50 minutes ago, Buzhidao said:

There is no need for a non-enatic gynarchy flavour, because it shouldn't even be possible to revert back to absolute cognatic with female_authority_2. I would be grateful if you could detail how you managed to revert to absolute cognatic, so that I could patch this issue in a future update.

It looks like the cause was user error on my end, conflicting succession_laws.txt. Might I suggest, though, adding an explicit error message as a government flavor for non-enatic gynarchies? 'You shouldn't have this succession law' or something to that effect. I was tearing my hair trying to figure out why I had an anarchy government.

3 hours ago, Buzhidao said:

4 including yourself

I know, I meant "number of lovers" in the sense of how many characters would have each other's portrait in that tab. I'm actually doing an experiment with a cap of 8, since my character is trolling for lays with his wife, rather than behind her back.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, AlexWyrmin said:

I know, I meant "number of lovers" in the sense of how many characters would have each other's portrait in that tab. I'm actually doing an experiment with a cap of 8, since my character is trolling for lays with his wife, rather than behind her back.

Nothing good will come if you remove the cap. Yes, best case scenario, there will be a lot of events firing for each pair of lovers. With the current setup the event should fire 2-3 times, but if the cap is removed, this number will grow exponentially for every new lover you get/for every new lover any of your lovers get. It can be fun at first, but it will quickly become tiresome.

1 hour ago, Buzhidao said:

Nothing good will come if you remove the cap. Yes, best case scenario, there will be a lot of events firing for each pair of lovers. With the current setup the event should fire 2-3 times, but if the cap is removed, this number will grow exponentially for every new lover you get/for every new lover any of your lovers get. It can be fun at first, but it will quickly become tiresome.

I'm not actually planning to get my character 6 extra lovers aside from his wife, I raised the cap just to have some more breathing room in case the virtual missus gets frisky with a girl, who my character didn't seduce first or purposely left alone because she was either homosexual or not lustful, at a Blood Moon Ritual. Also I'm pretty much cherry picking my character's targets only among DWR NPCs.

Anyway, consider the warning understood. I already had an idea message-spamming could be the end result of raising the cap too much.

Started a run with the Rise of Islam mod, plus Historical Events Pack and everything is working fine.  Tried Ancient Religions Reborn with mod to make everything compatible and while it all worked it just went...strange.  Playable but chaotic.  Restarted without ARR to just more watch than anything else doing a started up in Agder and no weirdness (like the Egyptian religion basically wiping out Islam with a mass conversion).

Is anything planned for the Shieldmaidens?  Something like a religious order where you lose your title and claims, though can still hold land granted to you.  Maybe with their own building in a castle or, if there are enough in a realm, asking if they can build a lodge of their own (a temple-like building) for free?  Having a pagan religious order available to all pagans with gender equality and women with martial training would be interesting.  They wouldn't be ersatz Wolf Warriors but concentrate on training Martial education from rank 2 to 3 to 4 and allowing one specialization per completion of each rank (takes 2-5 years, maybe).  It would encourage marriage, allow Shieldmaidens to marry each other, and generally be its own cult that seeks to maintain their standing in offensive and defensive wars against those that don't allow Shieldmaidens.  A building in a castle might get 0.01 military tech and 0.02 piety per month, generates no income.  The holding generates 0.05 military tech per month and 0.10 piety per month, with whatever the standard Temple holding would generate.  Monastic schools get flipped to Maiden schools, though it is military not economic tech points they generate separate from the Holding.

Any woman can either be granted status by their liege, and become homosexual, lose title and claims, or pay 50 wealth, have at least 100 piety, have level 2 or above Military education, lose titles and claims, and become homosexual upon entrance.

Starting the order would require being a Shieldmaiden or have a level 3 Military education, and 150 wealth, plus 200 piety, and be homosexual.

This would be an equivalent of a Nunnery for Pagans, though with the benefit of still being able to hold land but not pass it on to children.  So they wouldn't get Ambitions to get titles or anything doing with land or power.  Accepting such is one thing, having an ambition for them would get you drummed out of the order and become lowborn.

To a liege the benefits of having skilled Military women is obvious, especially if you can appoint them Commanders (though they wouldn't lead Raiders, just field troops).  Great for Pagans on monotheistic borders...not so hot if you aren't allowing women to serve as Commanders, but those forces do come for free against religious foes of certain types...

A full religious order doesn't seem too appropriate in my mind, given how they are established in game as the christian orders they kinda empathize tenants of Christianity that the Sappho stuff generally works against. It also feels a bit too Norse specific.

And Shieldmaidens themselves are more generally unique positions of honor rather than a mass-organized group.

One idea might be to add more specific gameplay outcome from the expeditionary trips. Getting the Northern European books could perhaps allow for a ruler to appoint a single Shieldmaiden as a non-Norse religion, which has some specific gameplay attached to it and does fit the society's general feeling of international learning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a new game, and am 30 years in.  Not wanting to spend as long to establish the society as the last game, I chose the starting option to speed things up.  I just now noticed that I do not see the "Lesbian Tyranny" option under Status of women, just traditional-marginal-significant (where I am currently at)-notable and full.  I'm using some additional mods this time and am concerned that one of them may have overwritten parts of lesbocracy (in which case i'm going to remove them and start over before I invest too much more time).  Should I be able to see "Lesbian Tyranny" there from the start, or will it only appear later? 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, malvic said:

A full religious order doesn't seem too appropriate in my mind, given how they are established in game as the christian orders they kinda empathize tenants of Christianity that the Sappho stuff generally works against. It also feels a bit too Norse specific.

And Shieldmaidens themselves are more generally unique positions of honor rather than a mass-organized group.

