Just updated and the game keeps crashing

I updated the game through Steam, and after looking at the file version I've noticed that the file does not share the same version number as the most current version, but instead shares the number of the previous version. However, after reverting F4SE back to the corresponding version the game still crashes on start up.

I updated the game through Steam, and after looking at the file version I've noticed that the file does not share the same version number as the most current version, but instead shares the number of the previous version. However, after reverting F4SE back to the corresponding version the game still crashes on start up.

Some people would tell you to reinstall the game.   At this point I am going to assume you have the game modded already to your liking.  On that note try moving the Fallout4 exe and the Launcher somewhere else on your computer and exit out of steam.  Restart Steam and verify integrity of the game.  It should download the most up to date exe and launcher for Fallout 4.

Some people would tell you to reinstall the game.   At this point I am going to assume you have the game modded already to your liking.  On that note try moving the Fallout4 exe and the Launcher somewhere else on your computer and exit out of steam.  Restart Steam and verify integrity of the game.  It should download the most up to date exe and launcher for Fallout 4.

Swing and a miss.

This makes no sense, everything should be fine.

Swing and a miss.

IDK if you already tried this but the recent Win10 update enabled Windows Defender and tries to make it your default AV. If you're using a 3rd party AV like Nortons. Avast, McAfee, etc etc, make sure you disable Windows Defender. Most Internet Security / Anti-Virus programs don't play nice with each other.

Also, make sure your AV isn't interfering with Fallout 4. Try disabling your IS / AV program and then see if FO4 runs.

Swing and a miss.

IDK if you already tried this but the recent Win10 update enabled Windows Defender and tries to make it your default AV. If you're using a 3rd party AV like Nortons. Avast, McAfee, etc etc, make sure you disable Windows Defender. Most Internet Security / Anti-Virus programs don't play nice with each other.

Also, make sure your AV isn't interfering with Fallout 4. Try disabling your IS / AV program and then see if FO4 runs.

No, apparently it isn't Windows Defender. I turned that off and it's still crashing.

Removing my plug-ins list allows the game to work without crashing (big fucking surprise). This is telling me that the issue has to do with some kind of mod incompatibility.. GREAT! Only 252 mods to look through, which one could it be?! :lol:

Ok.. calming.. down.. rampage.. averted.

Heh, at least in real life. :P

I'm so smRt, I seem to have overlooked a requirement for one of the mods I updated. THANKS FO4Edit FOR POINTING OUT MY MISTAKE!

At least I HOPE that's what the issue was...

Archived