I know this is a lot of hassle, but trying the X7 with an other device, or rolling back the update to check if the sound returns or not can narrow this down.

You tried a different USB port, but have you tried a different USB cable (or alternatively, check if that cable works for an another device, like transferring data to a phone)?

It'd also be worth checking if the X7 even shows up in the Device Manager or not.

9 hours ago, D C said:

u tried realtek yet?

Realtek software came with my motherboard, so I've always had it. While it is good, It's still limited to software and doesn't really compare. I've also tries reinstalling the software just in case that caused the problem. I am currently using it through an audio jack through a 5.25" bay drive media dashboard at the front of my PC.

4 hours ago, Anonymus said:

I know this is a lot of hassle, but trying the X7 with an other device, or rolling back the update to check if the sound returns or not can narrow this down.

You tried a different USB port, but have you tried a different USB cable (or alternatively, check if that cable works for an another device, like transferring data to a phone)?

It'd also be worth checking if the X7 even shows up in the Device Manager or not.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. I borrowed a laptop and it showed up in sound settings, so that pretty much confirms that it is a Windows software/update issue. Gonna have to try rolling back. Not sure if it will work though since it was only a small update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, which I don't think is even enabled.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, Anonymus said:

Apparently something became corrupted within the driver. It appeared in sound settings after removing the driver and also reinstalled it. What I installed before that I thought was the driver was actually a firmware update.

• 3 weeks later...

Update Time

Been busy experimenting with baking and needed to bake with the mouth open for best results, so that took a bit of time to set up. I then edited the baked textures in Photoshop a bit,  as well as other stuff I will post pictures of bellow.

Set up the new head to the Skyrim body. I fixed the ugly hunched neck and made it overall look more natural. Problem is that the dome doesn't align with the vanilla one, which means hair and headgear re-aligning unless I give it back it's hunched neck.

b2e245d2d2389c37818105dd69050392.gif

Morphed the Vanilla head to match the shape of the new one for texture porting since UVs don't match. It turned out surprisingly well.

f983886bf3ae02f2b199fa8a11fa164c.png

I also made a temporary Big_Aah expression morphs combined with an angry expression for viewing the mouth in-game until all expression morphs are done via a Blender rig.

ab84212b08aab6cae91ecabc701f16af.png

22 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Problem is that the dome doesn't align with the vanilla one, which means hair and headgear re-aligning unless I give it back it's hunched neck

You can easily fix that in racemenu with the head forward/backward slider.

2 hours ago, encastra said:

I say, your work has raised the bar for mesh makers in my books, for professional quality work. Some have done well, but this shows a level of dedication that one does not see often.

Thanks! Still improving though and there are things I would have done differently in regards to professional topology for realistic animation. I am also limited to the Skyrim neck seams and I do also just consider this project practice.

For example, this Lion King Dev video has good topology for realistic feline animation around the snout, where I focused too much on shape.

Canine_tooth_fangs_510844.jpg

Update

Re-worked on the new digi feet I made a while back. I tweaked the shape a bit, further optimized the topology, and added some color.

I just need to add some sculpting detail to the paw pads

make one more quick adjustment to the topology

make the UVs

and then bake the textures

Lastly, after everything is set up I need make the plantigrade morph.

I'll post the low-poly and UVs some time soon. likely tomorrow.

For now, here are some pics of the high-poly model.

(Note: the fur color was made just for these pics)

14b6b707712d8a0c9d3f784aa96ccf0e.png

a12bf00d0c4641eebbe361ad6006626c.png

05275588170cb2057414a8f3fe06c968.png

How far are you on the update for Khajiit Overhaul? I was wondering because it would be absolutely amazing if you and your co-workers on your projects could release v1.3 allowing all users including people who use cbbe to use your mod who want a good head and texture replacer for Khajiits

4 hours ago, Cpt Shortshit said:

How far are you on the update for Khajiit Overhaul? I was wondering because it would be absolutely amazing if you and your co-workers on your projects could release v1.3 allowing all users including people who use cbbe to use your mod who want a good head and texture replacer for Khajiits

I probably can't say until I am half way done with the expression morphs after setting up a rig in Blender which I have no experience in. Since this update is a bigger overhaul than the overhaul it self, I'll likely call it v2.0. I'll probably release a v2.0 Beta without basic reshaping morph sliders for public testing though.

I plan for the full release to have CBBE and 3BBB support. SSE support will likely be in v2.0 or v2.1. Version 2.1 will only be a morph slider update that let's you reshape the head into various different cat species. I guess it would be able to pass as a modeler for creating new khajiit races and you should be able to export your morph too.

