13 minutes ago, vpoteryaev said:

All my works are dead. Not because only i've loose interest to Skyrim.

All that I saw at  last time - is money-making... Patreon etc. All mods are going to it... That's all I noticed. For me it's killing community, so i will stay apart.

Sorry.

I have seen over the years and a lot of different games money making schemes come and go. The community always survives and comes back. We thank you for your contributions and I personally am sorry to see you go.

32 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

I have seen over the years and a lot of different games money making schemes come and go. The community always survives and comes back. We thank you for your contributions and I personally am sorry to see you go.

If this will continue as is... Let's look at LoversLab. It will become not as "LoversLab" that I've met. Going to new mods tab - it's mostly "Non sex" contents. This is not Ashals fault at all. But that's not comunity that I've joined.

I'm no sorry, everything is changes. But "monetesizing" (sorry for my words) is killing everything. I saw, I know. If it happens... it happens and no way to go back. Unluckely.

14 minutes ago, vpoteryaev said:

If this will continue as is... Let's look at LoversLab. It will become not as "LoversLab" that I've met. Going to new mods tab - it's mostly "Non sex" contents. This is not Ashals fault at all. But that's not comunity that I've joined.

I'm no sorry, everything is changes. But "monetesizing" (sorry for my words) is killing everything. I saw, I know. If it happens... it happens and no way to go back. Unluckely.

I've been contemplating handing my former and in development stuff over to someone else myself. I've seen many of the same changes you mention, and it's very disconcerting. At first I was bouncing between Skyrim and Fallout modding. Then just Fallout. And now, nothing. I just can't seem to bring myself to open the CK for anything meaningful these days. Add that to my seemingly un-ending work schedule, and it gets quite difficult to stay focused. A lot has changed in the modding community during the 6 years I've been a member here. With no signs of anything improving anytime soon. Congratulations Bethesda..... your Creation Club has finally helped you achieve your long sought after goal of monetizing modding.....

Trykz

2 hours ago, aljustineg said:

can i still use it on every sexlab plugins,  is this mod finish or there were still bugs that need fixes before he left this mod?

It works well for me. Been playing ~10 hours with it, haven't noticed any bugs so far. Works as described on the main page.

23 hours ago, Trykz said:

I've been contemplating handing my former and in development stuff over to someone else myself. I've seen many of the same changes you mention, and it's very disconcerting. At first I was bouncing between Skyrim and Fallout modding. Then just Fallout. And now, nothing. I just can't seem to bring myself to open the CK for anything meaningful these days. Add that to my seemingly un-ending work schedule, and it gets quite difficult to stay focused. A lot has changed in the modding community during the 6 years I've been a member here. With no signs of anything improving anytime soon. Congratulations Bethesda..... your Creation Club has finally helped you achieve your long sought after goal of monetizing modding.....

Trykz

I have been gaming since the pamphlet versions of the Dungeon masters guide and Players handbook for D&D. Similar things have happened to the community throughout that time period whether through written modules or computer generation. The community always makes it through the problems. Commercial motivation is to put out a final product for a monetary value this does not fit well with the natural curiosity of modders and the desire of gamers for new things. This is why the commercial aspect will not take over. There will be conflict but the commercial aspect does not have the longevity. The curiosity will overwhelm you and our cigar smoking cat and you will return whether in this incarnation of gaming or another. The most limiting thing for me is licensing. Everyone wants to license their content. If I ran this community the first rule would be that if you post here the licensing would belong to the community. That would stop a lot of the conflict over whos the big boss  it would also benefit incorporating music into the game. It is the one aspect of modding that is missing in Skyrim. Sites like www.animemusicvideos.org used to rock until they complied with all the new laws. My response would be I do not make enough for it to be worthwhile for you to sue me so fuck you go away and you know what they would.

• 1 month later...

What bugs me with the modding community at the moment is the possessive anal nature of it. "This is my thing, and you can't use it, or modify it."

That sort of thinking is fine in a commercial space, but in the land of work-for-nothing, it just stifles progress and development.

The mess that's dragged on for years with Zaz Animation Pack, a critical piece of infrastructure for BDSM mods, abandoned by its author(s), and not picked up and developed for various reasons, is a prime example. Zaz 8 is still mired in controversy, and probably isn't going to be what a lot of people want - really just a way of promoting TUFP, but T.ara was put in that position by technical difficulties. How else to fix-up all the offsets?

Because it's hard to build on the work of others in the Beth environment, without taking that work and redistributing a modification, if people are precious, or obstructive about letting others use their meshes, textures, animations, code ... or whatever, it simply stops progress.

You want to make a better cat-suit? Base it on deformation of existing mesh, add new textures, but no ... you can't ... because somebody wants to rage about how you stole their work. Instead you have to pointlessly remake the mesh, that they just made by optimizing an existing body mesh anyway. What a waste of everyone's time. And the same with every other kind of asset or resource.

