Fairy Tale Adventure

Masqueradea

PIK2HdU.jpg

Allow me to introduce you to the Fairy Tale Adventure. The game takes place in the world of Asteria. A kingdom in the east that is ruled by an evil queen. Underneath the tight grasp of the queen's control, groups, outlaws and all manner of alliances are formed with the aim to rule the kingdom in their own way. You play a character of your own creation taking the reigns of a small group, eventually leading it to it's own large army. 

What you do with this army is all yours.

The choice is yours.

[PLOT]

After months of planning, a small rebel group put their plan into action, travelling to the legendary dark castle with the hopes of kidnapping Snow White. The plot goes horribly wrong when they are halted by Grimhilde's soldiers who mercilessly murder a large number of rebel soldiers including Snow White. This action puts the kingdom into a state of despair. In response, the kingdoms of Arendelle and Agrahbah decide to come together with the hopes of taking Grimhilde to her doom.

For many months, all seems lost and destruction appears to be a heavy certainty until at last... you awake from your eternal slumber and begin your fairy tale adventure.

[ENGINE] 

38kYsOQ.jpg

The game is made using the Ren'py engine and plays as a mix between an RPG and a visual novel in certain parts of the game. 

[GAMEPLAY]

As stated above, the player will often be faced with a series of tasks and options to take in order to progress to the next stage. As I continue developing the project I plan to add more decisive situations and dialogues that will require the player to take action based on morality. 

[Features - Currently]

- Map travel system

- Immersive locations

- Historical fairy tale characters

- Grimm Comic characters

- Ability to hire soldiers

- Ability to keep your own slave

- Work together to start a brothel

- Many more

4ZZ65rc.jpg

Latest version - 2.5

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

opinions in the spoiler

Standard disclaimer...

I'm just one guy, not everyone will agree with me and don't freak out when I comment negatively to things.

Overall this is an AMAZING start. Here are my comments.

• Start screen needs labels, didn't know what location meant load, and what meant start a new game.
  • Art style... The detail is really good!!! but also uses a gimmick that I detest. Every women has big breasts... I get it, you want everyone stacked since popular culture says big breasts are better than small, but I think it cheapens your art. There are plenty of characters where you can have a variety of body shapes, and the variety will draw in more attention. If everyone is stacked then big breasts have less of a meaning, like the concept there is no light without dark. Sorry about the soap box but it's my opinion on your art style. I still love the art!
  • Liesel Art bothers me too. She is a fighter... wearing no armor. Not only no armor but wearing no pants. I get you want her sexy but it just looks trashy. You can give her boob plate where she is sexy with some revealing spots but also armored. 
  • Magical traps that prevents men from entering a cave? A really weak excuses to forcing Liesel into your employ.
  • Overall the main plot is GOOD! It makes sense, (which is surprisingly rare) and is compelling.
  • Didn't make the game tooo grindy to get up the start up capital to get the game going, good job not wasting out time.
  • Seems like I got a bug, sleeping didn't turn it to the next day and it stayed night, stuck forever. This is before you do the puzzle part.
  • Having to type the answers is really ANNOYING. Why not use a list? Now, i forgot the name and I am STUCK since it will not let me escape until I answer the question.
  • Actually I have been stumped by one of the questions... like taking me 15 minutes. The answer annoys me. "combing", "combing her hair" didn't work. If you really want in type inputted, change it to instead of matching this exact phrase to including, so "combing her hair" would work.
  • LOL i really like the Liesel being a prude but that doesn't match her outfit. Seriously she should be wearing armor...
  • The player has a "mighty dick", I get it. It's such a trope like the big boobs though. At least it's only one dick instead of all of them, guess I'm ok with it.
  • Queen not a fool. +1 bonus points
  • OMG Liesel in armor... THANK YOU but she should have been like this from the start.
  • Player is forced to be a coward? shouldn't we have the option to choose our response?
  • Looks like I made it to the end of the demo needing to travel via ship which is locked.

I like that you don't have TOOO much sex to early on. It is a slow build. I only had a few scenes, the amazon BJ + sex, and Liesel tits + jerk off on her, then the madam BJ. Art for those scenes are good.

Only two things  I highly really recommend is

1. Changing that art on Liesel. I think she should have non slutty normal clothes and smaller boobs fitting a fighting figure. That matches her personality being more prudish.
  2. Change the puzzle somehow. A list, or make other answers work that fill the answer. As is, it's SUPER annoying.

This is one of the most polished games for it's initial release. This is really impressive. 

opinions in the spoiler

Standard disclaimer...

I'm just one guy, not everyone will agree with me and don't freak out when I comment negatively to things.

Overall this is an AMAZING start. Here are my comments.

