SexoutRapeGame rape-key(s) not working

Haven't had any issues with it so far. The '/' seems to work fine. Some things to check:

1) Is the Caps Lock on? Haven't tried this, but from what i've seen in the code, Caps Lock shouldn't interfere, but check it anyway.

2) Are you using a non-english keyboard layout? Or any software that remaps the keys?

3) Another mod? Several mods use hot keys like this. I don't know of any off-hand that use the slash (/). You might try disabling various mods to track this down.

4) Simplest question, are you holding the key down long enough? Using hot keys like this is not instantaneous, so you have to hold it down rather than just a quick press.

Outside of these, I can't think of anything else.

Haven't had any issues with it so far. The '/' seems to work fine. Some things to check:

1) Is the Caps Lock on? Haven't tried this' date=' but from what i've seen in the code, Caps Lock shouldn't interfere, but check it anyway.

2) Are you using a non-english keyboard layout? Or any software that remaps the keys?

3) Another mod? Several mods use hot keys like this. I don't know of any off-hand that use the slash (/). You might try disabling various mods to track this down.

4) Simplest question, are you holding the key down long enough? Using hot keys like this is not instantaneous, so you have to hold it down rather than just a quick press.

Outside of these, I can't think of anything else.

[/quote']

I've tried caps lock and holding the buttons down, yet nothing.

I am using a non-english keyboard, but I've remapped them to work with NV! I've already switched off the other mods, and as I pointed out, the "get-raped"-key works just fine!

the keyboard issue is almost certainly to blame. Even if they are remapped, depending on how it was done, that won't be enough.

The keys in the engine are done via DX scancode, not ascii character code or anything like that, except for 'vanilla' buttons like activate. I don't remember which key is being used in rapegame but whatever it is, your keyboard needs to send the same scancode that a US/UK keyboard does for that key.

You can download a little program called keyview to determine if it's sending the scancode that rapegame is looking for.

the keyboard issue is almost certainly to blame. Even if they are remapped' date=' depending on how it was done, that won't be enough.

The keys in the engine are done via DX scancode, not ascii character code or anything like that, except for 'vanilla' buttons like activate. I don't remember which key is being used in rapegame but whatever it is, your keyboard needs to send the same scancode that a US/UK keyboard does for that key.

You can download a little program called keyview to determine if it's sending the scancode that rapegame is looking for.

[/quote']

I'll try that! Thanks!

Archived