"Flora" questions...

Hi there, to all.

I'm quite modding for 8-9 months by now; I'm not "THE" expert modder, but I'm not "newbie" either.

I have an issue with some mods (or "fields" of my list) and here is the "Flora":

I'm using "SFO" + "Bigger Aspen Trees" + "Verdant A Skyrim Grass Plugin"... I want to use "Bigger Trees" too, although the "B.T" author says is not totally compatible (with "SFO"). My issue (first) is that several trees' trunks looking THINNER than they were even in vanilla version. For example, the huge tree across the "Sleeping Giant Inn" (Riverwood) was so big and thick and now is taller... but quite thinner.

How can I make my trees REALLY THICK, really MASSIVE? I'm not talking about their HEIGHT, but their trunk's DIAMETER...

...Also, a resolution issue...

Although I'm using 4K-2K to everything (if there is a 4K option I'm using that, if not the 2K option, nothing BELLOW that!), several TREES (mostly trees) and their LEAVES are quite less (low) resolution. I know how to open DDS files, I have all the plugins (for map morphing etc), I'm a pro Designer (30+ years)... but how should I do it? Should I load a (low) tree resolution, make it twice bigger and create also the texture map DDS?

Any help?

...Here are some terrible res examples and I managed to changed them:

http://imgur.com/DIGDBmL

http://imgur.com/oVcVQgp

http://imgur.com/VoFvdLv

http://imgur.com/hyLH0AJ

http://imgur.com/euHAGDV

http://imgur.com/z5SjaLw (currently, I made the cut edge color very lighter)

Hi!

I just checked your question with that "message board" and I can repeat;

get familiar with nifskope.

A very useful tool for a whole bunch of changes to basic shape files from the game.

And helpful to make simple changes to the scales.

Load the tree and increase the scale of the X and Y axis similar and all trees using that model will look more massive.

To your texture work:

Well, I think this looks quite good!

Just keep it up! And don´t forget to share ;)

Not every part of skyrim was remade to a high resolution.

Some very good textuers are made by "renthal311" http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/5851384/?

But still there´s a lot missing.

Thxs again.

PLEASE... can you give me a TUTORIAL for that "nifskope"??? I tried in Google but I've found review/explanation articles for it, I haven't found TUTORIAL (so far).

This tool (as you describing it), sounds A LOT useful for many things...

Nifskope has a whole lot of functions!

There are so many things you can do with nifskope and for every part there are so many tutorial available on youtube!

So a "quick introtuction" is quite impossible.

But I can tell you how to edit the tree you mentioned.

While you work with nifskope, a lot of things will come clear on it´s way.

I´ve checked the tree in the CK.

It´s base item there is called "TreePineForest01"

By further checking the base file, the CK tells me the data file is called "TreePineForest01.nif"

It is located in Landscape\Trees\TreePineForest01.nif

It can be found by opening the "meshes.bsa" with a bsa browser and extracting the file.

If you use a mod, which changes trees, then check your existing folders, you might have that file already.

Then open this .nif file with nifskope.

Remember to always keep a copy!

nifskope will show you model to the right, and on the left, you´ll see the files "nodes"

To the bottom you´ll see further informations which will go too far right now.

while playing around with clicking on the tree model you´ll see, that it is made of two basic wireframes.

One for the trunk and one for the green.

right click the trunk and select "transform" -> "scale vertices"

Now change the axis scale to you likness.

Play around, to see what changes can be made!

You´ll soon understand how that works.

Remember to edit both parts of the model similar, to let it fit together.

Then save your work.

Now every tree in the game, that uses exactly this model will have your changes.

To edit your board mentioned in the other thread you can select "transform" -> "edit" and move the model a bit forward on the axis.

Play around with it!

You´ll quickly see what happens.

post-104382-0-28452100-1494494209_thumb.jpg

post-104382-0-47883300-1494494227_thumb.jpg

I understood... but still sounds complicated a bit (I'm not familiar with 3Ds, although I'm a pro Designer).

But I'LL CHECK IT (the tool), because as I see, I NEED IT in several cases!!!!

I'll start with the WEAPONS positions (on the body, to be more attached on them) and then I'll continue with the "Message Board" - I'll "leave" the trees for last, the process looks more complicated for the trees.

I'll start with the WEAPONS positions (on the body, to be more attached on them)

OK.

I´ve posted a picture, in case it might help.

There, I´ve loaded the skeleton file into nifskope.

On the right side, you´ll see the model with all it´s nodes.

Clicking on them simply selcets them.

I´ve marked the small node in the model, which represents the position of the dagger.

(On the left side, you can read, which node you´ve selected.)

By right clicking on the node, you can again choose the option to "transform" -> "edit" the position by moving on the axis back or forth or sideways or its heigth.

This should change the overall used position of the selected weapon.

Remember, that there might be some armors out there, which changes weapon positions in the same way, too.

And within the CK, every armor can have a entry with weapon adjust.

This means, that your edits to the base skeleton can still be overriden by other terms.

And you might get different results on different pieces of armor.

post-104382-0-11958900-1494519844_thumb.jpg

post-104382-0-99074700-1494519954_thumb.jpg

Thxs for the reply.

First... I've downloaded that "Nifscope 2.0 2016", am I good? The other "Script.zip"...? Do I need it?
Second... okay, I'll install it. WHICH mesh file of "XP32" should I open in the tool?

Third... I know that OTHER ARMORS may have different positions etc. I don't care if the weapon looks like "inside" a bit on the body, I care NOT "FLOWING" on the air - it's very annoying.

