Dual Family - An Incest Story UPDATE 03/30/18

Gumdrop Games

You say that the son is very hard to like, but in my opinion it's kind of an awkward choice when the player is supposed to be in his shoes. You're expecting people to assume the role of this guy, which is not a very good idea if the guy is a complete asshole.

• 3 weeks later...

Act I - Part II is finished and available now for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dual-family-act-8760455

If you don't mind waiting, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.

screenshot0001_zpsnb5p1ewz.png

screenshot0010_zpsdjalyydi.png

screenshot0009_zpsddg98ev9.png

screenshot0012_zpswsqsmzpu.png

screenshot0007_zpske2e49hw.png

screenshot0006_zpszdnwehcr.png

Depending on the choices you made in the last installment, you may see only a portion of these events or they may play out very, VERY differently. The updated walkthrough details exactly which choices will give you the desired outcome.

General/ Revisions:

• Changed location of the “outside” date from the cafe to the arboretum

The Father:

• Reconciling with your wife
  • Passionate kissing and embracing
  • Visitor at midnight sequence
  • Sun-kissed date at the arboretum
  • Searching the house for your son
  • Snuggling with daughter in front of the TV
  • Putting daughter to bed and kissing

The Son:

• Meeting Karen in the flesh
  • Socializing with multiple girls at the party, including your sister
  • Exploring the apartment’s many areas
  • Preventing a suicide attempt (or choosing not to)
  • Securing illegal substances in exchange for a “service”
  • Blowjob sequence
  • Fight or flight dilemma
  • Moonlit mother sequence
  • Stranger in orbit sequence
  • Choosing Mom/Sis dilemma

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

• 1 month later...

Act I - Part III is finished and available now for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dual-family-act-11169115

The free release of the last installment is out for grabs as well. You can get it here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-release-act-11200424

Again, if you don't mind waiting for a few weeks, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.

f_work_2.6_zpshwsminex.png

f_work_4.5_zpsqn4qzs5e.png

f_work_4.8_zps7maxefqo.png

f_night_1.8_zpsmfp7lzjw.png

h_cloth_1.8_zps4jws8ucp.png

h_cloth_2.4_zpsc5cd3t1o.png

h_mall_0.9_zpsa7atpzeh.png

h_mov_1.2_zpsvpcxfwof.png

h_dinner_2.5_zps9k5jli4y.png

f_kitchen_9.2_zpso2dwwaco.png

f_kitchen_6.7_zpslqf7czmc.png

The Son

• House explore segment (Mom’s panties / Sis’s phone)
  • Mom kitchen segment (Nude fantasy / hugging / groping)
  • Garage workout segment (Bench / Squat intimate spotting)
  • Night explore segment (F/D continuity)
  • Drunk Mom segment
  • In bed with Mom segment

The Father

• Daughter dream segment
  • House search segment
  • Mall food court segment
  • Mall clothes shop/changing segment
  • Mall cinema segment + encounter with a familiar face
  • Family reunites, family dinner segment
  • In bed segment w/ wife or daughter

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

• 1 month later...

Act I - Part IV is finished and available now for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dual-family-act-11810012

The free release of the last installment is out for grabs as well. You can get it here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-release-act-11826599

As always, if you don't mind waiting for a few weeks, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.

i_spy_03_zpsdb0xtwdq.jpg

k_dream_12_zpsxzra6o2x.jpg

i_club_24_zps7wjk0p1j.jpg

i_club_19_zpscqsggqc2.jpg

k_kit_02_zpsojoh0g56.jpg

i_room_05_zps9qnsnsot.jpg

i_spy_17_zpsucmuwi1e.jpg

k_shower_06_zpskqtwzlo1.jpg

k_dinner_19_zpsfbwgxvmv.jpg

k_dream_06_zpsufv5qdcm.jpg

THE SON
  • Mom morning after segment (Dick & Ass)
  • Mom shower spying segment (Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Mom masturbation segment ( Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Cousin drunk segment (Upskirt peek)
  • Escape & dinner segments (Ties in father canon)
  • Mystery visitor at night segment
THE FATHER
  • Daughter dream segment (Bare ass, back, chest)
  • Niece + Daughter kitchen segment (Intro Karen)
  • Optional exposition segment (Room searching)
  • Niece + Daughter bedroom segment (Daughter nudity)
  • Surprise shower visitor segment (Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Dinner & night segments (Story lead)

Enjoy!

