MO flagging empty esp's

I have recently installed a STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project, Vivid Landscape, Modern Brawl Bug Fix and Schlongs of Skyrim.
And the ones that are flagged are:
STEP Vanilla Optimized Texture - Performance.esp

Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp

​Vivid Landscapes - All in One.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp

I know for a fact that w/out SOSRaceMenu Schlongs won't work with Racemenu and I asked the author of Modern Brawl Bug Fix in his nexus page for advice and said I can disable it's esp.

The problem remains with ​Vivid Landscapes - All in One (left a message about the issue on it's nexus page and still waiting for a response) while the STEP Vanilla Optimized Texture nexus page is in total lock-down, not to mention I couldn't get a decent answer in the STEP Wiki forums and so does reddit.

So any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Mod Organizer has its own page somewhere in here. That would be the best place to ask.

Yeah! But I couldn't find it so either it was deleted or move some place else and since this is the SkyTech Support might as well take a chance of finding some help here. 

Those empty .esp files are there for one single reason: the game has to load the .bsa archive with the same name. Normally, it doesn't do this, so an .esp must be present. Since MO has it's own archive administration, you safely can disable the .esp files or even mark them as optional in MO, as the archives still will be loaded WHEN you tell MO to do so, but that's default iirc.

The SOSRaceMenu is an exeption, I think a script in either RaceMenu or SOS looks if that esp is there and then disables certain parts of the mod for compatibility.

Those empty .esp files are there for one single reason: the game has to load the .bsa archive with the same name. Normally, it doesn't do this, so an .esp must be present. Since MO has it's own archive administration, you safely can disable the .esp files or even mark them as optional in MO, as the archives still will be loaded WHEN you tell MO to do so, but that's default iirc.

The SOSRaceMenu is an exeption, I think a script in either RaceMenu or SOS looks if that esp is there and then disables certain parts of the mod for compatibility.

Thank you so much. Considering the only straight answer I got on this dilemma was for Modern Brawl Bug Fix (from the mod author nonetheless) while I got conflicting answers from the STEP wiki forums with zero response from the mod authors.

I love MO to death (I love how robust and feature rich it is compare to NMM) but sometimes it is the most infuriating mod manager I have ever use.

Archived