Help with NIF - Skyrim crashing when equipping armor

Tivoko

So I've been trying all week to convert an armor to my body shape (and to Special Edition) and started over from scratch for I don't know how many times now, but I feel so close this time, I even got sliders working in bodyslide. My only issue is equipping the armor crashes the game. Gloves and boots equip fine but the main armor part crashes every time. My searching with google has had me testing different skeletons as well as looking for obvious red flags in nifskope, but to be honest I can't say I have any idea what to do in nifskope.

Here is the nif I'm having problems with.

Shudad Alt.nif

I tried opening the nif, and received a long list of errors. There is no armor visible in Nifskope, either...

Are you using the version compatible with Special Edition because the file is for that.

9jtswVa.jpg

So I've been trying all week to convert an armor to my body shape (and to Special Edition) and started over from scratch for I don't know how many times now, but I feel so close this time, I even got sliders working in bodyslide. My only issue is equipping the armor crashes the game. Gloves and boots equip fine but the main armor part crashes every time. My searching with google has had me testing different skeletons as well as looking for obvious red flags in nifskope, but to be honest I can't say I have any idea what to do in nifskope.

Here is the nif I'm having problems with.

You have a bone (NiNode) called "Top", which is weird and won't work.

The actual name of this node should be "NPC L ForearmTwist1 [LLt1]", I think.

You can rename it in NifSkope.

Archived