THE SON

• Mom morning after segment (Dick & Ass)
  • Mom shower spying segment (Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Mom masturbation segment (Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Cousin drunk segment (Upskirt peek)
  • Escape & dinner segments (Ties in father canon)
  • Mystery visitor at night segment

THE FATHER

• Daughter dream segment (Bare ass, back, chest)
  • Niece + Daughter kitchen segment (Intro Karen)
  • Optional exposition segment (Room searching)
  • Niece + Daughter bedroom segment (Daughter nudity)
  • Surprise shower visitor segment (Full frontal, multiple profiles)
  • Dinner & night segments (Story lead)

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone! It's been a long, LONG time, hasn't it? I apologize for not updating you for more than a while.

However, I have been keeping busy! The most recent installment, Act I - Part VIII, is finished and available now for patrons!

[Act I - Part VIII] Regular Edition!
https://gamejolt.com/games/dualfamily/266449

The free release of the last installment is available on my Game Jolt page if you're interested:
https://gamejolt.com/games/dualfamily/266449

As always, if you don't mind waiting for a few weeks, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.

If you haven't been keeping up the the development, there's quite a lot that you missed! Here's a couple previews from the story parts that you might have missed...

p5.pngp6.pngp7_1.pngp8.png

And now here's some previews of the latest installment, Part VIII! Check them out if you don't mind spoiling yourself.

q_droom_02_1.jpgs_daw_11.jpgq_night_22.jpgq_tv_32.jpgq_kino_06.jpgs_movie_21.jpgs_kit_47.jpgs_final_03.jpg

THE SON

• Night/Master segment
  • Dream Nude A/B segment
  • Kitchen/TV segment
  • Mall/Movie segment
  • Night/Bedroom segment

THE FATHER

• Brief Night Segment
  • Dream Nude segment
  • Roam/Kitchen segment
  • Mall/Movie segment
  • Sunset/TV segment

The two secret items you should look out for:

• A Dial
  • A Lid

Not familiar with secret items or the new UI from last release? Play the tutorial at the start of the game to find out everything you need to know! You can also choose to skip to a story part if you select "No" when prompted to take the tutorial.

If you encounter a crash that reads "l_name or a_name is not defined", you were subject to a faulty patch I made from the previous release and that save file won’t allow you to advance. To fix the crashing now and for future releases, start a new game and skip forward to where you left off using the ctrl key (parts of the game you haven’t seen yet won’t be skippable). If crashing persists or you encounter any other game-breaking bugs, be sure to let me know as soon as possible and I’ll patch it accordingly.

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

Tried a very early version of this and I rather liked it, tho at the time (Understandable btw) the lack of any kind of sex activity other then the bj was kinda a let down but like I said understandable because you gotta build up to it for the most part.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rokabur said:

Think I'll wait the 5 years this will take to finish just so can have access to the walkthrough.

If you're having trouble navigating the story, there's always an updated walkthrough available on my Patreon developer page! However if you're not keen on spending -- which is absolutely understandable -- I'm certain that there are 3rd party sources you can find a walkthrough from. I can't advocate them being perfectly up do date, but I'm sure they'll get the job done for you!

23 hours ago, Mistle said:

Tried a very early version of this and I rather liked it, tho at the time (Understandable btw) the lack of any kind of sex activity other then the bj was kinda a let down but like I said understandable because you gotta build up to it for the most part.

Thank you for that, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm not sure if you've played the recent builds, but there is more sexual content than what I'm assuming is the party that you're referring to. The M/S and F/D relationships are the main focus of the game and thus require more meticulous burning to bring a satisfying climax of events, but they are certainly progressing in a very visual and apparent fashion. Hopefully you'll be able to try out the latest and future releases -- I'd love to hear more of your feedback and suggestions!

• 4 months later...

This is really, really, REALLY well done! I have to say I'm surprised! The one dream sequence (later on in the son's route) was very interesting, and I'm also interested to see whether or not I'll end up liking Ben (especially since I'm trying to get a Bro/Sis ship lol). Nevertheless, I'll be waiting closely for Part IX. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 11:55 PM, Dabatking0429 said:

This is really, really, REALLY well done! I have to say I'm surprised! The one dream sequence (later on in the son's route) was very interesting, and I'm also interested to see whether or not I'll end up liking Ben (especially since I'm trying to get a Bro/Sis ship lol). Nevertheless, I'll be waiting closely for Part IX. 

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, the space dream sequences are a little campy and unusual, but I feel like they're fun set-pieces. Dealing with Ben, Sis, Isaac and all the other girls will be a focus for Part X at the dance -- it's been mostly 1v1 with the main pairings at this point. Part IX has been out for a while for patrons, but it'll be out for free once Part X drops -- soon!

