Jexsam's Totally Not Stolen Thread Idea Rant #1: "Alternative Entertainment"

Jexsam

If Loogie can rant, then so can I! <.<

I am not a hard man to please in terms of adult mods. Give me sexy clothes for my characters and NPC's to wear, a few folks they can bang, and some "alternatives" to human relations here and there, if you catch my drift.

But, aside from the low volume of sex-oriented mods for Fallout period, I encounter one glaring issue over and over and over again; everything that isn't vanilla humanoid relations involves brutal rape.

Now, don't get me wrong. The Fallout universe is a rough place. Rape is common, moreso among the less civilized populations. I am aware of and accept this.

But by the same token, there almost certainly exists, even in the more civilized areas, forms of... alternative entertainment. Dog shows. Bighorner shows. Brahmin shows. Hell, maybe even Centaurs. Creatures that can be tamed and made to "perform".

Obviously in a world like Fallout, not every woman thrown into the spotlight with a Brahmin or dog is there willingly. But, is it out of the question that some women, desperate for caps, or even simply in it for the sex, can't volunteer? I think not!

But enough of my rants. This thread is a simple, rambling mod proposal that I'm putting out here for no other reason than to get it out there. I'm tired of sitting on my ideas.

The mod itself is simple. Add repeatable instances of dog sex to the game.

There would be a mini-quest. The player finds a document in the schoolhouse in Goodpsrings, written by a customer, briefly describing a show, mentioning the man responsible for organizing the show, and mentioning that when the residents found out, they ran him out of town, adding that Novac might be more accpeting of his brand of entertainment.

(If you either fail to find the document or simply decide to ignore it, every location will remain open to you, but there will be no quest reward bonus upon completion until you find and follow the quest line.)

After finding the man, you can ask to perform. There would be two dialog strings (one implying the player just needs caps, the other implying the player just wants to fuck dogs), but both would lead to the same result.

After a good performance, the Novac ringleader directs you to a fellow showperson in Freeside, suggesting that the dogs were better groomed and the caps were better. Similarly, after performing in Freeside, you'll be informed that the best show in the Mojave happened at (shocker!) the Gomorrah.

Ideally, there would be seven locations for this;

• Great Khans Camp
  • Gomorrah
  • Legion Camp (The Fort)
  • Camp McCarran
  • The Fiends' Vault
  • Novac
  • Freeside

Each would have a different caps reward for your performance, never exceeding 50 caps. In order...

Novac Show: 10 caps payout, mangy dogs.

Freeside Show: 25 caps payout, regular dogs

Gomorrah Show: 50 caps payout, regular dogs, additional 100 caps and small xp reward for the first performance if quest was followed

Camp McCarran Show: 30 caps payout, NRC-standard mangy mutt

Fiend's Vault: 10 caps payout, one free chem, mangy mutt, demeaning language

Khans Camp: 20 caps payout, regular dog, demeaning language

Legion Fort: Player approached upon entering Fort, forced into dog sex with mangy mutt unless you select and pass a Speech option. No caps reward, very demeaning language.

Something for everyone. Demeaning language for those who find that hot, less insulting scenes for those like me who prefer their sex less harsh.

My only issue would be the Legion and NCR. I don't think either would do it for different reasons. The NCR because they're more or less the good guys of the game and are supposed to have a certain level of morals. The Legion because I think they'd find it deviant.

Still, it's a good idea. I would probably expand it and add in some stuff like Loverbitch but that's just me. :)

Well, let's keep in mind, basic human nature dictates that such deviancy must exist somewhere in both organizations.

My rationale for the NCR is that the shows aren't "official". Now that I think about it, McCarran is a bad place for it, too. A better location, further from the prying eyes of superior officers and those who would White Knight and snitch on them, might be one of the remote outposts. It's not unreasonable to think a bunch of less-than-savory soldiers might have a dog show setup...

