Oblivion Main Quest Is Done

Guest GingerTom

I've used this mod for years and just read about GSBmodders wanting to avoid the main quest. I searched through google and see no record of it anymore, so...

Main Quest Is Done

There is a crystal ball on the floor in the basement of the Tiber Septim behind some barrels.With this mod you have to work for it--it's not as simple as it sounds. :D I don't want to give everything away. :POnce you find it, try to pick it up. It belongs to someone else besides you, but no one is apt to see you down in the basement...

Once you pick it up you go through the Main Quest at high speed--takes about 30 seconds. :D

One more thing: You can use this at anytime--even in the middle of the Main Quest. (I load it in and then go to the basement when I'm absolutely sure I've had enough of the Main Quest.)

Wait, so it just ends the main quest line as if you used console commands to complete the quests? Or do you actually go through the main quest super fast? I'm confused. :s

Guest GingerTom

Wait' date=' so it just ends the main quest line as if you used console commands to complete the quests? Or do you actually go through the main quest super fast? I'm confused. :s

[/quote']

I was TRYING to be funny. :D All the different pop-up screens that occur as you normally go through the main quest will pop up one after the other--and you click them off. Takes about 30 seconds while you stand in the basement.

And then you're done and the winner. Game ends and turns itself off. Play something else. (No--being funny again.)

Tommy, you really made it sound like players were experiencing a 'timewarp' effect with the mod, as seen in some movies.

Liberating Kvatch, infiltrating the Mythic Dawn, messing around with Martin's 'shopping list' to create a portal, Bruma siege, Mankar's Paradise, Dragonfires, avatar of Akatosh. Oh, and closing fifty random Oblivion Gates. All in an orgiastic mind-blowing time lapse. Sounds like a real trippy experience if it was like that. Or like a 'Zero Punctuation' version of the main quest.

It apparently has just the same effect as setstage MQ16 100.

Guest GingerTom

Tommy' date=' you really made it sound like players were experiencing a 'timewarp' effect with the mod, as seen in some movies.[/quote']

Everything I said was true: 'go through the Main Quest at high speed--takes about 30 seconds'

I am not responsible for people's overactive imaginations. :D

Didn't know it is a quest update clicking orgy.

Just like clearing two or three 'Hentaimania 1' dungeons and then repairing all the loot to sell it to the summoned Midas avatar. Takes about 9001 clicks to get all this trash repaired. 4 -5 levels in Armorer guaranteed. My favourite technique that I used to reach level 100 more quickly.

Guest GingerTom

With this mod you have to work for it--it's not as simple as it sounds. :D I don't want to give everything away. :P"Once you find it, try to pick it up".

Guest GingerTom

I would also point out that the Main Quest can be very, very 'buggy'--and when you've had enough of trying to get it to move to the next stage then this mod comes in very handy. :D

• 2 years later...

it's been on nexus for a while. here's the original read me. named mqsdone over there.

Spoilers, spoilers and more spoilers. The whole post is packed with spoilers about the MQ.

Beta. Who knows what will happen, but it appears that the Main Quest is finished and you can play mods which require your player to be the champion.

A several weeks ago, I started another new character to take advantage of T. I. E. and MMR and Choices and Consequences. I'd just finished saving the world for the umpteenth time and I really wanted to get back to Kvatch Aftermath 6.1, which I hadn't finished. I went looking for a mod that would knock off the whole MQ. I found one called Dimensional Space Cheese by Masta B. It seemed to work, but Kvatch Aftermath didn't understand that my player had saved the city. It wasn't fooled. The Temple was intact. There was no dragon. There was no Statue in Bruma. It proceeded by marking each of the MQ quests complete.

I've gone back and built on the idea of Space Cheese. Mine mod doesn't work perfectly, but Kvatch Aftermath is happy with it. The dragon rises above the temple, and everyone is talking about the fight. There is a statue of the player (you sometimes have to enter Bruma twice to get the stone effect), Ocato wants you to have some armor. (While testing, I have not played for the time needed to actually get it because I keep changing things.) You are in the Blades, you're the champion, gates all over the countryside are in 
ruins. 

You've gotten lots of undeserved fame. You don't get any sigil stones. (Well you can have one.), and The Siege Crawler is in ruins. The ruined MQ10 Oblivion Gate in Bruma is there the way it should be. You do get the armor.

There is a crystal ball on the floor in the basement of the Tiber Septim behind some barrels. Once you find it, try to pick it up. It belongs to someone else besides you, but noone is apt to see you down in the basement. It will disappear after you grab it. 

This is a tiny little mod. After you've talked to Ocato, visited the siege crawler, and visited Kvatch and the Kvatch Palace you can remove it from your list of mods. So far the changes seem to be permanent if you've visited the few locations where the mod had to act outside of the MQ quests (Bruma gate, Kvatch gate, Siege Crawler, and Kvatch 
Palace access). I've run the mod, visited, removed the mod, waited several days, and found the changes remained. Actually, you don't have to wait till you talk to Ocato. He 
should want to talk to you anyway.

Unzip the mod into your data directory. I doubt that it will destroy your game, but you never know. 

I've tested the mod with a character who was part way through the Main Quest and with M. O. E. Main Quest Delayed. It worked in both instances. (I don't know what would happen to a certain DB quest if you activate the crystal ball before you get arrested in the IC while using M. O. E. Main Quest Delayed) With the two characters who were not carrying the amulet when they grabbed the ball, the amulet was added and then removed from the player to reflect the normal course of events in the Main Quest.

Version .9 lacked the MQ10 gate outside of Bruma

Version .91 still lacked the MQ10 gate, but removed a redundancy which might have reduced the shaking to help one user whose Temple District was really destroyed but didn't. Thanks to Acleacius for figuring out what the problem was.

Version .94 no longer lacks the ruined Gate outside of Bruma. If an earlier version is still active, you shouldn't need to start over. Just install the update and visit the stable at Bruma. Of course, living without that gate is no hardship.

Version .96 Clears up a few MQ loose ends, and allows access to the Kvatch Castle. On this one, you will have to start over to get access to the Kvatch Palace. The only reason I know to care is to get into the Kvatch Vault from Vaults of Cyrodiil, but not having access bothered me.

Version .97 gives you credit for having closed three gates so that you can do advanced training in restoration and mysticism. Acleacius discovered this. Three is the number you'd get if you closed Kvatch's gate, Bruma's Byrd Gate, and the big gate with the engine. I've added one line to the script on the crystal ball:

modpcmiscstat 13 3

If you are already playing, just go to the console and enter that line. Your stats page under F1 will now say that you have destroyed three gates.