Beating a Dead Radstag (FO4 Heels System)

I'm hoping that this topic doesn't result in people coming at me with pitchforks, but I'm genuinely curious if F4SE is developed enough to start work on a NiOverride type system for a real high heels system.

I know enough about scripting to realize this is no easy task, but I don't know enough to judge just how difficult such a system would be to implement. I'm hoping those of you that are more intimately familiar with F4SE can educate me a little bit on what's involved, and what is still required. Thanks!

That's my trouble as well. lol I'm hoping that since it's been almost a year since the last time this subject was brought up, maybe there is a way to achieve something that wasn't possible then. But, again, my knowledge of how the system works to achieve the high heel effect is severely limited.

That's my trouble as well. lol I'm hoping that since it's been almost a year since the last time this subject was brought up, maybe there is a way to achieve something that wasn't possible then. But, again, my knowledge of how the system works to achieve the high heel effect is severely limited.

Three of the biggest issues holding up development of a proper FO4 high heels system:

1) the skeleton. As I understand things, the FO4 skeleton is immensely different from Skyrim's. If I recall correctly, it's also used by both genders.

2) the body. FO4's character body incorporates the foot mesh into the body. So the only method of overcoming this handicap is to hide the foot part of the body mesh, and use a separate, combined foot and heels mesh to replace it. Which cannot be achieved using standalone high heels with no body.

3) without the first two issues being resolved, and the current lack of F4SE functions to control everything, a proper high heels system along the lines of HDT high heels is going to take exponentially longer to develop.

Bethesda didn't do modders any real favors with the changes they made from Skyrim. Their goal was console mod compatibility. They knew full well that neither Microsoft OR Sony were going to allow dev tools to be used with their consoles right from the start. And injecting third party code (F4SE functions) into them was NOT going to happen under any circumstances. Factor in the 2gb console limitation, and everyone suffers. Substandard tools for PC modding, and severely limited capabilities for console modding.

I seriously doubt that we will ever see FO4 modding reaching Skyrim's level.

Trykz

I was under the impression that there was no need for a replacement skeleton (There was a post by Ousnius on an older thread discussing this same topic I am referencing), and as far as the high heel meshes goes, wouldn't NiOverride (Or a similar system, but not nearly as script heavy as HDT was) cause the NIF of the whole outfit to raise in height, but not be dependent on any particular skeleton? My point is, we can just use a mesh of the body with high heel feet and shoes, then add the outfit of our choosing with Outfit Studio, then once the NIF has been finished, use the NiOverride type system to cause the height change to that outfit once it is equipped?

I am not trying to get it to where you can equip high heels with any outfit, I just want to be able to use the capability with an outfit that has proper high heels integrated into the mesh.

Also, what particular F4SE command or function are we lacking? I see a lot of people mention how F4SE is not very fleshed out, but no one references what functionality it is still lacking compared to SKSE.

Afaik Expired already said he´s working on NiOverride.

What you basically do is applying an offset to the root node.

Chances are its even possible to do it within Havok, the behavior graph has quite a lot of variables that can be changed by a script.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2017 at 12:32 AM, Vader666 said:

Afaik Expired already said he´s working on NiOverride.

What you basically do is applying an offset to the root node.

Chances are its even possible to do it within Havok, the behavior graph has quite a lot of variables that can be changed by a script.

Any news for this? Can't wait for it!

Archived