One idea might be to add more specific gameplay outcome from the expeditionary trips. Getting the Northern European books could perhaps allow for a ruler to appoint a single Shieldmaiden as a non-Norse religion, which has some specific gameplay attached to it and does fit the society's general feeling of international learning.

A military order doesn't have to be religious, of course. There were several basically secular ones, including at least one all-female one (the Order of the Hatchet). 

I think it might be more reasonable for membership in the Society to open the possibility of raising a special retinue unit made up entirely of women. There are several around in the period.  There's the Maiden Guard of the rulers of Khmer (off-map, I know, but potentially something an Indian ruler could imitate). At least one Turkish ruling queen (steppe, certainly, and I think Gok Turk) kept a personal guard of female warriors. Even Eleanor of Aquitaine heading to the Holy Land on her husband's crusade with a bodyguard of "Amazons" (though I don't think they were expected to fight, even if some women did). I don't think any of them quite match the European Orders like the Templars or Teutonic Order in terms of holding territory of their own that supports their military efforts, but part of a special retinue seems more reasonable - though I don't know if CK2 allows it.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, Femmesaint said:

I've started a new game, and am 30 years in.  Not wanting to spend as long to establish the society as the last game, I chose the starting option to speed things up.  I just now noticed that I do not see the "Lesbian Tyranny" option under Status of women, just traditional-marginal-significant (where I am currently at)-notable and full.  I'm using some additional mods this time and am concerned that one of them may have overwritten parts of lesbocracy (in which case i'm going to remove them and start over before I invest too much more time).  Should I be able to see "Lesbian Tyranny" there from the start, or will it only appear later? 

It appears later, after you reach Full Status

• 3 weeks later...

Loving this mod so far but three things.

1. Shouldn't there be a 'Present Debutante" option that gives you a male instead of a female? I'd find it relatively fitting. Plus, not all are lesbians and in the early tribal matriarchy stage it'd be kinda cool to pimp out breeding age males to your favorite vassals or to a commander who you feel deserves a title (and a way to pass it on). I know they'll most likely marry on their own but I think its best to get them hitched early if they're not already married.

2. Possibly give tribal matriarchies and feudal gynarchies an exclusive casus belli to enforce enatic succession on foreign kingdoms? Since they can attack you, wouldn't it make sense to do the same in reverse to neighbors in order to secure a buffer zone? Or maybe you just want to go beyond female superiority to female imperialism? Thatd be a fun to play the mod, as a state determined on remaking the world order to be more matriarchal. Even if it does cause some amount of chaos that could be fun. Only issue I see is that you might not be able to use it effectively against large kingdoms if you can only make the top title enatic, causing a rebellion (but maybe you want that?). But it would still be moderately effective against smaller kingdoms or duchies. 

3. Sometimes even after declaring lesbian tyranny it takes AWHILE to before all titles are in female hands, and that gives you a pretty bad negative opinion modifier (wrong government), so why not possibly add the option to pass a law allowing you to revoke titles based on the fact that the holder is male? You can already do that with religion, but maybe thats possible in the games code. 

Just some ideas, but thanks for the mod. I have a ton of fun with it, the roleplay aspect is great.

For number 1, considering the idea, as I understand it, is to spread lesbianism, it doesn't exactly make sense.

2. that's what the enforce Matriarchy casus belli is for.

3. normal game settings allows a feudal PC to revoke landed titles on a whim. "You! Vassal! I don't like you and I am taking away your stuff."

Holy cow, I just noticed the enforce matriarchy Casus Belli, Ive gone two 100 year playthroughs with this mod and I just noticed it! Excuse me as I go and send the Medeival world into choas.

The goal isn't really to spread lesbianism except in a couple of late game extreme examples, it's more lesbianism as a cultural vehicle to bring together women to work towards female empowerment. A ruler appearing later in the matriarchal empire that the player may have formed with a dynasty of lesbians may not be lesbian. They might be straight, or they might be bisexual. So having the ability to create a male courtier for lategame lesbocracy characters as conventional realms have the need to summon female courtiers. It is more likely for characters to be lesbian, but it's never exclusively so.

Hell, you don't even need Lesbian Tyranny to freely revoke male titles I don't think, just Female Superiority.

Also I really like the new Legend bar for the School of Sappho, it does a good job of telling me when new options become available and how close we are to unlocking them.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, Malum Oculus said:

Planning on anymore updates? Just wondering since this is my favourite adult mod, since I feel this actually adds a new way to play. While the other adult mods just adds some content or just flavour. I'd just love to see some updates in the future adding content and such.

I am slowly working on a bunch of new small features. Nothing major yet, but who knows. While I do not have nearly enough time to mod these days, I am not giving up either.

I'd say Dark World Reborn is likely still compatible, and knowing its author Luxuria Fantasia probably is too.

6 hours ago, Buzhidao said:

I am slowly working on a bunch of new small features. Nothing major yet, but who knows. While I do not have nearly enough time to mod these days, I am not giving up either.

I'd say Dark World Reborn is likely still compatible, and knowing its author Luxuria Fantasia probably is too.

Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Miss AshleyJ said:

So far all three play nice for me.

Thx

1 hour ago, Malum Oculus said:

Am I going insane? I swear that this mod allowed to gain special female bloodline like cleopatra, or what not, but it is not there anymore? Am I confused with something else?

It's there. You have to be the first person to create a gynarchy.

I think there might be some miscommunication.  This mod does have a bloodline for starting the first gynarchy.  But it sounds like you're asking about a bloodline that states you're descended from Cleopatra -- in which case I think you're thinking of Dark World Extras, which includes bloodlines and artifacts linking you to various historical characters (as they were portrayed in the Fate series of games, anime artwork and all).