SexLab Fade to Black

Feel free to update. This mod is yours and it wouldn't feel right for me to upload it myself. I just did some cleanup, minor fixes and a better ENB solution.

Yesterday I did a quick fix because I didn't have much time on me, today I bothered to do a proper one.

13 minutes ago, CPU said:

OK, I will add your version to the main download.

Thanks.

Feel free to remove these from the changelog as they are changes to my previous fix only:

• Cleaned image space entries. (the entries I copied over from Go to bed).
  • Reduced transition time to better suit SexLab. (same as above)
  • Enforced a minimum time for transitions. (only enforced for the ENB fix I added)
6 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Thanks.

Feel free to remove these from the changelog as they are changes to my previous fix only:

• Cleaned image space entries. (the entries I copied over from Go to bed).
  • Reduced transition time to better suit SexLab. (same as above)
  • Enforced a minimum time for transitions. (only enforced for the ENB fix I added)

Are they still a valid change from my original mod?

If yes, I will keep them, if not I will remove them.

20 minutes ago, CPU said:

Are they still a valid change from my original mod?

If yes, I will keep them, if not I will remove them.

Nope.

The 3 image space entries I copied over are only used for ENB Fix 2, as you don't have a choice for the type of fade, unlike your original code. This method allowed me to use Apply() and PopTo(), which works fine with ENB, but again, I only use that for the new code that I added, which is for ENB only.

The enforcement on transition time for ENB is to allow for the Apply->PopTo system to properly take place without another event overriding them. And again, only applied to ENB Fix 2.

AcquireLock->Apply->Wait for transition->PopTo->Wait for transition + (extra) time->PopTo(Remove black screen)->ReleaseLock

39 minutes ago, letterman said:

ENB version still not working for me? It just goes blurry for half a second and that's it

Did you enable "Fix ENB fading 2"? And which ENB are you using?

35 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Did you enable "Fix ENB fading 2"? And which ENB are you using?

It was already automatically enabled and I didn't have the option to disable it, and I'm using the skylight enb

1 hour ago, letterman said:

It was already automatically enabled and I didn't have the option to disable it, and I'm using the skylight enb

What do you mean you didn't have the option to disable it? Can you paste your "SKSE\Plugins\SexLab FadeBlack\SexLab FadeBlack Config.json"?

@CPU

In another note, SKYUI keeps failing to do a localization resolution here:

event OnHighlightST()
        SetInfoText("$HlpFixENBFading2")
    endEvent

No idea why, I added the entry to all 3 translations. The other one "$FixENBFading2", localize  just fine.

$HlpFixENBFading    WARNING: In case you use ENB, the fade to black done with Image Space Modifiers will not work.\nIf this is your case you can try to enable the ENB Fix, or update enbeffect.fx\nThe quality of the fading will be reduced a lot, but should work in all ENB configurations.\nIt is not possible to fade in and out with ENB based on events. Use fade modes that are only based on the lenght.
$HlpFixENBFading2   Alternate fix for ENB users.

EDIT: Ugh... The problem turned out to be the missing tab between key and value. My Notepad++ is configured to use spaces as tab so I didn't even notice.

I've uploaded the fixed tables, if you would be kind enough to override them in the 7z file.

SexLab FadeBlack_FRENCH.txt

SexLab FadeBlack_ITALIAN.txt

SexLab FadeBlack_ENGLISH.txt

7 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

What do you mean you didn't have the option to disable it? Can you paste your "SKSE\Plugins\SexLab FadeBlack\SexLab FadeBlack Config.json"?

@CPU

In another note, SKYUI keeps failing to do a localization resolution here:

event OnHighlightST()
        SetInfoText("$HlpFixENBFading2")
    endEvent

No idea why, I added the entry to all 3 translations. The other one "$FixENBFading2", localize  just fine.

$HlpFixENBFading    WARNING: In case you use ENB, the fade to black done with Image Space Modifiers will not work.\nIf this is your case you can try to enable the ENB Fix, or update enbeffect.fx\nThe quality of the fading will be reduced a lot, but should work in all ENB configurations.\nIt is not possible to fade in and out with ENB based on events. Use fade modes that are only based on the lenght.
$HlpFixENBFading2   Alternate fix for ENB users.

EDIT: Ugh... The problem turned out to be the missing tab between key and value. My Notepad++ is configured to use spaces as tab so I didn't even notice.

I've uploaded the fixed tables, if you would be kind enough to override them in the 7z file.

SexLab FadeBlack_FRENCH.txt

SexLab FadeBlack_ITALIAN.txt

SexLab FadeBlack_ENGLISH.txt

my bad. i do have the option to disable it. i remembered wrong. but still, it was already automatically toggled on. and it's still not working, even the new updated one you just did

edit: well, as it turns it, it's working without the enb fix toggled on, which i'm pretty sure it wasn't working before. that's the whole reason i wasn't using it. so i'm guessing you did something that gets it working now *shrug*

For me while using ENB 0.366 + Rudy's ENB (no APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION):

No ENB Fix: Blurs but never fades to black.

ENB Fix 1: Kind of works, but full of problems, sometimes it doesn't even fade to black. The wiki doesn't even recommend using FadeOutGame() because it doesn't work properly: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=FadeOutGame_-_Game

ENB Fix 2: Works without any issues, always fade to black.

If your game fades to black when you go to bed (vanilla or Go to bed mod), ENB Fix 2 SHOULD work because it uses the same mechanics.

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Luminae said:

could this work on SE?

You can port it.

There are no meshes or textures or anything special.

It is just a matter of opening the esp in CK for SSE and then saving it.

15 hours ago, CPU said:

You can port it.

There are no meshes or textures or anything special.

It is just a matter of opening the esp in CK for SSE and then saving it.

Thanks for the quick reply

So I opened the file in CK then saved it. The MCM menu shows up but i'm not getting any fade to black effect during scenes.

I've never ported a mod before tho so i'm not sure I did it right

When i open the file in CK I should set the esp for this mod as active right? Am I also supose to select the main Skyrim esm along with it?

Just now, Luminae said:

Thanks for the quick reply

So I opened the file in CK then saved it. The MCM menu shows up but i'm not getting any fade to black effect during scenes.

I've never ported a mod before tho so i'm not sure I did it right

When i open the file in CK I should set the esp for this mod as active right? Am I also supose to select the main Skyrim esm along with it?

This mod requires Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and SexLab.esm

They should be added automatically when you open the mod in CK.

After you converted it, did you had any error in the papyrus log? Can you see the SexLab Fade to Black MCM entry?

2 hours ago, CPU said:

This mod requires Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and SexLab.esm

They should be added automatically when you open the mod in CK.

After you converted it, did you had any error in the papyrus log? Can you see the SexLab Fade to Black MCM entry?

i can see the MCM, and i've tried the different enb fix options but there is no fade to black during scenes

39 minutes ago, Luminae said:

i can see the MCM, and i've tried the different enb fix options but there is no fade to black during scenes

Do you fade to black while sleeping in-game?