CM partner nightelves (updated for Xenius' compilation pack)

View File

Hey guys. I found some mods made by Abriael that haven't been updated in a while. At the moment if you try to use it in your current Oblivion installation, it will simply crash because it still works with the old nightelves mod made by Xenius. I thought this was a shame and since Abriael didn't seem to plan on updating any time soon, i took it on myself to update it to the current version (aka compilation pack).

Since i could not find the Original hairs that came with the Original mod. I had to assign them myself from the compilation pack. So they might look a little bit different from what they used to look like. (you can change this yourself if you really don't like it with the construction kit). Faces and other stuff should still be the same as the Original. The only things i updated was the race usage and the hairstyle.

Therefore i give all credits to Abriael since i simply fixed what could be fixed. So feel free to go to the Original file and give credit to him/her. (but don't download the mod unless you still have the old version, but then this mod shouldn't be of any use to you anyway).

Note: there is still the strange "fake smile" bug where the npc's show their teeth. This bug was also apparent in the Original mod so it will still be here to. This is simply something i can't do anything about.

If Abriael ever plans on updating the mod by him/herself, i would gladly remove this mod.

Also i'm planning on doing the moonelves too so look forward to the release of the moonelves too.

Anyway have fun! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Corean Race Mod had the "open mouth" feature and idkrrr posted a "closed mouth" version, perhaps that would help?

Thanks for telling me this. I'm sorry i simply know to little about the construction kit to fix it with that file sadly. I know how to work with the creation kit from skyrim a bit but the construction kit for oblivion is still largely unknown to me. The reason why i managed to do it this far is because it resembles CK a bit. feel free to use my fix if you ever plan to upload it yourself though. (it's not that i made anything "new" anyway, just switched some paths and hairstyles around. that's it)

The Corean Race Mod had the "open mouth" feature and idkrrr posted a "closed mouth" version, perhaps that would help?

Thanks for telling me this. I'm sorry i simply know to little about the construction kit to fix it with that file sadly. I know how to work with the creation kit from skyrim a bit but the construction kit for oblivion is still largely unknown to me. The reason why i managed to do it this far is because it resembles CK a bit. feel free to use my fix if you ever plan to upload it yourself though. (it's not that i made anything "new" anyway, just switched some paths and hairstyles around. that's it)

Just download the closed mouth version and allow it to overwrite (construction kit not necessary).

Just download the closed mouth version and allow it to overwrite (construction kit not necessary).

As long as it isn't an .esp it should be fine i guess, else all the changes i made in my .esp was for nothing.

edit: i gave it a look and sadly it does come with a .esp BUT i might be able to use it's .egm files (and the other two that isn't the .nif file). Maybe it'll work with only these?

As long as it isn't an .esp it should be fine i guess, else all the changes i made in my .esp was for nothing.

edit: i gave it a look and sadly it does come with a .esp BUT i might be able to use it's .egm files (and the other two that isn't the .nif file). Maybe it'll work with only these?

I've used it with no problems.

I've used it with no problems.

ok, i'll keep that in my mind (if ever get to the point i was when i made this "thing" :P. six months is a long time you know).

• 9 months later...

I'm unclear on what this re-mod is meant to fix (same goes for your [url=https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4718-cm-moonelves-repackaged/]CM moonelves REPACKAGED 1.0.0[/url]).  I've had both Moon Elves and Abriael's Xenius compilation, direct from Nexus, installed and running for months.  Like, this very day I have one of the Moon Elves and one of the Abriael Xenius companions following me at the same time, with no clashes between them and no CTDs caused by them (I do get some CTDs in this game because Oblivion is notoriously unstable, but that's regardless whether any companions are around, and it doesn't happen more with ones from those two mods around).

Did you fix something that was later integrated into the versions downloadable from Nexus?

PS: I'm glad to have seen the thread above about the "crazy grin" issue, and will see if just adding a file from the Corean mod will somehow fix it, since it drives me nuts.  I was contemplating writing a Disposition management mod to force selected NPCs to max out at particular Dispo levels, specifically to prevent them having the creepy "Joker smile", but if just replacing a mesh will resolve it I'll be very happy.  I wasn't aware these particular companions were using Corean resources.