5 hours ago, Gumdrop Games said:

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, the space dream sequences are a little campy and unusual, but I feel like they're fun set-pieces. Dealing with Ben, Sis, Isaac and all the other girls will be a focus for Part X at the dance -- it's been mostly 1v1 with the main pairings at this point. Part IX has been out for a while for patrons, but it'll be out for free once Part X drops -- soon!

As long as I get to smack Isaac again, I'll be happy.

Was pleasantly surprised with this one, renders are good and the story is pretty enjoyable. It ran well, for the most part, although I was able to CTD it a couple times clicking on broken menu items; they weren't important buttons though so I just left them alone. Still, save often, there's not auto-save feature!

The couple CTD's were little more than a minor annoyance. Beyond those the only thing obviously lacking polish is text editing! Spelling and grammar errors aren't quite uncommon, but there'y not frequent enough to become a distraction.

There's very few sex acts so far, just a handful of instances from some tertiary NPC's and one npc sitting right between first-string and second-string.

Currently no relationships can technically leave the platonic stage, but judging by where ch. IX ended, that will change in ch. X. One NPC bends the rules.

The characters all have a unique and differing perspective on the main story that makes sense, and the actions and reactions in the plot makes sense based on their perspectives. All the major characters have redeeming qualities and reasons to like them save 1.

Would definitely recommend checking this one out.

• 5 weeks later...

I played through this a bit, completing both the father scenario and the son scenario up as it currently stands. The storyline is pretty good. I have to say I think Karen is my favorite character so far... not just because she's erm... a bit on the outgoing side, but because she's shown so much complexity. The daughter/sister is fairly reserved and I do like her, but it's harder to tell what's going on in her head because she's a bit quiet. Not a bad thing, just as I said, it's easier to see what's going on with the niece/cousin.

Building relationships with the father seems a lot easier too... depending on who I focus on, it seems I can nearly max out the platonic relationship of at least the daughter and niece... I haven't focused on the wife yet, that will come soon. The son though... at the end of the last scenario I've only got 2 relationship points with the mother, three with the sister, and like one or two with the cousin.  There are very few "increase relationship" rewards... and a few that the walkthrough said granted relationship increases... didn't. As an early example, comforting the mother in the prologue sequence didn't grant a relationship increase. I seem to recall the dream sequence in chapter 1 didn't affect the relationship meters either, but I could be misremembering since I went back and went to the party bringing along the sister instead so she could witness me whacking the douchebag with a bat. ? 

***Edit:  Actually I see what happened now... getting caught returning from the party lowers the relationship with the mother by one point so you lose the point from comforting her in the prologue. Still, the point about very few relationship increases for the son's relationships still stands beyond 2-3 total... unless it's just that other interactions are lowering it back down. It looks like getting caught peeking in ch. 1 lowers it... and getting caught returning from the party. Poor son just has no luck.***

There don't seem to be many chances for the brother and sister to interact yet... I hope they get more chances. I know it's focused more on the father/daughter and mother/son relationships, but seeing a little more of the others will be a nice change of pace. Keep up the good work, I'm hoping the son's scenario and progression gets a little smoothing out, even if he can be a jerk sometimes. ?  

***Edit #2*** Ok so I've played through a couple more times. I take back what I said about the son's lack of progress with the mother, it seems if you don't peek, or "misbehave", you don't tend to lose relationship points so I was able to get approximately equal relationship gains as the son with the mother as the father can get with the daughter. Not many opportunities with the sister though... even some missed opportunities I'd say, like if instead of peeking at your mom, you go into the room to talk to the sister, you can talk withe her for a while... and then when you get to the beach, you can choose to go with her and have another good talk. But no increase to the relationship... only way is to peek at the mom and confess it. Seems a bit... limiting. So if you ever go back and do revisions, that might be worth looking at.

Another odd bit is sometimes the script seems to reference events that didn't happen in that playthrough. An early example is if you ignore Karen's text in the early game and stay home and have the dream. Before that I was comforting and polite with the mother. I knocked and didn't sneak in and peek, and so forth. Since I stayed home I definitely didn't go to the party and get caught coming home. Yet when I saw the mother the next morning, the son approached her as if she were possibly angry with him and questioned her about it and she reacted as if she had been angry but they settled it. Kind of an odd exchange, perhaps merging the paths a bit too soon. But not a deal breaker, just something you might want to look at at a future time when you're going back and revising/streamlining things.

All in all I like the game so far and I hope to see the next part soon.

• 2 months later...

Archived