ctd caused by enbseries

theswedishguy

for some reason enbseries makes my game crash when entering helgen keep for the first time,

my loadorder is

skyrim.esm

update.esm

dawnguard.esm

heartfires.esm

dragonborn.esm

the only files i have added is enbseries and skse and both is the latest version avalible. (enbseries v.308 and skse 1.7.3)

i am also unable to load any save before entering helgen keep.

if anyone happen to know why it is happening please let me know.

the screenshot is from skyrim performance monitor

post-726829-0-51308100-1481390354_thumb.png

It sounds like you didn't install the ENB correctly.  I am guessing you installed it from Boris's site but didn't get an actual ENB to go with it and thus didn't configure anything to make it so that you didn't need an ENB.

More detail:

Just downloading the ENBseries bineries doesn't cut it. You need to configure some INIs so that they are not trying to access the graphical part of the ENB series ( mods you download from someplace other than ENBineries )  Failure to do so can lead to corrupt saves, Crashes when going near fires etc. 

Here is what I recommend, 

Follow this to set up the enblocal

http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations

This particular guide will tell you how to setup the ENBlocal to run without an actual Graphic ENB attached.. thus just using ENBoost feature. It will also make references to changes in case you DO want to run it with a graphical ENB mod. so ..best of both worlds if you read it carefully.

Heck, I recommend following the first parts of this guide. Up until it starts telling you what mods to setup. It covers INI tweaks, ENB tweaks, proper installation of mod organizer, loot and Tes5, wrye bash....even SKSE.  You do not need to follow their mod setup if you don't want to but, for a stable start to modding you can't go wrong with at least the  beginning prep work etc. 

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2

So - you have 0.308.
And you have no ENB Preset - but only default 0.308?

You are using ENB, SKSE and HDT?

By the way: I use 0.308 (custom) and SKSE and HDT.

What are your mods, your enblocal.ini, Skyrim.ini, SkyrimPrefs.ini?
If necessary, even Papyrus.log - whether it is relevant, will show up.

My advice - do not use ENB presets.
No way!
Sacrifice an hour (or 2) of your precious life - and get exactly the ENB that suits your expectations - and your hardware.

I mean Boris has given everyone the tools - it is amazing how little these are used.

Archived