Hello LL! My current playthrough is a character who does not like killing, and in order to complete quests while remaining true to her character, I usually drop into sneak for a few seconds after killing something/one to simulate kneeling and asking for forgiveness for what was necessary to survive. I was wondering if there is a mod or anything really that will literally just let me activate a kneeling animation to play once and then revert back to idle mode. If someone were to make a simple mod that implements a single spell to activate this animation that would be amazing. Not necessary, of course, but would enhance my gameplay so much. And I think that there is also a sad lack of *good character* focused mods. Not that that's a bad thing, I will never complain about leather and spiked armors and brutal killmoves... it just doesn't fit Gwelda the Pure's set of values. :3

if you use pcea fnis then you can make a set of animations of your favourite animations but you have to name the files appropriately - the one for sneak idle is sneakmtidle.hkx

the alternative is to take something like Cover Self Spell and change the animation from the mod to an animation of your choice, you would then need to rename your hkx file to the same as the one from the mod

if you use pcea fnis then you can make a set of animations of your favourite animations but you have to name the files appropriately - the one for sneak idle is sneakmtidle.hkx

the alternative is to take something like Cover Self Spell and change the animation from the mod to an animation of your choice, you would then need to rename your hkx file to the same as the one from the mod

I'm trying to use the cover self spell method but I have no idea where to find an animation to use, even a vanilla one. But I do like the idea of just having a spell to quickly play the anim and then move on. Thanks so much for your help thusfar. :)

I'm trying to use the cover self spell method but I have no idea where to find an animation to use, even a vanilla one. But I do like the idea of just having a spell to quickly play the anim and then move on. Thanks so much for your help thusfar. :)

Okay so I opened the Skyrim animations bsa and found a kneeling prayer idle and omg it worked! Thankyouthankyouthankyou so much. I have just discovered one ounce of the pride modders must feel from having their visions become reality in this game we all love so much haha. This is perfect. ♥♥♥♥

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, huntressaela said:

Okay so I opened the Skyrim animations bsa and found a kneeling prayer idle and omg it worked! Thankyouthankyouthankyou so much. I have just discovered one ounce of the pride modders must feel from having their visions become reality in this game we all love so much haha. This is perfect. ♥♥♥♥

Could you tell me the exact name of that animation file? I've been trying to do exactly what you're doing, and I found three different animation files with the word "kneel" in them, but none of them seems to do anything ingame. :classic_undecided:

Archived