Armor to Clothing

Hia, anyone know of a way I can change / convert a piece of armor into clothing?

Main reason why: I want to put it on an NPC I turned into a follower via MCS, and when using MCS, their armor only shows up when you tell them to "Wait Here", or come under attack.

In the MCS extension spell, you can tell them to always wear their armor.

Alternatively, you'll need to open the mod containing the armor in the CS, and copy the various details from the existing armor item to a new clothing item. If you use the CSE, you can copy-drag the mesh & icon details, to save having to root around and locate them.

In the MCS extension spell, you can tell them to always wear their armor.

Alternatively, you'll need to open the mod containing the armor in the CS, and copy the various details from the existing armor item to a new clothing item. If you use the CSE, you can copy-drag the mesh & icon details, to save having to root around and locate them.

Do i need the original CS to use CSE?

The CSE is a bit more stable and easier to use........but no....you don't have to use it.

lol, I don't think i'd be able to use it anyway, got the Steam vers of Oblivion, thus the game is in Program Files

You can do it with TES4Edit.

Open the esp

Create a new clothing item.

Copy the entries from the armor in the clothes item.

If the Mod has a chest, copy the new clothes in the chest. Then you have both, armor and clothes.

Or open another armor-clothes Mod with a chest and create new clothes.

------

Convert to clothes and keep the same ID will not work ( with CS and TES4Edit)  You must create new clothes.

Archived