As for the Legion. They are based on the culture of ancient Rome, correct? Did you know the the Coliseum had more than just gladiatorial bouts? Indeed, there were sex shows as well, usually involving bulls. Debauchery was a common passtime of wealthy Romans, as well. I see no reason, in light of all this, that Caesar himself would not hold the occasional show as a method of keeping troop morale up.

Though to be honest, the biggest reason I included them at all was because I, despite my personal taste, find it a good idea to appeal to as many as possible, and figured if people wanted essentially rape, slavery, and crude and demeaning language, the Legion was the most lore-appropriate place for it.

I don't mean this in a negative way at all but the premise made me laugh a lot. "I don't like all this coercive sex it's gross... so anyways these girls like to fuck dogs."

Again, not trying to be negative but it just made me laugh. It's funny how different everyone's proclivities are :P

I don't mean this in a negative way at all but the premise made me laugh a lot. "I don't like all this coercive sex it's gross... so anyways these girls like to fuck dogs."

Again' date=' not trying to be negative but it just made me laugh. It's funny how different everyone's proclivities are :P

[/quote']

No offense taken. Different strokes for different folks, as it were.

As a matter of fact, as mentioned, this is precisely the reason the Legion scene would be forced. Play my theoretical mod, you never have to step into any other ring if you find willing interspecies sex to be odd... but tread Caesar's ground, and it's all fours for you (barring passing a ridiculously high Speech check or something)!

Well' date=' let's keep in mind, basic human nature dictates that such deviancy must exist somewhere in both organizations.

My rationale for the NCR is that the shows aren't "official". Now that I think about it, McCarran is a bad place for it, too. A better location, further from the prying eyes of superior officers and those who would White Knight and snitch on them, might be one of the remote outposts. It's not unreasonable to think a bunch of less-than-savory soldiers might have a dog show setup...

As for the Legion. They are based on the culture of ancient Rome, correct? Did you know the the Coliseum had more than just gladiatorial bouts? Indeed, there were sex shows as well, usually involving bulls. Debauchery was a common passtime of wealthy Romans, as well. I see no reason, in light of all this, that Caesar himself would not hold the occasional show as a method of keeping troop morale up.

Though to be honest, the biggest reason I included them at all was because I, despite my personal taste, find it a good idea to appeal to as many as possible, and figured if people wanted essentially rape, slavery, and crude and demeaning language, the Legion was the most lore-appropriate place for it.

[/quote']

Well yeah, I objected to the NCR more on the basis of McCarran than the NCR in general. I'd set their show up as some kind of USO type of operation that the soldiers know about. A whole new area and not one of the outposts.

As for the Legion, I know they're based on Rome and the Romans did some kinky stuff but the dialogue in the game led me to believe that the Legion, while very mysoginistic and not against having slaves has a somewhat odd "morality" about things like prostitutes and such. I remember it especially in the dialogue in that town they burn. They give off a vibe of "non-Legionaires need to be ruled over because they are so decadent."

All different kinds of creature shows makes sense I guess.

Though certianly there'd be somewhere in The Thorn for such a thing.

Yea I was thinking of exactly that last night. But I guess that would be more into the forced sex category again, thrown into the cages or arena at the Thorn with horny deathclaws or centaurs or whatever :P

As for the Legion. They are based on the culture of ancient Rome, correct? Did you know the the Coliseum had more than just gladiatorial bouts? Indeed, there were sex shows as well, usually involving bulls. Debauchery was a common passtime of wealthy Romans, as well.

You got a source on this? Actually a bit hard to believe :D

I'm too lazy to find a source but it is true, there were spectacles where prisoners were raped by trained animals.

The idea was that Romans considered themselves so ultra civilized that they could put barbarism and debauchery into a capsule (that being the arena) and watch it from a detached, superior point of view.

Which was just an excuse to watch live violence and all kinds of sex, of course.

Wow. From now on the Romans have my respect.

Is there any quick way to make the Legion not hostile to my char anymore? Cause I shot everyone in that town that they burned/crucified the local folks and some Powder Gangsters, and my char is thereby "vilified." I really didn't like the Legion lol, but one of their armor types makes my female char so sexy that now I wanna be accepted by them.

