SexLab Light SE Development Thread - OLD

vinfamy

Do you have a tutorial on how to decompile the scripts. I'm playing around with it now. I've got a very old mod I want to convert on my own time and see if I can get the dll to to work properly.  This could help out a lot of modders if you wouldn't mind. I couldn't find any tutorials on how to use resource hacker on hwo to decompile the dlls and convert them to 64bit. I can figure out the code once I've gotten the file setup for 64bit.  I've learned how to alter xml format pretty well. 

Precious few mods use dlls. And those don't have scripts. They are typically written in C++ or similar. Just utility things like SexlabUtil, StorageUtil, and PapyrusUtil, etc. are dlls.

What mod are you converting?

Enhanced camera.. I'm trying to see if I can get the dll to work properly with skse64 2.04.. I can open up the raw data and get the numbers and the code on the side, but I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to save it with the code as a dll 64bit file. I'm using MSvisual to try and set the code back up and see if I can try to find the skse1.73 compatiblity correctly adjusted to 2.04. 

I know this is complicated, but once I figure out the process. Everything else should fall into place. I kind of need to learn this, because of a mod I'm using resources for which allows me to create head bobbing in first person. However, I want to see what enhance cameras effects would be with the head bobbing mod I'm working on, so I'm trying to see if i can get the code into visual studio from resource hacker and get it converted to 64bit dll file. 

Do you have a tutorial on how to decompile the scripts. I'm playing around with it now. I've got a very old mod I want to convert on my own time and see if I can get the dll to to work properly.  This could help out a lot of modders if you wouldn't mind. I couldn't find any tutorials on how to use resource hacker on hwo to decompile the dlls and convert them to 64bit. I can figure out the code once I've gotten the file setup for 64bit.  I've learned how to alter xml format pretty well. 

Precious few mods use dlls. And those don't have scripts. They are typically written in C++ or similar. Just utility things like SexlabUtil, StorageUtil, and PapyrusUtil, etc. are dlls.

Enhanced camera.. I'm trying to see if I can get the dll to work properly with skse64 2.04.. I can open up the raw data and get the numbers and the code on the side, but I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to save it with the code as a dll 64bit file. I'm using MSvisual to try and set the code back up and see if I can try to find the skse1.73 compatiblity correctly adjusted to 2.04. 

I know this is complicated, but once I figure out the process. Everything else should fall into place. I kind of need to learn this, because of a mod I'm using resources for which allows me to create head bobbing in first person. However, I want to see what enhance cameras effects would be with the head bobbing mod I'm working on, so I'm trying to see if i can get the code into visual studio from resource hacker and get it converted to 64bit dll file. 

Have you tried contacting LogicDragon for the source?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2176597/?

His license terms are liberal - "do what you want with it".

Any disassembly is going to be really grim compared to having the actual source.

Have you tried contacting LogicDragon for the source?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2176597/?

His license terms are liberal - "do what you want with it".

Any disassembly is going to be really grim compared to having the actual source.

I figured it would be grim, but I'm interested in the grim part. I'm doing this with my own time and don't plan on doing anything with the mod itself except for my own game. I may reach out to him later, but for now. I'm just learning how to program and decompile files and recompile them. This is more of a small learning project. I just happened to choose enhanced camera since I like it use it and it's a pretty simple type of mod. 

Nevermind. I figured out how to decompile the dll files into a new code and I have the full source now. This tool is amazing. It shows me exactly what the code looks like. Now all I have to do is go through it and how the code might be fully translated and recompiled into 64bit. 

Man - the tools must have gotten better. If it spits out recognizable C++ - that is fantastic.

Sorry I can't help you with the 64 bit flag. And it should just be a flag during the compile.

Nevermind. I'm looking at a different code setup. My guess is the tool needs a plugin to allow for that kind of code. It needs an algorthm based setup where it could see better patterns for the code. It's got void  and reference interpretation. The funny thing is it shows it in a code format. I'm confused, but will continue to play around with it. 

I'm trying to decompile HDTextension. I got to decompile racemenu's dll's and it worked pretty damn good. 

