Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nemesis666

NPC tells me i'm not a vampire

After that Harkon guy made me into a vampire lord he told me to talk to one of the npcs in the castle.

When I try to talk to him he just tells me that I'm not a vampire and I should talk to Harkon again.

I don't know what's the problem. I'm able to turn into a vampire lord and use all the vampire abilities.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Could this be caused by a mod?

It could be a mod conflict. If you post your load order we can check.

Have you tried waiting a few game days or fast travel out then back.

Its not caused by mods i fixed one differnt conflict and after disabling all my mods this still happens.

Tried leaving and waiting and its still happening

Is there a possibility to copy the load order? Because I'm having many many many mods installed :>

And it would be a pain in the ass to tip them down manually...

Have you tried loading a save before you became a vampire and then becoming one again? This could be a bug.

I ran into a similar issue - there are a number of console commands to ensure you're a vampire, but I always had issues with details like glowing eyes and dialogue options. Eventually I decided to simply do a fresh install of Skyrim. I suspect it'll take a month or two before we're clear on all the mods that conflict with Dawnguard.

I see Oriental and Monli listed in your load order.

If you're having these issues on a custom race character, it's because most custom race mods are broken because Dawnguard alters the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex file.

Check with the mod authors to see if there's a fix version of their mod available yet. Fixing it is not an easy task, and requires quite a few measures to get things working properly again.

It's definitely not a "tell me how to fix it myself" process.

This isnt mod Orientated, i have not a single mod installed now and its still happening

First, thank you all for your response.

I'm playing with an imperial charakter so I don't think that the race is causing the problem.

I have a save right before you have to decide to become a vampire lord or not. Tried it several times :/

You are right. Dawnguard just got released. I think there will be improvements in

near future. Until then I'll play the Vampire-Hunter storyline. This one doesn't seem to be buggy up until now :P

(By the way... Serena is hot :D)

I had this problem too, and I changed my race to somethingracevampire every single time I wanted to talk to him, and it worked, but now there's a mod on SkyrimNexus that allows you to talk as a vampire lord.

simply just download a mod the lets you talk to people while you are in VL form

its the only thing that works besides being a vampire race(custom race)

-Common sense-

non vampires will try to kill you if you attempt to talk to them :T