Even without any money in the system, rage at appropriation blows up people's faces, but add money to the mix, and people get real angry, real fast.

If I made something here, I'd like to say anyone could use it, as long as it was never used for commercial purposes, or donation begging. But I haven't. Yet. I guess we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2018 at 9:21 AM, vpoteryaev said:

All my works are dead. Not because only i've loose interest to Skyrim.

All that I saw at  last time - is money-making... Patreon etc. All mods are going to it... That's all I noticed. For me it's killing community, so i will stay apart.

Sorry.

That's too bad, I heard good things about your mod and wanted to try it out but I probably won't if it lacks its author.

Continuing to develop mods as if nothing happened and say "fuck it" to monetization is maybe the best way to keep the initial spirit.  Some behaviors are toxic (paying for mods or private releases) while some aren't as bad (before Patreon I wanted to give Loverslab some money as an appreciation and it's nice to be able to do that now).

About the mod, does anyone using it knows how it integrates with Sexlab Separate Orgasm ?

6 hours ago, mangalo said:

That's too bad, I heard good things about your mod and wanted to try it out but I probably won't if it lacks its author.

Continuing to develop mods as if nothing happened and say "fuck it" to monetization is maybe the best way to keep the initial spirit.  Some behaviors are toxic (paying for mods or private releases) while some aren't as bad (before Patreon I wanted to give Loverslab some money as an appreciation and it's nice to be able to do that now).

About the mod, does anyone using it knows how it integrates with Sexlab Separate Orgasm ?

I don't think it integrates with separate orgasm at all. IIRC there was somewhere in setup guide that you must disable that option in SL. It has its own system for that.

As for using this mod at all - go for it. It offers more features than the "supported" SLAR and works with all the mods tracking your arousal well enough.

• 1 month later...

Damn! I was just about to ask about how the mod was coming along, and saw the sad news. I understand why you quit, though. The whole debacle with the Pandora's Box Bethesda and Valve opened is just cancerous. (Though, to be fair, "diva modders" have been a thing way earlier than the paid modding fiasco, and have always been equally infuriating to deal with.)

It's a shame, though, because I really love your mods. You seem to be a very skilled coder, and pretty much all of your mods have been "this should have been in the original mods to begin with!"-tier. vlkSexLife, in particular, is pretty much miraculous in how it addresses pretty much all of my nagging concerns with the original SexLab Aroused--it makes far more sense that people become hornier over time instead of losing their drive, simple nudity shouldn't be the same as actually witnessing a sex act, people should only get aroused when witnessing things that interest them; hell, pretty much every feature should have been in SLAR to begin with. Your Wear + Tear feature is even more intuitive than the one in Apropos!

I'm happy that you've given us the source files, however. I hope you don't mind that we continue on your work? I was really interested in seeing how you incorporated actor sex-skills and finding a way to hook into SexLab's orgasm functionality.

I'd like to attempt some further development on your mod:

• Clean up some language-related dialogue, descriptions, etc. The easiest task on this list and probably the first I'll do. I hope you're not offended by me saying this--your English is completely understandable, but as a native English speaker I can fix some grammar and spelling up a bit, make it look a little more polished.
  • Trigger a SexLab orgasm (and its effects) to occur when a vlkSexLife orgasm occurs. I see in the code that this was a To-Do, and it sucks that you never managed to get to it--I was really interested in seeing how you solved that problem. I've tried to code a similar thing before (fixing SexLab Squirt Reborn, it doesn't actually function the way it's supposed to), but there doesn't seem to be a way to actually trigger an orgasm; just listen for when SexLab's internal logic decides it should happen. If anyone has any ideas on this, let me know.
  • Somehow incorporate SexLab's sex skills into the mod. Skilled actors should last longer, give more/better orgasms to their partner, etc.
  • Try and hook into SexLab's internal "enjoyment" mechanic (this is what governs when SexLab orgasms occur, btw). I actually like the idea of the enjoyment mechanic and somewhat surprised that barely any mod I've seen uses it (apart from Wet Function Redux)--this may be because there's no actual way to affect it outside of changing SexLab scripts itself, however. Again, if anybody has an idea on this, let me know.

The community will be lesser without you, but it is our prerogative to understand, not to complain. I wish you well in whatever future endeavours you have. I hope I'll be able to play your mods in other games, you have a real talent for knowing what truly deserves to be modded.