Another unrelated question... is there any way to "join" one of the major factions? I mean, you can disguise in their uniform but the effect lasts only a few seconds until they find out that I'm an imposter(dunno if this is a bug or it's the way it was meant to be).

And... hail/ave Cæsar! ^^

Another unrelated question... is there any way to "join" one of the major factions? I mean' date=' you can disguise in their uniform but the effect lasts only a few seconds until they find out that I'm an imposter(dunno if this is a bug or it's the way it was meant to be).

And... hail/ave Cæsar! ^^

[/quote']

In the vanilla game no. Towards the end you have to choose who to side with(assuming you don't go rogue or side with Mr. House) but you're not actually in the NCR or the Legion. I could see someone making a mod that would add you to their faction somehow but to be done right it'd be a complicated mod. Just setting your faction to NCR probably wouldn't be hard. But to make it happen in-game would probably represent a quest or two at the least if you want immersion.

on... is there any way to "join" one of the major factions? I mean' date=' you can disguise in their uniform but the effect lasts only a few seconds until they find out that I'm an imposter(dunno if this is a bug or it's the way it was meant to be).

[/quote']

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/mods/515/The-NCR

This mod allows you to join the NCR and travel through the ranks. Haven't tested it myself but I've heard good things about it.

Sorry to go off topic. Just curious' date=' are you the Jexsam from the old eyecandy forums?

[/quote']

And what if I am? <.< Off-Topic is fine in any of my threads anywhere so long as it's Off-Topic within the rules, btw, so sure, OT is OK.

*probably should have come up with an alias when he signed up, but didn't think of that at the time...*

On-Topic...

i think it sounds like a good idea' date=' i dont think the NCR are all THAT good tbh. Its fallout, no one is really all that squeeky clean :)

[/quote']

The NCR arguably has the best intentions of any group in-game, but I agree. It practically goes without saying that any group made up of individuals will contain individuals who think differently from the group to some degree. So our dog-show operator may well be all for fighting for his country and all that, but isn't above hiring some local desperate babes for a bit of depravity in exchange for paltry sums of caps.

The NCR has it's seedy underbelly like any nation.

Hell, half the reason their troops go to Vegas is for the readily available female and male prostitutes.

You could easily add any number of under the table depravities and make it fit.

Also the one with the best intentions without any doubt is Mr. House.

If you disagree.. well, you're wrong. So there.

Also the one with the best intentions without any doubt is Mr. House.

If you disagree.. well' date=' you're wrong. So there.

[/quote']

This... makes me laugh. At no point in history has a totalitarian dictatorship ever been a better choice than a democratic society. How anyone could think otherwise befuddles me.

But we're not here to discuss in-game politics, we're here to discuss chicks fucking dogs. If we could leave that particular bit of off-topic at the door, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Guest Loogie

To deviate from chicks fucking dogs for one moment, may I point out nothing in Fallout 3 was well-written enough to start an intelligent debate over the merits of different forms of government?

Well it's debatable but I won't get into it.

I will point out though that I said Mr. House has the best intentions, whether or not they'd pan out as he thinks is another matter but he still wants the best for humanity.

And to ask if Fallout 3 was written well enough, one would have to accept the idea that it was written at all..

To deviate from chicks fucking dogs for one moment' date=' may I point out nothing in Fallout 3 was well-written enough to start an intelligent debate over the merits of different forms of government?

[/quote']

I love Bethesda games but their writing is usually their biggest weakness. For what it was I enjoyed the hell out of FO3 but quite prefer NV.

My dream game would be Bethesda design, with Bioware creating the NPCs and either Bioware or one of the better Japanese devhouses doing the storyline.

Back on topic, I have to say I LOVE Jexsam's idea! Would love to be able to wander the wasteland, making money doing sex shows with monsters. Maybe you could have a dog/whatever as your companion. Say the two of you do shows on the Strip and passersby give you caps, like a traveling donkey show! Though since it's Fallout, centaur show would be more apt. Still, great idea!

Archived