• Start screen needs labels, didn't know what location meant load, and what meant start a new game.
  • Art style... The detail is really good!!! but also uses a gimmick that I detest. Every women has big breasts... I get it, you want everyone stacked since popular culture says big breasts are better than small, but I think it cheapens your art. There are plenty of characters where you can have a variety of body shapes, and the variety will draw in more attention. If everyone is stacked then big breasts have less of a meaning, like the concept there is no light without dark. Sorry about the soap box but it's my opinion on your art style. I still love the art!
  • Liesel Art bothers me too. She is a fighter... wearing no armor. Not only no armor but wearing no pants. I get you want her sexy but it just looks trashy. You can give her boob plate where she is sexy with some revealing spots but also armored. 
  • Magical traps that prevents men from entering a cave? A really weak excuses to forcing Liesel into your employ.
  • Overall the main plot is GOOD! It makes sense, (which is surprisingly rare) and is compelling.
  • Didn't make the game tooo grindy to get up the start up capital to get the game going, good job not wasting out time.
  • Seems like I got a bug, sleeping didn't turn it to the next day and it stayed night, stuck forever. This is before you do the puzzle part.
  • Having to type the answers is really ANNOYING. Why not use a list? Now, i forgot the name and I am STUCK since it will not let me escape until I answer the question.
  • Actually I have been stumped by one of the questions... like taking me 15 minutes. The answer annoys me. "combing", "combing her hair" didn't work. If you really want in type inputted, change it to instead of matching this exact phrase to including, so "combing her hair" would work.
  • LOL i really like the Liesel being a prude but that doesn't match her outfit. Seriously she should be wearing armor...
  • The player has a "mighty dick", I get it. It's such a trope like the big boobs though. At least it's only one dick instead of all of them, guess I'm ok with it.
  • Queen not a fool. +1 bonus points
  • OMG Liesel in armor... THANK YOU but she should have been like this from the start.
  • Player is forced to be a coward? shouldn't we have the option to choose our response?
  • Looks like I made it to the end of the demo needing to travel via ship which is locked.

I like that you don't have TOOO much sex to early on. It is a slow build. I only had a few scenes, the amazon BJ + sex, and Liesel tits + jerk off on her, then the madam BJ. Art for those scenes are good.

Only two things  I highly really recommend is

1. Changing that art on Liesel. I think she should have non slutty normal clothes and smaller boobs fitting a fighting figure. That matches her personality being more prudish.
  2. Change the puzzle somehow. A list, or make other answers work that fill the answer. As is, it's SUPER annoying.

This is one of the most polished games for it's initial release. This is really impressive. 

That was a great review, quite simply what I needed.

I sort of agree with you on the armour aspect I suppose, I'll look into it.

As for the breast size thing, that's actually the only place I can defend myself in. You see, in my lore, Asteria(The land you start in) has a main notice about it's women; the fact that every woman born there will grow to have large breasts. Literally every woman. It's a way for people to tell who belongs there and who doesn't. All the other lands will have a variety though.

That was a great review, quite simply what I needed.

I sort of agree with you on the armour aspect I suppose, I'll look into it.

As for the breast size thing, that's actually the only place I can defend myself in. You see, in my lore, Asteria(The land you start in) has a main notice about it's women; the fact that every woman born there will grow to have large breasts. Literally every woman. It's a way for people to tell who belongs there and who doesn't. All the other lands will have a variety though.

Don't change your vision on my account. I'm just one dude with one opinion. I'm just a vocal one who tries to be kind, yet more importantly honest.

Sorry for my bad inglish, is not my lenguaje. 

the demo was very good, I see a lot of potential in your game  u can put a lot of content like change(buy) clothes, more(a lot)girls and if you want more gestion like mange the brothel(like spend more money to expandit or more rooms etc) but im not the creator, keep it up and i hope see more or a lot of content and of course H CGs.

I've never put money in this kind of games (patreon) but you deserve it. I love the art but i love more the game style system. 

congrats. and again sorry for my bad inglish...

I hate puzzles. The strict answers are annoying too. To put it bluntly there is simply no fun in these sections for me. It exist purely to prevent us moving ahead.

I might be alone in this sentiment but I suspect I'm not. Here are some answers to those who dislike this type of "questing".

Who Kidnapped Boy

soldier

Rapunzel is good at

combing

Riddle Answer

tomorrow

Some general feedback

• Story is pretty well grounded.
  • Player character has very little and almost inconsistent personality with the occasional bit of dialogue he does get.
  • Main menu is neat but needs some kind of highlight or labels.
  • You will be stuck if you didn't read the dialogue properly or are forgetful and need to input the correct text. Having a fail safe such as b to exit conversation would be nice.
  • Scenes aren't bad but other than the nice art there isn't really anything special yet either. Hopefully it is a little more interesting later unless of course you're aiming for the more vanilla flavour.
  • It is nice not needing to grind for an hour just for money with the generous winnings from easy match game. It makes me wonder why not just go that extra little step and give you maybe 800 starting cash so you hit that 1000 sooner. Not really a big issue but just a thought.
  • Gameplay is nothing really exciting but it is still great to see English H games in the works. This looks like it has some degree of quality too, both in art and language.