14 hours ago, Ed86 said:

huh? seems a lot simpler to me

if you want to mod - you mod

if you don't - you find excuse to stop

People get offended by the have and have not attitude that is conveyed in a payed environment. Specifically when its in a creator environment that is being taken over. Its an I was here first and you know what? They are right. To many feel they can force their will on others. If you cant see this there is no hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bunch of mods dependant on SLAR so im afraid to break everything, if not for that i would totally prefer your mod over SLAR

Just came by to say this is an awesome mod and its emplementing some very hot af ideas, well done

40 minutes ago, gft said:

I have a bunch of mods dependant on SLAR so im afraid to break everything, if not for that i would totally prefer your mod over SLAR

Just came by to say this is an awesome mod and its emplementing some very hot af ideas, well done

It's compatible, I have all the usual SL/DD mods that rely on SLAR and have been using this mod instead. Unless, of course, you have something very specific that won't work if arousal increases overtime instead of reducing.

43 minutes ago, Lowezar said:

It's compatible, I have all the usual SL/DD mods that rely on SLAR and have been using this mod instead. Unless, of course, you have something very specific that won't work if arousal increases overtime instead of reducing.

hmm may be you are just lucky :smiley:  dev warns about compatabiliyu in description.

well that another thing is starting a new game

4 hours ago, gft said:

hmm may be you are just lucky :smiley:  dev warns about compatabiliyu in description.

well that another thing is starting a new game

I've been poking around the source files, and as far as I can see, he uses the exact same names for function calls as the original SLAR, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue in the most basic sense. This mod has not broken any other SLAR-dependent mod for me.

Some mechanics don't play well, however--for example, the "Transfer Libido" spell from SLEN is broken because its whole concept of TimeRate was gutted for this mod, so while both mods otherwise work as intented and numbers do change, there's no way to restore your own timerate. Thus you permanently increase how long it takes for your character to become aroused without any way of restoring it in-game, outside of just changing it in the MCM (which is pretty boring).

This leads me to my second point. The main problem is that the mod is unfinished (and probably never will be). The above problem could easily be fixed if we bothered to go in and add that functionality ourselves, there's nothing stopping us from doing it. There's great ideas and poking around the code reveals that there were many more plans for the mod (chiefly among them tying SexLab stats and relationships to the arousal calculation, making a vlkSexLife orgasm equal to a SexLab orgasm, etc.), but the dev quit, so unless we get ourselves up (huehuehue) and do it, the mod will languish in obscurity. A shame, because IMHO it's a superior base to SLAR, mechanics-wise, with better concepts and better gameplay opportunities. Thankfully he was nice enough to leave the entire source code, but still.

42 minutes ago, OTC said:

I've been poking around the source files, and as far as I can see, he uses the exact same names for function calls as the original SLAR, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue in the most basic sense. This mod has not broken any other SLAR-dependent mod for me.

Some mechanics don't play well, however--for example, the "Transfer Libido" spell from SLEN is broken because its whole concept of TimeRate was gutted for this mod, so while both mods otherwise work as intented and numbers do change, there's no way to restore your own timerate. Thus you permanently increase how long it takes for your character to become aroused without any way of restoring it in-game, outside of just changing it in the MCM (which is pretty boring).

This leads me to my second point. The main problem is that the mod is unfinished (and probably never will be). The above problem could easily be fixed if we bothered to go in and add that functionality ourselves, there's nothing stopping us from doing it. There's great ideas and poking around the code reveals that there were many more plans for the mod (chiefly among them tying SexLab stats and relationships to the arousal calculation, making a vlkSexLife orgasm equal to a SexLab orgasm, etc.), but the dev quit, so unless we get ourselves up (huehuehue) and do it, the mod will languish in obscurity. A shame, because IMHO it's a superior base to SLAR, mechanics-wise, with better concepts and better gameplay opportunities. Thankfully he was nice enough to leave the entire source code, but still.

ah damn.. thanks for explaining! i dont know shit in progremming :smiley: yeh its too bad the developement is over, and i dont think it will catch on

from what ive seen on loverslab, for project like this to be picked up it has to either be very popular or very unique and somewhat popular

Since its just better then already existing SLAR the odds of that are kinda thin

47 minutes ago, gft said:

ah damn.. thanks for explaining! i dont know shit in progremming :smiley: yeh its too bad the developement is over, and i dont think it will catch on

from what ive seen on loverslab, for project like this to be picked up it has to either be very popular or very unique and somewhat popular

Since its just better then already existing SLAR the odds of that are kinda thin

No worries, haha. All you need to know is that this mod will *95%* not break any other SLAR-dependent mod. So feel free to use it if you want. I personally use it because it's (like you said) just flat-out better than SLAR, and honestly I don't think SLAR is going to be updated in a major way any time soon. I think they've put in everything they wanted to, at this point.

I honestly think this mod is actually unique enough to warrant attention--it's pretty much SLAR but with better functionality, the only issue is that it never got popular enough. I think people got scared off because he's not a native English speaker--they read the mod description and think it's a barely-working amateur project, despite the fact that he's one of the better coders I've seen around here. It's rather unfair.