3 hours ago, d90Arts said:

You are an absolute madman. Its amazing what people will do to chase fluffy tail. Keep up the good work.

hmm... Chase fluffy tail, huh? Well, I won't deny that. Lets just say I'm open minded, but furry stuff isn't my go to a large majority of the time. Think of it more as training for a build it and they will come fantasy world project with multiple races that I'm in over my head for.

Update

Here is the update. It's late than what I said, but was delayed due to a number of reasons. Also ironically, literally right after the last update I posted about feet, I fell down a few steps of stairs and injured my ankle. It took three days until I could walk normally and is currently back to normal for the most part. :classic_tongue:

The paw texture is good but not all that realistic. It's also mostly grey for tint masks or the such to match the nose. Now I just need to make the plantigrade morph and triangulate.

c11a101246d23202add047f14d86e2c9.png

f29227f72c5a7572a2e626659322c91f.png

97a8c773376acd3c5783bb4b4e60f436.png

On 3/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, NightroModzz said:

hmm... Chase fluffy tail, huh? Well, I won't deny that. Lets just say I'm open minded, but furry stuff isn't my go to a large majority of the time. Think of it more as training for a build it and they will come fantasy world project with multiple races that I'm in over my head for.

maybe one day , just one day you'll be designing the new races for new elder scrolls project in BEthesda

12 hours ago, D C said:

maybe one day , just one day you'll be designing the new races for new elder scrolls project in BEthesda

Nah, I have a different project in mind with multiple races, planned character customization, animation system, and button layout that greatly improves on the hotbar system for a seamless fast paste action experience on a controller. And no, it is very different from Elder Scrolls games, but there is some influence.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Been very busy lately setting up my 3D workspace for the sake of quality and productivity. So aside from triangulating the digi-feet and creating the plantigrade morph, no progress.

I bought a number of plugins for Blender, so I won't be making the Khajiit head rig project a resource. What I can do is export all the original blend key shapes and set it up in a plugin-less version of Blender, but it won't contain the rig.

As for the Plugins, here is some of what I got.

Maya Config Pro because Blender's screen space object navigation is so cringe I don't want to even try to get used to it. Getting used to ZBrush>Maya navigation was annoying, but didn't take long to adapt.

Auto-Rig Pro (Full)   X-Muscle System (Deluxe)   Weight Paint Tools   Bone layer Manager

I also updated to the latest version of ZBrush and bought a bunch of stuff on ArtStation for ZBrush. It took a long time to download and create an all in one install package for backup. I got stuff for making Hair/fur, clothes/armor, scales etc. I have almost 50 f'n things in my library lol. Most product prices are very affordable. Her are some note worthy ones.

Spoiler

I used to use a pre-custom made UI, but spent a lot of time setting up my own and even had to edit the pixel width of some of the button sizes from a purchased plugin in Photoshop so they fit properly on the sides. I optimized it for both low-poly and high-poly editing. Pretty much buttons that I use a lot.

You can see my custom UI in the spoiler bellow as well as a pre-made fibermesh/fur project. AKA: learning material.

Spoiler

df5f1b014269e00d0afe48e72122934b.png

f2770833aa91a0c6f608ddc67defb757.jpg

Now I'm behind on a lot of stuff, so I'll be on a short hiatus. On a side note; with the new neat scale tools and polypaint knowledge, I'm not too against an Argonian Overhaul, but far down the road. No promises though.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

For those that may not have known, an unofficial port of Khajiit Overhaul was uploaded for SSE in the link bellow. While I will post in the comments, I have nothing to do with any updates or patch files for the unofficial port. Mostly all assets will be replaces in the next official update, so no mesh or texture patches will likely carry over.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/48223?tab=description

With how that Khajiit overhaul is going, I'd be more than happy to see an Argonian Overhaul. I swear 90% of the mods out here don't love beast races, so it's so wonderful to see such passion and involvement into them! Keep up the professional work, because honestly it's still impressive you are doing this in your free time. Heck this is the sort of stuff I'd expect from a Patreon project!

And those paws are to die for~ best paws I've ever seen for Skyrim so far.

Regards to an Argonian overhaul, I have a few ideas/mod recommendations.

Would it be possible to do a compatibility patch for these two mods?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/184

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11018?tab=description

They are the coolest digitigrade feet I have seen for Argonians and it would be awesome to match them with the Feminine Argonian Textures.

Mod recommendations:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12595#

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31745

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4830#

Love your work Nightro, Keep up the good work.