Sims 3 Decor - Wall Art (Updated 15July17)

I wanted more artwork for decorating my world. I'm an artist. The solution seemed obvious.

This will be an online repository of my paintings, posters, and advertisements for folks here at LoversLab to share the works. 

All newer sets are paintings based on Sims 3 screen caps to create a better in-world feeling. The original sets created while learning how to make these are still available, but segregated to a lower class status down beneath the newer paintings.

Oh, the horror of it all.

Well, the high school for KWSV would be up by now, if not for silly damn distractions. It was the second time a periodic table of the elements was desirable, and so one two three was were made. You really don't want to know how much time was wasted on this. If anyone wants the master images to use for other Sims projects, let me know.

NEW:

Ladies Of The Night - Set I

post-771484-0-83737800-1500133275_thumb.jpg

Changing portraits - better than haunted!

LadiesOfTheNight-Set01.package.rarLadiesOfTheNight-Set01.sims3pack.rar

(NOTE: The in-game preview still shows haunted portraits for the 2nd & 3rd picture options, but the actual paintings are as above. Anyone with knowledge of how to correct this glitch, please speak up!)

Simlish Posters:

Periodic Table of the Elements

Here's a reduced (720p) version of the basic table:

post-771484-0-53772600-1494731565_thumb.jpg

Here's a view of the three variations:

post-771484-0-94140600-1494731584_thumb.jpg

There are two versions for download. One normal sized, one redonkulously big. That's because EA just hates horizontal posters. I had to go to Cyclonsue's meshes to find something appropriate. If you have the Bridge Lane sets installed for either Fleabottom or KWSV, then you're covered. If not, and you want to use it, you'll need her Bridge Lane Halt.

The only aspect ration workable mesh from the EA options was the big-ass future Sim City poster (EA advertising - the only place English/Roman characters appear in the game. Their marketing department sucks bubbling farts out of dead toad frogs.) It's a huge 3-square mesh - a bit overkill. But it's here for those who want it.

SIMS 3 based paintings:

Wherein we find delightful paintings based upon the game world, and possibly sordid advertising from said game world as well.

For the art afficianado's convenience, the most recent offerings are arrayed first in the gallery

(Newest on top, okay?)

Whorehouse Paintings - Set I (UPDATED)

When you want the clients in the mood to spend, nothing like raw flesh hanging on the walls. Or, paintings, if that's easier. The new v2 posting has the price of the paintings dropped down to $299 from the mesh default of $800,

Frame color customizable in Create-A-Style

post-771484-0-98532500-1494197345_thumb.jpg

Landscapes - Set I

Landscape paintings for hotels, businesses, etc.,.

Frame color customizable in Create-A-Style

post-771484-0-01088000-1494002067_thumb.jpg

Downloads:

Periodic Table Of The Elements (Simlish)

Regular Size

Chart-Periodic.package.rarChart-Periodic.sims3pack.rar

BigAss Size

BigAssPeriodicTables.packages.rarBigAssPeriodicTables.sims3pack.rar

Whorehouse Paintings - Set I (UPDATED)

New V2 (The price of the paintings dropped down to $299 from the mesh default of $800,)

WhorehousePaintings-Set01-v2.package.rarWhorehousePaintings-Set01-v2.sims3pack.rar

Original Version

WhorehousePaintings-Set01.package.rarWhorehousePaintings-Set01.sims3pack.rar

Landscapes - Set I

Landscapes-Set01.package.rarLandscapes-Set01.sims3pack.rar

Non-SIMS 3 ugly real world based painting ghetto:

Original posting, we've got five items, each with 3-7 painting options. Most have customizable frames. Stars Have Fans also has customizable mattes within the frames.

Dorm Room Posters - Set I

A mix of odd posters for dorm rooms, bed rooms, etc.,.

post-771484-0-66486800-1492996337_thumb.jpg

Dreaming - Set I

A set of paintings following the Dreamer.

post-771484-0-03195600-1492996357_thumb.jpg

Mandalas - Set I

Atomic Mandala and Mandala De Los Muertos - meditate on death or destruction.

post-771484-0-03742500-1492996389_thumb.jpg

Stars Have Fans - Set I

Fans buy posters. (International mix. I have, perhaps, odd tastes.)

post-771484-0-98978100-1492996367_thumb.jpg

Strange - Series I

Just 3 strange paintings.

post-771484-0-99174100-1492996401_thumb.jpg

Individual Package files:

DormRoomPosters-Set01.package.rarDreaming-Set01.package.rarMandalas-Set01.package.rarStarsHaveFans-Set01.package.rarStrange-Series01.package.rar

CombinedOriginal Post Single-DL Package file:

AllSets.package.rar

Individual Sims3pack files:

DormRoomPosters-Set01.sims3pack.rarDreaming-Set01.sims3pack.rarMandalas-Set01.sims3pack.rarStarsHaveFans-Set01.sims3pack.rarStrange-Series01.sims3pack.rar

Combined Original Post Single-DL Sims3pack file:

Allsets.sims3pack.rar

===

All artwork is mine and original usage rights are retained. (Not to mention a whole helluva lot better looking master copies)

Celebrities own their own likenesses, excepting those who are owned by corporations.

These mods may in no way be monetized, either by themselves or collected as a part of a greater whole. They may not be redistributed on any site that requires payment for access, directly or indirectly.

Sims 3 fans may use freely for their personal enjoyment, even if that means painting mustaches on the women and tits on the men.

Enjoy!

You're both very welcome. I'd been meaning to learn how to do this for a while, so it was quite satisfying to do. And given how easy it is to do, other ideas start to spawn.

I might wind up doing a series of paintings based on Sims 3 screen caps sometime soon. That would blend much better into the game, don't you think?

You're both very welcome. I'd been meaning to learn how to do this for a while, so it was quite satisfying to do. And given how easy it is to do, other ideas start to spawn.

I might wind up doing a series of paintings based on Sims 3 screen caps sometime soon. That would blend much better into the game, don't you think?

It's a pet hate of mine to see pictures from the real world in the sims.  I think it's a great idea to use in world screen caps... Can't wait to see the results!

Well, you'll have to wait a bit for in-game paintings. I did, however, do a couple of test paintings based on a couple screen grabs on hand.

I'm pleased with the results, and will definitely do more. But, no more good grabs to use at the moment. Everything is work on KWSV - not good painting material. I'll try to gather more while testing, but that's rather limited subject matter currently. When back in full-on play mode, much better opportunities for good pics will arise.

Meanwhile, here's the two tests:

Zombie Charmer:

post-771484-0-04378600-1493321886_thumb.jpg

Rainbow Bridgeport:

post-771484-0-97901100-1493321904_thumb.jpg

Hmm...

I think perhaps a fun series to paint would be Stars Have Fans II - using screen caps of in-game performances for the basis. So if anyone's got good pics of their Star sim and wants pics of them hanging in other worlds...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...