Deleting Save Game Files?

Hey, does anyone know how to delete saved games, without using a save game manager (et al) ?   SE is like FO4 in that after blowing out saves, they start to reappear - and I'm not sure what's recreating them.

BTW:  I blew out SE, Nexus mod manager, mods, Steam and re-installed them all. To my amazement, starting SE I had a "Continue" option. What???  What the hell is re-re-creating these files?   :angry:   I find this really annoying!

Exit sse, go into steam, find sse in your game list, left click on the game name and choose properties, from there click on the updates tab that is there, look towards the bottom bit of the page shown and you should see a box saying steam cloud with a tick box just under it, if that box is ticked, untick it, then go into Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves and delete all the files there, restart sse and you should no longer have the option to continue,

Exit sse, go into steam, find sse in your game list, left click on the game name and choose properties, from there click on the updates tab that is there, look towards the bottom bit of the page shown and you should see a box saying steam cloud with a tick box just under it, if that box is ticked, untick it, then go into Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves and delete all the files there, restart sse and you should no longer have the option to continue,

Ah geez, steam cloud!  Man, thank you so much!  This was driving me nuts!

No problem, though steam do really need to give us a manager for their cloud saves for the games we own, sitting there looking at the 40mb or whatever they have saved for my game and wondering just what save they have is kinda annoying.

No problem, though steam do really need to give us a manager for their cloud saves for the games we own, sitting there looking at the 40mb or whatever they have saved for my game and wondering just what save they have is kinda annoying.

Yes, I agree.  But hey, it's their server, so if they wanna load it up with a bunch of trash, so be it I guess.  I recall finding and unticking that thing waaay back when for Skyrim, but have long since forgotten about it.  It also explains why the same thing happens with my FO4 files, although I'm not a fanboy of FO4 and don't care to much. It's fun (I guess), but I'm just not into the whole robot thing...   The Jetsons it ain't.  :D

Yes, I agree.  But hey, it's their server, so if they wanna load it up with a bunch of trash, so be it I guess.  I recall finding and unticking that thing waaay back when for Skyrim, but have long since forgotten about it.  It also explains why the same thing happens with my FO4 files, although I'm not a fanboy of FO4 and don't care to much. It's fun (I guess), but I'm just not into the whole robot thing...   The Jetsons it ain't.  :D

Robots have pretty much always been part of the fallout series, even in 1 they were around.  Though to really do anything with it you need to finish the dlc for them to get all the blueprints from the mechanists lair in her bedroom or office or something like that, and have a load of perks most people will not normally bother with till they are in the 70-80's or higher, or at all, and have an absolute ton of resources.

Most people do not really bother player to that high a level as you can pretty much do the game without too much hassle by about lv40-50ish, depending on game play style of course.

Archived