[2018 April 17 - Horse Riding Animations + Fix][Skyrim SE] Tera Elin Race

5 hours ago, 10Revans said:

I can't fix the T-pose problem, I ran FNIS and nothing happen, still in T-pose :( it seems to affect all the races

The Elin animations do not work with the latest SSE fnis.  You can try the following:

1. Uninstall the Elin animations
  2. Run generate fnis for users
  3. If this fixed the t-pose problem, reinstall the Elin animations then reinstall the Elin animations fnis files (these files install and overwrite certain text files from the fnis folder so do not install in your Data folder, only where you have fnis installed)
  4. Run generate fnis for users again and check if there are any t-pose problems

If there is, whether it's the Elins, non-Elin races, or everyone, then it's safe to say the Elin animations still do not work with the latest fnis.  Uninstall the Elin animations and run generate fnis for users to fix the t-pose.

So I have an odd error that I could use some advice on. I downloaded all the existing downloads for the Elin race and did the cbbe bodyslide. well I made the character and when I went in game her chest is just a blank mesh. its not a huge deal since shell be in armor but still. any fix for this? thanks

7 minutes ago, katocha04 said:

So I have an odd error that I could use some advice on. I downloaded all the existing downloads for the Elin race and did the cbbe bodyslide. well I made the character and when I went in game her chest is just a blank mesh. its not a huge deal since shell be in armor but still. any fix for this? thanks

apparently I'm just retarded... when in cbbe I did cbbe Physics but it just loaded her in undies anyways, so I guess no issue really. Thank you anyways!

9 hours ago, katocha04 said:

9 hours ago, katocha04 said:

apparently I'm just retarded... when in cbbe I did cbbe Physics but it just loaded her in undies anyways, so I guess no issue really. Thank you anyways!

When you install the CBBE/UNP Tera Elin Body replacer files the body meshes will be installed in a new folder located, MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP Body Fix.

Bodyslide, by default, will install the meshes in the default Skyrim location, MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS.  If you hold the CTRL key while building the meshes then bodyslide will save the meshes in the bodyslide folder.

In either case, you will need to move the bodyslide created meshes to the Elin body replacer folder I mentioned above.

Also, the Elin body replacer mod will install a plugin, for CBBE it's, "ElinRace - use Monli custom BBP body.esp", which makes all Elins use the new body.  You will need to make sure this plugin is loaded after all other Elin mods and is activated.  If the plugin is not activated then the default, non-CBBE, non-UNP Elin body will be used.

7 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

When you install the CBBE/UNP Tera Elin Body replacer files the body meshes will be installed in a new folder located, MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP Body Fix.

Bodyslide, by default, will install the meshes in the default Skyrim location, MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS.  If you hold the CTRL key while building the meshes then bodyslide will save the meshes in the bodyslide folder.

In either case, you will need to move the bodyslide created meshes to the Elin body replacer folder I mentioned above.

Also, the Elin body replacer mod will install a plugin, for CBBE it's, "ElinRace - use Monli custom BBP body.esp", which makes all Elins use the new body.  You will need to make sure this plugin is loaded after all other Elin mods and is activated.  If the plugin is not activated then the default, non-CBBE, non-UNP Elin body will be used.

THANK YOU! got it all working!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have installed your mod withthe intention of just using the elin companion, i have no interest to play as one myself, however, when i install the mod, the first person view of my character (non elin race) becomes very short, is there any way to fix it, maybe by deleting some file? i won't care if it will make my elin race 1st person view taller since as i mentioned i just want the companions.

7 hours ago, VenusBlue said:

Hello, i have installed your mod withthe intention of just using the elin companion, i have no interest to play as one myself, however, when i install the mod, the first person view of my character (non elin race) becomes very short, is there any way to fix it, maybe by deleting some file? i won't care if it will make my elin race 1st person view taller since as i mentioned i just want the companions.

Check your load order for the following plugin, 'ElinRace 1stPerson Camera Fix.esp' and delete it.

2 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Check your load order for the following plugin, 'ElinRace 1stPerson Camera Fix.esp' and delete it.

