited by nisa9022
16 hours ago, nisa9022 said:

UPDATE:

Okay... so, I'm not going to work with zerbu's clunky tool so I opened up the trait back in Sims4Studio to try my luck again...

AEUOEUEOU  a bit of background, it looks like sims 4 mods rely heavily on xml files, my experience with xml is that I was bored one day during lunch in high school so I picked up a html-5 book off the shelf of the school's library, read a chapter, and realized web scripters are insane.  I love me some papyrus, lua, python, C++, C#, BASIC, various assembly languages, some interpreted languages like whatever matlab is coded in or R, VHDL, verilog... point is, I'm not shy to coding, scripting, or whatever the hell VHDL/verilog is categorized as (is that more like a CAD tool? idk) but for some cursed reason whenever I look at scripting languages like html5 or xml files... idk what it is... but it INFURIATES ME!  It's a real problem, and idk why this type of file upset me so much but it just does.  I look at it, and I don't want to understand, I don't want to learn... i want to BURN WITH FIRE!  

ahem... idk what's wrong with me.  It's not like an xml file shot my parents and left me for dead in a gutter, but I wouldn't put it past it.  Anyway, I just want to mention how infuriating it was to work on this.  And, the fact I stuck with it is a testimony to how much I cherished skyrimLL's excellent work and didn't want to see it disappear.  

So I opened up the files in sims4studio and started guessing at what was wrong/missing and what needed to be fixed added.  I'd like to say I was making educated guesses to what was wrong, and that would be half true, the rest of the truth is that I was just randomly adding things that looked like it may do something, throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it stuck. Long story short, I think it is working now.  the trait now shows up in CAS under the social menu with flavor text and a icon.  

I think it's fixed!  Is it fully working? I have no idea, but if luck is on my side, then yes.  And frankly, luck must be on my side because somehow I got it to appear in CAS without knowing what I was doing and being blinded by rage.  

I attached the file.  Again, put it together in Sims4Studio and if skyrimLL wants me to take it down then I will.  

PlzWorkFxml.zip

Great... I will leave it up here until I can test it myself.

Can you explain a little bit what you ended up doing to the XML file to fix it? maybe in a PM?

I have many custom traits downloaded from a few places and they all do NOT show up anymore. It would be nice if I could fix them without having to wait for their authors to release a new version.

Yup, no worries.  I tried PMing you what I remembered doing.  It is a lot less work than it looks like, so don't be discouraged.  Most of my troubles came from guessing at what would fix things, loading up my game testing it, and then closing, cursing at some angry music, laying down in bed wondering 'why bother,' and then getting back on my computer, telling myself, "I can do it!" then extracting tuning for vanilla traits and analyzing the code, and finally opening up the editor with a no fucks given attitude and seeing if I figured out how to get it working this time... only to repeat the cycle a half a dozen more times... lol.  Quite the roller coaster!  But if you follow what I told you, I think you may only have to listen to angry music and go to bed one time before getting your traits working!  

I completed both aspirations through cheats. My character's default state became "Very Playful". Then I tried using the basement drugs mod, and had my character stuck at "Hysterical" for a few hours before she died.

It might be a good idea to tone down the playful buff.