ENB Issues

erc1971

I tried using the latest version of the Realvision ENB ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/? )

I grabbed the proper version of the ENB dll and tossed it into Skyrim's root directory, then followed the directions for the ENB.

While the save game is loading, I get in red at the top of the screen "Error! ENBHOST.EXE process failed, try to run the game as administrator or add to antivirus exclusion list."

Then, one the game loads it tells me that "bfloatpointtargetrender=1" in the skyrimprefs.ini is not set to 1.  

As this point the ENB is not active and the lower half of the screen is greyed out.

If I change bfloatpointtargetrender to 1, the grey on the lower half of the screen goes away, but the ENB is still not active, and the water is not visible from above (still looks like water once you submerge however).

I tried running the SKSE launcher as administrator and I have added the entire skyrim directory to my Avast exceptions list, but neither does nothing to solve the problem and I still get the error message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Pretty sure that is hella out of date A and B does not contain enbhelper; you need enb .308 for several, of several, reasons; especially if you're on windows 10.

Also, if you're running any HDT stuff + realvision, you distinctly need the heap manager for HDT,

Also also, you should be trying this without Avast installed at all, cause what you tell avast to do and what avast actually does are often different things. (just do it offline before reinstalling avast)

Also also also if 

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=1
PriorityMode=1
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

are not in your enb local they should be

Also also also also if

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

is not what you have, it's likely what you should have

also all the enb stuff should be in your root skyrim folder if it's not, also enbhelper should be in your enbseries folder

So, download and install Realvision ENB as instructed.

Then,

Get the most current ENB from the developers page and add that.

Lastly add this to ENBLOCAL...

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=1
PriorityMode=1
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

That is it?

Thanks,
Eric

Potentially.

Personally I would be first trying the new .308 and if that fails I would go offline and uninstall avast before doing anything else.

Also remember anything in your x86 folder has to have admin privileges to run at all, that includes enbhost.exe

Remember to get enbhelper if RV doesn't have it.

Potentially.

Personally I would be first trying the new .308 and if that fails I would go offline and uninstall avast before doing anything else.

Also remember anything in your x86 folder has to have admin privileges to run at all, that includes enbhost.exe

Remember to get enbhelper if RV doesn't have it.

ENBhelper is from my experience a must have unless the enb preset author tells you to not use it. Which is very rare and the only enb preset description page telling you to delete the enb helper file is Grim and Somber enb.

Archived