Skyrim Loads without mods

Okay so I'm in a serious pickle RN. Last night after making a new character with all my mods installed I decided to downlaod some piercing mods to go with her. After Downloading 5 mods I liked I installed them through nmm and started my game up. Only, there was a slight problem, I loaded in but my character was bald and instead of being in ayleid citadel, was in a tavern. I still had Skyui running but no mods where in my mod menu. I also still had my body texture and tattoos which was worth noting. I have been modding Skyrim for about 2 years and I know what I'm doing for the most part. I have 248 plugins running so I know I didn't hit the cap and I also ran loot and fnis just to make sure, but to no avail. I can put my mod list if it would be helpful. I also checked the launcher and it said all the esps were active so they weren't being turned off. Thanks for any help

Okay so I'm in a serious pickle RN. Last night after making a new character with all my mods installed I decided to downlaod some piercing mods to go with her. After Downloading 5 mods I liked I installed them through nmm and started my game up. Only, there was a slight problem, I loaded in but my character was bald and instead of being in ayleid citadel, was in a tavern. I still had Skyui running but no mods where in my mod menu. I also still had my body texture and tattoos which was worth noting. I have been modding Skyrim for about 2 years and I know what I'm doing for the most part. I have 248 plugins running so I know I didn't hit the cap and I also ran loot and fnis just to make sure, but to no avail. I can put my mod list if it would be helpful. I also checked the launcher and it said all the esps were active so they weren't being turned off. Thanks for any help

If you have too many .esp files in your data folder Skyrim refuses to load any mods for whatever reason. It doesn't matter if they're activated or not.

If you have too many .esp files in your data folder Skyrim refuses to load any mods for whatever reason. It doesn't matter if they're activated or not.

If that's the case then I think it may definitely be the reason because I have a shit ton of excess esps I'm not using, guess I'll just have to delete some random ones, and yes, it does persist across saves. I have alternate start but whenever I start a new game it does the default intro.

I managed to get my Skyrim working with all my mods but whenever I use my ENB it crashes, it's a pain but something I'm much more familiar with and confident I can fix, your suggestion about plugins was right, I had 520 total plugins so I deleted about 50 of the inactive ones and now it works, thank you soo much!

If you're using MO you may be running into one of the same quirks I have noticed.  I use MO 2.0.8 and for some reason Skyrim SE always loads without mods the first time I run the game after booting up.  If I exit the game and then run it again, then it uses my mods.  No idea why it does that.  I have a mod that replaces the main menu and music for the opening screen so it's obvious even without loading a save.

Archived