[Help] With using RefCollectionAlias

Someone suggested I try joining this group to ask for help, I'm told there's lots of mod-savvy people here, so I guess we'll find out.

Okay straight to the point here, I'm using a RefCollectionAlias to group certain Actor refs together, but every time I reload a save the RefCollectionAlias seems to be empty. I'm able to go into the game, and add my actor refs to the collection, but if I save, the collection is empty after I reload. At least I assume that it's empty because the actors stop behaving the way they are supposed to. Does anybody know why this happens, or how make it stop losing the refs?

I'll be watching this age like a hawk lol, so I'll respond to answers quickly. Really hoping somebody here can help me get to the bottom of my issue. Thanks.

Someone suggested I try joining this group to ask for help, I'm told there's lots of mod-savvy people here, so I guess we'll find out.

Okay straight to the point here, I'm using a RefCollectionAlias to group certain Actor refs together, but every time I reload a save the RefCollectionAlias seems to be empty. I'm able to go into the game, and add my actor refs to the collection, but if I save, the collection is empty after I reload. At least I assume that it's empty because the actors stop behaving the way they are supposed to. Does anybody know why this happens, or how make it stop losing the refs?

I'll be watching this age like a hawk lol, so I'll respond to answers quickly. Really hoping somebody here can help me get to the bottom of my issue. Thanks.

Did you make sure that the ref's that are in your collection have their own aliases so they don't get unloaded? Or that they are set as permanent and not temporary?

Did you make sure that the ref's that are in your collection have their own aliases so they don't get unloaded? Or that they are set as permanent and not temporar

Do thay *have* to have their own aliases? I thought that actor refs alone would work with in the collection, I didnt' think they needed to be quest aliases themselves. That's problematic for e if they do, because this mod creates new actor refs on the fly.

Did you make sure that the ref's that are in your collection have their own aliases so they don't get unloaded? Or that they are set as permanent and not temporar

Do thay *have* to have their own aliases? I thought that actor refs alone would work with in the collection, I didnt' think they needed to be quest aliases themselves. That's problematic for e if they do, because this mod creates new actor refs on the fly.

I believe they do. All documentation says is that it extends Alias. Check RefCollectionAlias. All the examples in the FO4 source scripts are related to quest aliases.

Archived