Thanks a lot! my first person camera is now back to it's original state, one last question, where do i find the elin companions, after installing the mod? i looked through your post multiple times but i could not find a mention for their locations

7 hours ago, VenusBlue said:

Thanks a lot! my first person camera is now back to it's original state, one last question, where do i find the elin companions, after installing the mod? i looked through your post multiple times but i could not find a mention for their locations

Mi Ya and Yi Ka are located in the Drunken Huntsman, Whiterun.

The mages are in the Arcanaeum, College of Winterhold.

6 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Mi Ya and Yi Ka are located in the Drunken Huntsman, Whiterun.

The mages are in the Arcanaeum, College of Winterhold.

Thank you, i love having them roam around in my home, the only issue with it that i can see now is when they go to sleep in the bed or doing various actions in the house, their body get transformed into normal size which is rather creepy because the head gets so huge, i wonder if it's a possible thing to fix since their size is fine during the sitting animation, it's not a major issue anyway so thanks again for this cool mod.

3 hours ago, VenusBlue said:

Thank you, i love having them roam around in my home, the only issue with it that i can see now is when they go to sleep in the bed or doing various actions in the house, their body get transformed into normal size which is rather creepy because the head gets so huge, i wonder if it's a possible thing to fix since their size is fine during the sitting animation, it's not a major issue anyway so thanks again for this cool mod.

You can use the Size Does Matter mod which removes the furniture marker that makes NPCs rescale when interacting with the furniture (beds, forge, blacksmith benches, etc.).  However, this is meant for NPCs that are slightly smaller or larger than the default 1.0x scaling.  What this means is that any race that is the same size as children or smaller will severely clip into the furnitures.

This is why I have not added it to the list of recommended mods for the Elin race.  The choice is yours.     

16 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

You can use the Size Does Matter mod which removes the furniture marker that makes NPCs rescale when interacting with the furniture (beds, forge, blacksmith benches, etc.).  However, this is meant for NPCs that are slightly smaller or larger than the default 1.0x scaling.  What this means is that any race that is the same size as children or smaller will severely clip into the furnitures.

This is why I have not added it to the list of recommended mods for the Elin race.  The choice is yours.     

oh i definitely prefer it if they just had awkward animations instead of turning huge, thanks for the fix

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm trying to port this mod to the Switch, I really don't know anything about creating mods and using them on Switch involves some work, you need to convert the textures, but I think it could also need some tweaks, maybe is impossible, but I want to try.
I found some instructions to try it on this discord https://discord.gg/jtUJMr but my game crashes when I attempt to load a save or create a new game.

Any advice or help will be really appreciated, thanks in advance.
Here are the instructions on the above discord:

doodlez ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ07/04/2018

Use B.A.E. to extract BSA archives included with mods https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974(edited)

Akkrand07/04/2018

Here is a link to the windows batch scripts I've written to do texture conversion of mods for Skyrim NX: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zIMfoXr82TdDFAWAjDgSBuE8Cg1FS5r5 Note that the linked folder contains 3 external tools that I did not develop myself, but I've included them so people don't have problems downloading the wrong ones or installing them into different paths than I used. The external tools are: - textconv https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases - Switch 'XTX' Texture Extractor https://github.com/aboood40091/XTX-Extractor - nVidia Texture Tools https://github.com/castano/nvidia-texture-tools/releases It is also necessary that you have Python 3.x installed. - Python 3.x https://www.python.org/downloads/ The script will attempt to find the path to your python.exe automatically. If it fails, you will get an error and may need to modify the DRAG_ONTO_ME.BAT file to compensate. If you drag a folder onto the file DRAG_ONTO_ME.BAT, it should start the process. - It will pause at the beginning, displaying "Akkrand's NX Texture Conversion Scripts" and the version of the script. - It makes copy of the folder you dragged on, with _Converted added to it. So, if you were converting "C:\Mods\CBBE", it would create a folder called "C:\Mods\CBBE_Converted" - It makes a log file named after the folder, so continuing our example of CBBE, it would make a file "C:\Mods\CBBE_Log.TXT" The converted mod will need to be packed back into a BSA and loaded in your Skyrim.ini The current version is v2.1.4(edited)

