Where Has The Quality Gone?

KoolHndLuke

Everything was better in the past, just ask my grandfather,

But seriously that is something everyone thinks, my dad, my granddad etc.

It's not "better" it different and adapting becomes harder at an older age.

True enough, things weren't necessarily better in the old days. We only had 4 channels on our TV but they were free. All our phone calls had to be made from home or on a payphone (both hardwired). Hell there are hundreds of ways today is much better than then. However that being said "progress does not always equal improvement".

As the OP suggested companies nowadays don't care about satisfied customers they want repeat customers. Hell auto manufacturers are a perfect example, early cars were built to last 50 years or better (a lifetime). By the time I bought my first new car they were only meant to last 25 years, new cars aren't designed to last much more than 10 years. They went from wanting you to be happy and tell your friends to thinking how can we make sure he buys another one soon.

Archived