Vampire eyes bug

theman123

Vampires have always been a pain for me to use because of visual issues. Even after 5 years of skyrim, I still can't figure out how to fix them. For example, I have a weird looking bug on my eyes. It's like the eyes are just barely floating above where they're supposed to be. I also can't use my other eyes from various mods I installed. But I think its because vampires are its own race? Or something like that. Anyways, the main issue are just the eyes. But if someone could explain to me why I can't use the other eyes too, that would be great :)

I also use BVFE and DVA too. Though the glowing eyes in DVA starts to flicker about.

I also tried going into racemenu and change my eye SHAPE. When I did that, it looked like I had an invisible set of eyes right behind and also slightly above my visible eyes. Their eyelashes were the only things visible from that invisible set.

Edit: Just did more experimenting by changing the shape and eye color some more and added pictures of it. Its even worse that I thought.

post-64843-0-64677800-1492575030_thumb.jpg

post-64843-0-42925700-1492575995_thumb.jpg

post-64843-0-63226500-1492575999_thumb.jpg

Vampires in Skyrim are totally messed up, I agree 100% on that. In my experience it's best to never edit vampires directly. Instead make your char her normal race first like: 

"setrace nordrace" 

"showracemenu" -> Make your edits

"setrace nordracevampire"

That works best for me.

To change the eyes it's in my experience the easiest to just replace the eye texture that comes with DVA to a custom one. 

Not sure what's wrong in your specific case.

I would recommend going back to the last working version of your character go to your non vampire race, do your edits and change it back. That should work. You need to de- and reenable the DVA eyes in the ingame mod menu afterwards.

Usleep made some changes to the vampire eyes in 3.0.8. Your eye mods might be conflicting.

Heres a link to Usleeps release notes.

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Legendary%20Edition%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Vampires in Skyrim are totally messed up, I agree 100% on that. In my experience it's best to never edit vampires directly. Instead make your char her normal race first like: 

"setrace nordrace" 

"showracemenu" -> Make your edits

"setrace nordracevampire"

That works best for me.

To change the eyes it's in my experience the easiest to just replace the eye texture that comes with DVA to a custom one. 

Not sure what's wrong in your specific case.

I would recommend going back to the last working version of your character go to your non vampire race, do your edits and change it back. That should work. You need to de- and reenable the DVA eyes in the ingame mod menu afterwards.

Thank you two for your help! I appreciate it a lot :) I'll try to do what you two suggested when I have time to play skyrim again 

Archived