July 5, 2018

doodlez ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ07/05/2018

Use Archive to pack mods into BSAs. Prepare your files in a Data folder like how they would work if they were loose (unpacked). Should be something like: Data>Meshes Textures Then drag and drop the files into Archive and save.(edited)
Attachment file type: unknown
267.50 KB

laurabbit07/05/2018

[HOW TO MOD TESV: Skyrim] 0. Set up LayeredFS for your Nintendo Switch 1. Placing Files - Download the attached file "01000A10041EA000.zip" and extract contents - Place "01000A10041EA000" in SD:/atmosphere/titles/ - Place all mod files inside of SD:/atmosphere/titles/01000A10041EA000/romfs/Data/ 2. Plugging in Mods - Open Skyrim.ini - sTestFileX= is where you type in the names of the .esm/.esp mod files (you may ONLY have 10 .esm/.esp files loaded) - sResourceArchiveList= is where you type in the names of the .bsa mod files (separated by a comma and a space) 3. Booting Skyrim - Boot your Switch into LayeredFS and launch Skyrim - Start a new game/load an existing save file - If you are prompted with a message informing you that achievements have been disabled because mods are active then you're good to go!(edited)

July 16, 2018

Du'lslingr07/16/2018

Modification to the above tutorial. In order to load Texture Archives you must add them to the language ini of your choice in order for them to get loaded since they override the default Skyrim.ini. Keep in mind the selected language ini must be the language your game is. US is English so select that. For Example English and my Infinity Blade mod

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Voices_en1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, InfinityBlade - Textures.bsa
(edited)
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Icarus- said:

Yo,OP?

Doesn`t this version have a skin tatoo version? you know, those white marks on legs and arms?

Why? I always used it on Oldskyrim

The Diablo tattoo option is from the Elin CBBE/UNP body texture packs.  I'll have a look, I'm sure I didn't make them SSE-compatible yet.

4 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

The Diablo tattoo option is from the Elin CBBE/UNP body texture packs.  I'll have a look, I'm sure I didn't make them SSE-compatible yet.

okay, once its in you tag me.

also, do you have recommendation for any vanilla armor/outfit replacers that have physics supported? all i found was one that kept the vanilla but im looking for something more skimpy/different but Keo's doesnt seem to be fully in yet (neither probably will have physics) and CT777's not in yet either.

Also, is there no mod to make the 3rd person camera be where she is like how we had one in oldrim which we used so?

On 11/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, Icarus- said:

@PsychoMachina Yo, can you please help with the matter? no matter what i do the wrists are still split from the arms and some models like mine doesnt 100% match the skintone of the head and its really unsettling.

Are you using the Elin bodyslide presets?

Did you also create new hands with bodyslide using the Elin preset? 

As for the mismatch skintone, try the No More Ugly Bronze Shine mod and/or the Unmasked Faces mod, both at Nexus.  Some mismatch skintones are caused by the texture files those mods replace.

Just remember to copy/paste the texture file replacers to the Elin texture folder and overwrite the original files.

3 minutes ago, PsychoMachina said:

Are you using the Elin bodyslide presets?

Did you also create new hands with bodyslide using the Elin preset? 

Bodyside presets?

well what i did was open bodyslide, choose elin curvy preset which matches the one i installed, then choose Batch Build for CBBE Body, CBBE Feet, CBBE Hands or something like that.

also all Elin NPCs don`t match their bodies, their head skins are way too white compared.

1 hour ago, PsychoMachina said:

Check that the outfits they are wearing is not causing the wrist gaps and, maybe, the body textures.

Are you using bodyslide to create new outfits using the Elin presets?

Yes, Elin Curvy is one of the Elin (CBBE) presets.

I'm not creating outfits..i think, well i just installed a vanilla outfit replacer, but before that even the vanilla vanilla skyrim outfits were making the wrist gaps and the mismatch texture.

http://prntscr.com/lg2t3g

There is how it looks.

Am i missing something maybe to do? like in Bodyslide? maybe you could teach me what to do in it to ensure i didn't screw up something?

This is like a very..new modlist, there shouldn't be conflicts.

Where should the npc esps and etc be in the load order?

Mine is around here http://prntscr.com/lg2uu3