Looking forward to future updates.

did enjoy it so far

saw some bugs and minor errors

for some reason when i purchased the whip i was sent back to the man menu :( well so much for thinking getting all the goods than saving the game dunno what happened but definitely is a painfull bug(second time it didn't happen) 

another error i saw when buying the cuffs you get the message"you buy the crate of weapons

looking forward to next and will keep playing and if i find more bugs or other errors will tell

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, ive tried it and i seem to have been stuck, cant find anyone to be bodyguard in one of the very early missions. I actually played the previous version which was a totally different game and have to say i liked it better. It seemed to have some kind of good karma - bad karma system, where i spammed the negative choices as i hoped that would get me closer to Grimhilde, however the game ended before that =(.

So before going insane about that bodyguard, i'd like to know if theres any Grimhilde scenes in the current build, or i'll just have to wait for the 1.5 one ?

EDIT: Ok nvm i think i reached the end, well scrap everything i said, i like where this is going

Hello,

(bad english -> from Germany)

So i played the game a bit and now and now im in the mission where i have to go into the mines the first time, but before that i have to answer a few questions from liesel.

--- so i dont remember the answers, if someone could just rep. on this text with the right answers it would be really nice and i could play along.

Thanks.

Hello,

(bad english -> from Germany)

So i played the game a bit and now and now im in the mission where i have to go into the mines the first time, but before that i have to answer a few questions from liesel.

--- so i dont remember the answers, if someone could just rep. on this text with the right answers it would be really nice and i could play along.

Thanks.

4 posts above yours

• 5 weeks later...

• I'm upset about the oral scene with Aladdin, that is if you take the sword and not the gold. It makes no sense. I was expecting a choice, but you are forced to do it! Ok if there was a reasonable explanation why you HAVE to... but you don't. I saved your life, so suck my dick. Most people will say fuck off, especially straight men! Seriously I think this is a major blunder personally. IF you want the scene then make it choice, but don't force it this way. After this I seriously questioned continuing to play. Upon further inspection, it only happens if you interject him questioning you with a sword, but there is no connection between what is said and sex scene. Makes no sense, so I pissed him off but I HAVE THE SWORD! Think I made my point.
  • EDIT: let me expand upon that mess of a point. I have a problem with the way that the sex scene comes out of no where. I would expect a choice to give the hint that this option leads to sex. Like this -> He whips his dick out and says," if you want me to lead you there then suck my dick." You then choose to do it or not. That way you can see the scene if you want or skip it if you don't.
  • I was expecting art for the Snow White blow job.
  • The puzzle is annoying. These puzzles are not fun. I'm stuck trying to figure it out instead of having fun. Wasting my time.

Puzzle 1 answer is Infernum

Puzzle 2

1. To be good is to be gold.
  2. To be stone is to be nothing.
  3. To be glass is to be fragile.
  4. To be cold is to be cruel.
  5. What am I?
  • I give up on your game. I don't get the riddle.

So what is new?

• Trip on boat.
  • Meet Aladdin, (no art)
  • Forced M on M sex if you choose sword on boat and interject.
  • Meet whore at brothel.
  • Combat with Saltana
  • You die
  • Meet snow white
  • Outwit Death (which I couldn't do) assuming you get revived and bring SW with you.

I admit I was expecting more for a month and a half. Maybe there is more since I stopped at the puzzle. I have a gut feeling that escaping death is probably the end of the chapter. I was expecting at least one real sex scene, and I guess that was Snow White, but without art it left me disappointed.

I still enjoy your writing style (with that one exception above!) and that keeps my attention, but these little things are weighing it down for me.

• 1 month later...

Hello, Masqueradea.

I just start play in your game and i must say, this is great! The pictures is beautiful, the music is very relaxing and atmospheric. Though, a riddles is quite difficult. The second question give me a headache :D I keep playing half day today. Thank you and whole developer team for this :)

P.S. And, i never expected to hear Sovngarde music in this game! Haha :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't wait to play 2.0. This game looks very intresting from what I have read. However, since I have no money to donate miss Masqueradea, I will just wait until 2.0 becomes public to try this game. I look foreward to it ^^

Version 2.0 has been released lads!

if only i could afford to support on patreon...

but as of the moment i can't

Don't worry about it lads, we only set it to the patrons so that we can earn some funds to start producing CGs for the next release. After the wait is over, you're all free to play as you like!

Archived