Black face, low memory?

lach1feragh

Last time I played on Oldrim, I didn't have the issue (just FPS stuttering), then moved towards SSE and started modding that. After two months, I decided to return to Oldrim while I wait for SKSESE and when I loaded my old save, my character had the black face bug. Other NPCs are fine.

I read that the cause of this tend to be low memory, so after several efforts, I managed to fix it (I don't know if I really did, I just got the ENBoost V308 and checked that my video memory was now 5792 over the previous 4032).

This worked for two days or so, but when I played loaded my game again today, the black face bug returned. What could be causing this? I'm guessing this is a memory problem right?

Here's my PC specs if it might help : Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz RAM 8.00 GB 64 bit OS Graphics Card is Nvidia 780

Maybe:

-Install a 1024k or 2048k texture pack and see if it's any better ?

-Try using ENB memory boost if not already ?

I've already got ENboost, so that's not the issue. 

About the texture pack, I haven't tried it but I don't think that's the cause. Thing is, I fixed this issue once, then it came up again. Only mod I added during this time was Tentapalooza - Bathing in Skyrim patch and a Immersive armor UNP CBBE refit.

I use Skyrim INI manager to solve memory problems and it works great.As for the black face problem i only got that when i installed mods and the mode i got the black face with was further up my load order.i would go into the load order and move it down.Don't know if i'm making any sense to you but i hope it may help.If it's black face on player i just saved and reloaded it seemed to work.

I use Skyrim INI manager to solve memory problems and it works great.As for the black face problem i only got that when i installed mods and the mode i got the black face with was further up my load order.i would go into the load order and move it down.Don't know if i'm making any sense to you but i hope it may help.If it's black face on player i just saved and reloaded it seemed to work.

Hmmm that does make sense. I recall Tulius once had a black face issue and it was because of a load order problem, so I just moved it down and it solved it. Can you guys help me check my load order?

http://pastebin.com/eRmWin3P

Your load order is like mine to big to find a direct problem so you may try something like LOOT to see if that sorts it out or put 216 just above 225 so they are together.Things like that works for me.i installed maids 2 compatibility patch not that long ago and textures went crazy.so i removed it and things went back to normal.Mods can be strange things at times.I don't use Alt Start i found it buggy i now use skyrim unbound i can configure all my mods before i make a new game then save it and use that save as a template to any new game so i dont have to keep configuring all my MCM mods.

here is a link if your interested http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71465/?

Archived