Are these third person only animations? If so do you plan on doing first person animations?

In first person you don't see as much so I don't have a big problem with Bethesda's animations, the only thing that could be improved is the speed/impact. It's not as bad as Oblivion but it's kind of like you are swinging a sword underwater - not a very good sense of acceleration and impact, the motions are too linear and slow. Whereas a good sword animation should start off a little slower then suddenly accelerate greatly and just SLAM into the enemy with power and impact. Oblivion was really bad about this, "swordfighting" was more like pillowfighting, no even worse. The Skyrim kill moves are a little better about this than the regular moves, so it's clear that Bethesda's animators know how to make it look better but they intentionally slowed the regular moves down, probably to keep the action "manageable" for people playing on Xbox using a gamepad...

Still even though you said you jumped the gun I like it with time I am sure you will contemplate its power over steel on the tree of woe. in other words you will do great with this, I am still learning how to make textures and meshes and I still cant get it right but it will come. cause my god is the four winds yours lives beneath him, hehehehehehe

Still even though you said you jumped the gun I like it with time I am sure you will contemplate its power over steel on the tree of woe. in other words you will do great with this, I am still learning how to make textures and meshes and I still cant get it right but it will come. cause my god is the four winds yours lives beneath him, hehehehehehe

...Dude...we must be twins. Lol if you need any help with meshes and textures let me know :)

I dig the animations but unfortunately I play a lady right now and not the kind of woman who can just deflect attacks like that.

More like the kind of lady who does some sick dodging, kicking and stabbing.

That said I'll keep this in mind for some Male Rogue/1H Warrior Playthrough. :D

I dig the animations but unfortunately I play a lady right now and not the kind of woman who can just deflect attacks like that.

More like the kind of lady who does some sick dodging, kicking and stabbing.

That said I'll keep this in mind for some Male Rogue/1H Warrior Playthrough. :D

Thank you Valgo and Yeah they're definitely not for everyone. Lol :)

Must check this out, maybe ill actually progress the story some more hahaha.

GARRUKKKKK! I just wanted my character to look tough bc he has defeated everything including the Ebony warrior so I am making these so he looks like a God and I like sharing my creations. I'm working on more 1hm 2hm animations right now lol

How am i supposed to install dis mod ._.

Its basically uncategorized animation files, just create a series of file paths (folders) for the game to register them.  It took me 35 secs max; meshes>actors>character>animations>male>drag all anims in.  Run FNIS and good to go, they work for male/female skeletons but I didnt like the moveset on the female characters so I tagged them male exclusive.

How am i supposed to install dis mod ._.

Its basically uncategorized animation files, just create a series of file paths (folders) for the game to register them.  It took me 35 secs max; meshes>actors>character>animations>male>drag all anims in.  Run FNIS and good to go, they work for male/female skeletons but I didnt like the moveset on the female characters so I tagged them male exclusive.

thx m8 u gr8 m8

• 11 months later...

Ok, so, those animations are really freaking cool, especially the two-handed ones. But, if you don't mind, would you kindly add the animations, in which you can run (not sprint) with the greatsword held the same way, like when you're walking? Without them, when you rename the files, character is more sliding than running. So, you know, if you have some spare time one day, you could do yer magic.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 3:12 AM, beastinair said:

I uninstalled this mod but the animations are still showing up on my male follower. Running FNIS does nothing. What should I do?

I take it you don't use mod organizer? If you do then i hope you backed up any overwritten files before overwriting them. If you don't just removign the whole thing in the left panel should've been enough to remove it.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:46 AM, terrorofmorrowind said:

I take it you don't use mod organizer? If you do then i hope you backed up any overwritten files before overwriting them. If you don't just removign the whole thing in the left panel should've been enough to remove it.

Wow this was a long time ago, but I no longer have this problem. I was using NMM at the time but I don't remember how I fixed it, I think I just revamped all my animations and just ran FNIS afterwards. Thanks though :)

1 minute ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

Oh, lol. Didn't realize the date lol. Good that it worked for you! Do you still use nmm btw?

I still kind of do, but I'm finding that it might have messed up my animations.
I'm using MO2, and at the time I got it several months ago, it was super finicky with installing fomods. I found that out with the Mystic Knight animation set, no matter what I did it would not work through MO2. So I started using NMM not just for my animations, but pretty much any mod I downloaded that had a scripted installer.

I didn't run into problems until a few weeks ago when PCEA stopped recognizing animations I specified as player-exclusive (specifically walk animations), and a jarl sit animation was only working on certain thrones. I realized it was because even though I moved all my animations to MO2, I was still running FNIS through NMM.

My animations work now, all the executables are in MO2, but I've given up trying to fix the PCEA issue for the time being.

21 hours ago, beastinair said:

I still kind of do, but I'm finding that it might have messed up my animations.
I'm using MO2, and at the time I got it several months ago, it was super finicky with installing fomods. I found that out with the Mystic Knight animation set, no matter what I did it would not work through MO2. So I started using NMM not just for my animations, but pretty much any mod I downloaded that had a scripted installer.

I didn't run into problems until a few weeks ago when PCEA stopped recognizing animations I specified as player-exclusive (specifically walk animations), and a jarl sit animation was only working on certain thrones. I realized it was because even though I moved all my animations to MO2, I was still running FNIS through NMM.

My animations work now, all the executables are in MO2, but I've given up trying to fix the PCEA issue for the time being.

So fnis works now in mo2 or not? Ididn't really have a lot of trouble making it work tbh. Too bad i kinda forgot how i did it lol. I'm not even sure if i'm using the right load order either and i don't trust loot that much either because it puts things in weird places especially loverslab created ones.

14 minutes ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

So fnis works now in mo2 or not? Ididn't really have a lot of trouble making it work tbh. Too bad i kinda forgot how i did it lol. I'm not even sure if i'm using the right load order either and i don't trust loot that much either because it puts things in weird places especially loverslab created ones.

Yeah I've since added FNIS to the list of executables in MO2, it seems to be stable now. I just had to eliminate all traces of FNIS and animations from NMM since it gave me all sorts of problems. I haven't tried the PCEA2 thing in weeks so I have no idea if it works now. I'm just glad I keep a backup of my animations folder lol. LOOT sorts .esps in a logical order but I don't think it was created with LL in mind, from what I understand the Nexus treats this website as a taboo (which I don't blame them for honestly).
But something I learned as a rule of thumb, run LOOT first, then run FNIS, because LOOT will affect animation files too apparently.

18 hours ago, beastinair said:

Yeah I've since added FNIS to the list of executables in MO2, it seems to be stable now. I just had to eliminate all traces of FNIS and animations from NMM since it gave me all sorts of problems. I haven't tried the PCEA2 thing in weeks so I have no idea if it works now. I'm just glad I keep a backup of my animations folder lol. LOOT sorts .esps in a logical order but I don't think it was created with LL in mind, from what I understand the Nexus treats this website as a taboo (which I don't blame them for honestly).
But something I learned as a rule of thumb, run LOOT first, then run FNIS, because LOOT will affect animation files too apparently.

I sorta use someone elses "rule of thumb" where he listed what should be before or below what. Helps out too. The only thing i don't like about mo2 is that it's hard to mod a mod that is uses an esp as a base. Before mo you had to esmify the base mod in wrye bash, keep it open and then load up the second one in creation kit. once you were done editing the second one you had to espify the first one again. You can't do tht with mod because it only allows one program to be run at the same time.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/24/2017 at 9:16 AM, Guest said:

is that the same for MO2

• 2 months later...