6 minutes ago, OTC said:

No worries, haha. All you need to know is that this mod will *95%* not break any other SLAR-dependent mod. So feel free to use it if you want. I personally use it because it's (like you said) just flat-out better than SLAR, and honestly I don't think SLAR is going to be updated in a major way any time soon. I think they've put in everything they wanted to, at this point.

I honestly think this mod is actually unique enough to warrant attention--it's pretty much SLAR but with better functionality, the only issue is that it never got popular enough. I think people got scared off because he's not a native English speaker--they read the mod description and think it's a barely-working amateur project, despite the fact that he's one of the better coders I've seen around here. It's rather unfair.

Oh really? Well damn this makes the situation even more sad lol

Tbh id love to be involved in some sort of project in this community 

I could make an appealing mod page, draw some stuff or translate properly (if hes russian) but i dont know coding and thats the main part :tongue:

Im actually trying to chage up my mods right now, so ill use vlksl this time around

1 hour ago, gft said:

Oh really? Well damn this makes the situation even more sad lol

Tbh id love to be involved in some sort of project in this community 

I could make an appealing mod page, draw some stuff or translate properly (if hes russian) but i dont know coding and thats the main part :tongue:

Im actually trying to chage up my mods right now, so ill use vlksl this time around

Definitely, try it out. Make sure it's on a fresh playthrough, though, if you try to replace SLAR in the middle of a playthrough there's bound to be issues. (At least that's what the mod-author says, I trust him.)

I'm currently looking through the code right now, making my own changes. I'm an okay coder but I have no idea how Papyrus works, so it'll take a while before I get anything substantial out, but I am going to try and add some things to it, and if it works out I'll release it to you guys. (I posted above for what I'm planning to try)

There's a whole bunch of projects that can easily use your help. Jump in, we always love new modders :smile: Don't forget, once SKSE for Skyrim Special Edition is released, there's probably going to be a huge rush to port all these mods to the 64-bit version, so there'll be a ton of work to go around. Not to mention Skyrim VR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Also, I do believe vpoteryaev is Russian--maybe Ukrainian, not sure--but all his mods are done in English, so all they really need is to have their grammar fixed. Maybe you could talk to him in Russian and convince him to come back to finish this mod, lol! :tongue: )

2 hours ago, OTC said:

Definitely, try it out. Make sure it's on a fresh playthrough, though, if you try to replace SLAR in the middle of a playthrough there's bound to be issues. (At least that's what the mod-author says, I trust him.)

I'm currently looking through the code right now, making my own changes. I'm an okay coder but I have no idea how Papyrus works, so it'll take a while before I get anything substantial out, but I am going to try and add some things to it, and if it works out I'll release it to you guys. (I posted above for what I'm planning to try)

There's a whole bunch of projects that can easily use your help. Jump in, we always love new modders :smile: Don't forget, once SKSE for Skyrim Special Edition is released, there's probably going to be a huge rush to port all these mods to the 64-bit version, so there'll be a ton of work to go around. Not to mention Skyrim VR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Also, I do believe vpoteryaev is Russian--maybe Ukrainian, not sure--but all his mods are done in English, so all they really need is to have their grammar fixed. Maybe you could talk to him in Russian and convince him to come back to finish this mod, lol! :tongue: )

aww i dont wana fresh start just yet :q

not too good talking with people either lol

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the necro.

Alright, I've tried porting this mod over to Special Edition, but there appears to be a major issue with it. It seems to work fine in very small cells, but as soon as you step into the outside world of Skyrim for more than a minute, it breaks entirely. You can no longer access the arousal value of any actor, or even see them for that matter, and the MCM menus hang when you try to access either the "Main" or "Arousal" pages.

I've tested it with as minimal a load order as possible (literally just this mod and its dependencies), and it still breaks.

I poked through the scripts, and I can't tell if it's brilliant or completely insane. Possibly both. There's also virtually no commenting to speak of (the few that exist are in Russian or Ukranian or something), so trying to figure out what the hell is even going on is a nightmare. The only thing I'm sure about is that somehow, the way the actors are stored becomes corrupted. Whether it's a problem with this mod, JContainers, PapyrusUtil, or Special Edition itself, I can't say for certain.

Special Edition seems to be wonky on my rig for some reason, though, so I have to figure out whether this is an issue only on my end. If anyone is even looking at this mod anymore, I'd greatly appreciate somebody testing it and confirming.

Also, vpoteryaev, I beg of you, please come back and at least port the mod to Special Edition. You're the only one I can think of that would actually know what's going on. I've teared my hair out for days trying to figure out why this mod is breaking in SE, when it works perfectly fine in Oldrim. I fear this mod may be dead in the water otherwise, unless I somehow manage to figure out what the issue is, which will probably never happen on my own.