Actually CFF Explorer is better for dll files than resource hacker, just wish I knew more about how to use it. My programing skills are very limited. I have found PEXD and PEXC to also be useful for pex files.

I know how to uncompile pex files, but I'm still learning how to do it with snowman with dlls. It actually creates an actual readable code to see what was in the dll file. The question is 1.. is the original code... 2.. Can it be put into MS visual studio and compiled and 3. What's the full process in compiling the dll to 64bit dll. 

We as a community should have this knowledge.. We should have tutorials setup to help others learn these process. One of the reasons I loved CEO's mod because CEO created tutorials for you to do your thing.  If we could create step by step guides and figure out how to do this we could make it easier for other modders to create their own mods. This idea of hording informations is foolish. We all want physics, we all want better and more stable mods. Learning these process should be available to everyone. I understand the rules of owning a mod and source code and not stealing people's work. I'm simply talking about create a process which will allow transfer of resources between platforms much easier. 

What I find so dumb about this whole process is how easily we can extract BSA, but can't create a tool which does the same thing for dll files... 

Actually CFF Explorer is better for dll files than resource hacker, just wish I knew more about how to use it. My programing skills are very limited. I have found PEXD and PEXC to also be useful for pex files.

I know how to uncompile pex files, but I'm still learning how to do it with snowman with dlls. It actually creates an actual readable code to see what was in the dll file. The question is 1.. is the original code... 2.. Can it be put into MS visual studio and compiled and 3. What's the full process in compiling the dll to 64bit dll. 

We as a community should have this knowledge.. We should have tutorials setup to help others learn these process. One of the reasons I loved CEO's mod because CEO created tutorials for you to do your thing.  If we could create step by step guides and figure out how to do this we could make it easier for other modders to create their own mods. This idea of hording informations is foolish. We all want physics, we all want better and more stable mods. Learning these process should be available to everyone. I understand the rules of owning a mod and source code and not stealing people's work. I'm simply talking about create a process which will allow transfer of resources between platforms much easier. 

What I find so dumb about this whole process is how easily we can extract BSA, but can't create a tool which does the same thing for dll files... 

All I get is instruction translated back into c++. No file stricture, no name and in turn impossible to organize. You will need extensive hacking knowledge (for example SKSE team) to understand what's going on which it would be a lot simpler to understand how hdt works and try to make your own implementations.

As for the convenient tool part first of .Net is a lot more complicated than Creation Kit. A good number of languages casually touch instruction/ binary (drivers for example are commonly written in C, and many languages would need to go back to c/ c++), and many translation is one way. Another thing to consider is that DLL is a package, while Papyrus exist as individual files complied or not.

• 4 weeks later...

So, what's the status of SexLab Aroused?  Is there a technical hurdle preventing it from working with SexLab Lite?  Like, does it depend on functionality that only the full SexLab Framework provides?  Does it have a heavy reliance on PapyrusUtil or something else that hasn't been ported yet?  I'm just curious is all, not being impatient.

27 minutes ago, matinskyrim2020 said:

Guys help. I installed Sexlab, it shows up on my Mod menu ingame (using SKY UI & SKSE 64). There is an 'Install' option in my Mod menu, I click on it. It loads a bunch of animations (hundreds of them) and it says "Sexlab is ready". However, afterwards I still only see one option in the mod menu which is "Install" (which I already did!).

What am I doing wrong here?

That Mod Menu is left over from the full version of Sexlab. It's normal for it not to change, in fact we were probably never even meant to see it. The mod will still run fine, just use the spell to configure everything.

1 hour ago, matinskyrim2020 said:

Guys help. I installed Sexlab, it shows up on my Mod menu ingame (using SKY UI & SKSE 64). There is an 'Install' option in my Mod menu, I click on it. It loads a bunch of animations (hundreds of them) and it says "Sexlab is ready". However, afterwards I still only see one option in the mod menu which is "Install" (which I already did!).

What am I doing wrong here?

If you really want to, you can re-enable the menu by editing & recompiling sslSystemAlias.psc.

Find and uncomment line 375, then compile.

