FPS would dip down to single digit for no reason (PC)?

It just randomly happens to me when I play. I would get 10 or single digit FPS when there is nothing particular going on. When I open hte pipboy, the FPS returns normal, but as soon as I leave the menu the FPS dips down again.

It's not limited to any particular area. When I fast travel to another location, the FPS would still stay terribly low/

The problem started happening after 15 hours of the current playthrough, and I didn't encoutner this in the first 15 hours. And I haven't added any new mods.

I had this problem too, and I have a decent pc.. What fixed it for me was playing it in Borderless Windowed mode, cant explain why but after that I have zero lag and no FPS issues... My graphics card even runs whisper silent. Only difference is you may get notifications that pop up over the screen from steam or other apps now and then.

Archived