I see you opened C.K. too... Do I need this too?

(I re-installed 2 days ago the SSE and I removed all the tools, C.K. included. Should I re-install that too? I don't care to make anything in C.K, all I want is that Nfscope tool).

Also, by using the new "XP32", I placed the dagger on the bottom back and the quiver too - on the same (more or less) place. Is this spot you marked the same (back or not back, the dagger)?

So... do I have to edit NOT ONLY the space... but the height too (of the dagger), so not to be placed on the same spot with a quiver?

First... I've downloaded that "Nifscope 2.0 2016", am I good?

Yes (I thought NifSkope 1.2.0 is the latest stable, but at 2.0 might be the new version with FallOut4 support. I don´t know)

The other "Script.zip"...? Do I need it?

Nope, not for the kind of work we talked about.

Second... okay, I'll install it. WHICH mesh file of "XP32" should I open in the tool?

The lates file in your load order, usually placed here:

Meshes\Actors\Character\character assets\skeleton.nif

(this one is for all humans and elves in the game; argonian and khajiit have "skeletonbeast.nif" which includes their tail)

I see you opened C.K. too... Do I need this too?

No. Not important

Also, by using the new "XP32", I placed the dagger on the bottom back and the quiver too - on the same (more or less) place. Is this spot you marked the same (back or not back, the dagger)?

So... do I have to edit NOT ONLY the space... but the height too (of the dagger), so not to be placed on the same spot with a quiver?

I still have all weapons in the vanilla spot.

I just like it that way.

Although the XP32 skeleton mods supports even cooler animations for weapons on back and stuff.

You can place it just like you want, and turn it around with the "rotation".

Do just whatever you want, and check how it looks in the game.

Placing them on the same spot as the quiver is no problem, but it might look strange :D

And it will look strange, when your character uses the common vanilla animations for drawing or sheathing the weapon.

Cause the changes you´ll make here will only affect the position of the weapon while you carry them around.

Just make sure, not to change other nodes for real bodyparts! That could make your game crash!

post-104382-0-97587200-1494522598_thumb.jpg

Okay... Thxs!!!

You are like me, EXTREME helpful, not like these modern young guys saying "oh, its simple... Google-it"!!!

Thxs for your help.

I'll check it. I won't touch ANYTHING else, just what you show me.

If you like, please help me on the other issue (the second), that damn "message board" that is closer to the pole (and I can see through board the rope).

I've seen a "skeleton_female.nif too!!! I need to edit ladies too! So, do I need to open that too and edit it?

I've seen a "skeleton_female.nif too!!! I need to edit ladies too! So, do I need to open that too and edit it?

Oh, yes, sorry, I just forgot that.

You can change it just the way you want, or even give them a different place (dagger on the leg for girls for example).

And if you want to change the message board, you have to find the correct nif file of the board.

Since I don´t use that mod, I don´t know exactly, where to find it.

But, when you open that file in nifskope, just check out which side might be the front and edit the position on the belonging axis.

You can tell it by the color of the long arrows in the nifskope render window.

Red is the X axis (usually, but not always; forward and backward)

Green is Y (usually left and right)

Blue is Z (usually up and down)

Just pick the model an move it the forward direction.

Remember to edit everything that is visiable, because it´s quite possible, that all the papers on the board might have their own small model within the complete file.

Many objects in the game have different model parts in a file.

Think about a loot chest with it´s upper and lower part.

You can also try to find out, if they are bound together in a complete node (something like a "root").

This is not always the case, but a few modders edit the bigger models into parts like that, for a better overview.

That would visible be on the left side, just check out the the branches.

So you can right click there and edit the axis of the complete branch.

Just don´t move the highest, the first node. (The one often called "scene root" or with the same name as the file)

I´ve attached an example for that.

post-104382-0-13928900-1494528311_thumb.jpg

That means the "311" or the "312"???

I´m using a different skeleton. There are maaaaaaany different skeltons out there for skyrim.

Don´t go with numbers.

Put more trust into the name or text behind it.

The game itselfs doesn´t work with the numbers but with the "name" of the nodes.

(Like "weapondagger")

Or try clicking on the model, by guessing which node it might be. This will open op your current selection, so you can read the name.

Give me a minute to check the XP32 skeleton...

I´ll tell you in a minute

I just checked out the XP32 skeleton.

The author just did what I explained:

He put a few nodes, which belong together into a root node starting with "MOV".

And he added different nodes for different ways to carry a weapon.

This was made, so you can change it with his mod in classic skyrim through a menu

You´re playing Special Edition, right?

Then this is currently not available for you.

If we stay by the dagger, the it is number 275 (but don´t keep to the numbers, since they change easily)

The Node has the name "MOV WeaponDaggerDefault".

Try playing araound with that.

I think number 311 - or better "MOV WeaponDaggerBackHip" will not be available for you, since your Skyrim Special Edition version lacks the mod to swith your weapon to that node

And there isn't an option to "open" it... I'm left-clicking... right-clicking... no menu show up.

Sorry, I´ve never found something like that to "find" some node in a big model like that skeleton.

But right clicking on a node or on it´s name should open up "transform / optimize / file offset / flags / block / node"

Not the "MOV WeaponDaggerBackHip", since I placed the dagger on the back hip?

I´m not quite sure with that, but I really think your game will use the default one.

Jus keep a backup copy an try fooling around with the nodes. :blush:

Sorry, I don´t have SSE (Since I couldn´t even imagine to play without my sexmods :angel: )

Archived