Original:

event OnBeginState()
		;RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.1)       <--- line 375
		PreloadDone = true

Edited:

event OnBeginState()
		RegisterForSingleUpdate(0.1)
		PreloadDone = true

I can't recall whether you have to go through the Install procedure again after doing this, or if it just works on a game load. Also, note that there's a whole bunch of stuff in the menus that weren't ported from LE toSSE, and so they don't work. A lot of the settings do seem to function, though.

16 minutes ago, burntburlap said:

If you really want to, you can re-enable the menu by editing & recompiling sslSystemAlias.psc.

Original:

event OnBeginState()
		PreloadDone = true

Edited:

event OnBeginState()
		PreloadDone = true

I can't recall whether you have to go through the Install procedure again after doing this, or if it just works on a game load. Also, note that there's a whole bunch of stuff in the menus that weren't ported from LE toSSE, and so they don't work. A lot of the settings do seem to function, though.

I DO want to, thanks! :D

EDIT: Any chance this would get SL Aroused working?

24 minutes ago, ffrayme said:

I DO want to, thanks! :D

EDIT: Any chance this would get SL Aroused working?

I just started looking at that yesterday, and no, that's not enough. Aroused depends on the Stats functionality of SexLab which is missing some native functions from the DLLs. I took a crack at a workaround for those missing bits, and failed miserably.

2 minutes ago, burntburlap said:

I just started looking at that yesterday, and no, that's not enough. Aroused depends on the Stats functionality of SexLab which is missing some native functions from the DLLs. I took a crack at a workaround for those missing bits, and failed miserably.

Ah, bummer. Still though, progress is being made.

6 hours ago, burntburlap said:

Original:

event OnBeginState()
		PreloadDone = true

Edited:

event OnBeginState()
		PreloadDone = true

OK, how would I go about decompiling the script? Or is the source code available somewhere?

11 hours ago, ffrayme said:

OK, how would I go about decompiling the script? Or is the source code available somewhere?

The source should be automatically installed with SL Light - it's located in <your Skyrim folder>\Data\source\scripts

Once you make the edit, you need to:

-open the Creation Kit (no need to load any data files)

-on the top menu, click "Gameplay", then "Papyrus Script Manager"

-in the "Filter" bar of the script manager window, type "sslSystemA" to make it easy to find the file

-you should see a listing for sslSystemAlias, and it should say "Yes" in both the "Compiled" and "Has Source" columns

-right click, choose "Compile"

If compilation succeeds, the "Papyrus Script Compilation Status" window should disappear. If compilation fails, you should see errors pop up in that window.

Also, it appears that I was partially wrong about SL Aroused- another user reported that some of it works. However, it does make a bunch of calls to the missing Stats, so some of it won't be working.

3 hours ago, burntburlap said:

The source should be automatically installed with SL Light - it's located in <your Skyrim folder>\Data\source\scripts

Once you make the edit, you need to:

-open the Creation Kit (no need to load any data files)

-on the top menu, click "Gameplay", then "Papyrus Script Manager"

-in the "Filter" bar of the script manager window, type "sslSystemA" to make it easy to find the file

-you should see a listing for sslSystemAlias, and it should say "Yes" in both the "Compiled" and "Has Source" columns

-right click, choose "Compile"

If compilation succeeds, the "Papyrus Script Compilation Status" window should disappear. If compilation fails, you should see errors pop up in that window.

Also, it appears that I was partially wrong about SL Aroused- another user reported that some of it works. However, it does make a bunch of calls to the missing Stats, so some of it won't be working.

Right, I know how to compile scripts, but I'm missing the .pcs for that particular script. I suppose redownloading should fix that. 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info :)

Redownloaded, still no source for that script :/

Any chance you could just paste the code in here so I can compile a new one?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was in a different folder than I was expecting, and not the correct folder for the CK to see it.

EDIT 2: Couldn't get it to compile for some reason :/

Hi all,

I can only use the sexlab scene controller when initiating scenes via Matchmaker... any other scene initiated via FG dialogue, etc, my camera and controls are locked; only the "wait" and "system tab" is available during scenes. Turning off clipping doesn't work either...

Is anyone else having this issue, or is it operating as intended?

Archived