SexLab Fade to Black

10 minutes ago, Alexandra The Nord Queen said:

Is there version for Special Edition?

I did not do it. But it is just a matter of converting the esp. No special conversion is needed. (Probably it will work as is also in special edition)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:07 PM, asianboy345 said:

Basically, in short, I think the fade duration settings for the "Start at AnimStarting" do not work correctly because no matter how much you set it, the fading will always stop once the first stage of the animation starts animating. If this bug is fixed, I think this mod would be perfect.

Need a fix for this! Ending fade works perfectly but starting fade only lasts for two seconds no matter how long I set the duration.

Help!?

(on SSE using enb fix 1)

27 minutes ago, limabean27 said:

Need a fix for this! Ending fade works perfectly but starting fade only lasts for two seconds no matter how long I set the duration.

Help!?

(on SSE using enb fix 1)

Open scripts/source/slfbs.psc and try changing every "Utility.WaitMenuMode" for "Utility.Wait". This way the timer does not keep counting while you are in a menu.

Make sure to recompile slfbs.psc into a .pex after the edit.

52 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Open scripts/source/slfbs.psc and try changing every "Utility.WaitMenuMode" for "Utility.Wait". This way the timer does not keep counting while you are in a menu.

Make sure to recompile slfbs.psc into a .pex after the edit.

How do I recompile the script?

2 hours ago, limabean27 said:

How do I recompile the script?

If you are using MO2, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post: 

If you are using Vortex, just open a command-prompt (Windows key + R then type cmd) and execute PapyrusCompiler.exe.

F:
cd "F:/<Skyrim>/Papyrus Compiler"
PapyrusCompiler.exe slfbs.psc -op -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="F:/<Skyrim>/Data/scripts/source" -o="F:/<Folder>"

Newly compiled slfbs.pex will be at F:/<Folder>.

6 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

If you are using MO2, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post: 

Getting an error in Papyrus Compiler App:

"Script slfbs.psc failed to compile: is invalid Skyrim directory. The folder does not contains ."

It doesn't tell me what the folder doesn't contain lol

5 hours ago, limabean27 said:

Getting an error in Papyrus Compiler App:

"Script slfbs.psc failed to compile: is invalid Skyrim directory. The folder does not contains ."

It doesn't tell me what the folder doesn't contain lol

Could you show me a screenshot of the Papyrus Compiler App.exe entry settings for MO2 and a screenshot of Papyrus Compiler App's Preference tab?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I kind of wish that the ENB Fix option 1 works better. On SSE, it's the only option that works for ENBs, the 2nd one does not.

The problem is that for some reason, regardless of how long I set the fade length, the game will always revert back within 2 seconds or less.

The proposed fix in the above posts didn't help, it's not a menu issue, it's an issue with the start fade length not working properly. 

On SSE, so far, I think the only ENB that can works with ENB Fix 2 option (which works best) is Silent Horizon. Every other ENBs that I've tried doesn't work

Here's hoping that someone can find a way to rework he ENB Fix 1 and start fade length options, or maybe remake the mod somehow?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok... so this is happening:

1. if I use AnimStart the fade starts waaaaay too late -> no use at all

2. if I use AnimStarting the fade starts a BIT too late but ends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

So basically at this point BOTH options are dysfunct

I tried to read the script, but it is way beyond my capability of understanding. Is there any chance we get an update on this?

Basically it would suffice if the mod respected its own settings. I set the fade time to 10 seconds, but it ends after only half that time at best. If the mod would use the full 10 seconds it would work perfectly.

Since there is no other mod doing anything like this, I m fucked at the moment -,.-

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

ok... so this is happening:

1. if I use AnimStart the fade starts waaaaay too late -> no use at all

2. if I use AnimStarting the fade starts a BIT too late but ends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

So basically at this point BOTH options are dysfunct

I tried to read the script, but it is way beyond my capability of understanding. Is there any chance we get an update on this?

Basically it would suffice if the mod respected its own settings. I set the fade time to 10 seconds, but it ends after only half that time at best. If the mod would use the full 10 seconds it would work perfectly.

Since there is no other mod doing anything like this, I m fucked at the moment -,.-

The time is sensible to the timescale set for the game. If it is not 20 then the timings are not as expected.

I never provided a fix for this problem.

1 minute ago, CPU said:

The time is sensible to the timescale set for the game. If it is not 20 then the timings are not as expected.

I never provided a fix for this problem.

hmm, I think my timescale is 10, should that not mean the fade period is longer?

But yeah, well, I guessed it means real world seconds.

I would try to make a fix myself, but I would need days to dig through how the script works I m afraid :(

My easiest guess was now to just increase the max timer settings from 10 seconds to 20 or 30 and see if that haelps :P

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

hmm, I think my timescale is 10, should that not mean the fade period is longer?

But yeah, well, I guessed it means real world seconds.

I would try to make a fix myself, but I would need days to dig through how the script works I m afraid :(

My easiest guess was now to just increase the max timer settings from 10 seconds to 20 or 30 and see if that haelps :P

I can try to look up the code. Be aware is probably half a decade I don't see this mod.

But keep in mind I cannot compile or test, I do not have the game installed.

49 minutes ago, CPU said:

I can try to look up the code. Be aware is probably half a decade I don't see this mod.

But keep in mind I cannot compile or test, I do not have the game installed.

all good :)
if you have time and an idea I will just try myself, np

hmm, I change the timer to 30 seconds, but nothing changed.

I think something ends the fade prematurely, in this case I think its the actual animation start. 

What the mod needs is basically fading 2-3 seconds into stage 1 :(

ENB fix 2 is ruining the whole graphics of the game (all brightness etc. is broken and does not return -> needs reloading)

I now just use "Extra Blur" and "From Starting to Start", which seems to work as it should.
Black would be better, but I use ENB and both ENB fixes dont work for me it seems :(

(normal ENB fix is not allowing Starting to Start, ENB 2 fix allows it but breaks the ENB, hehe).

btw, the heavy blur is really doing well, good job on that. 

tldr: 

I might take a look at the mod later on, but it would be really interesting for me to know why "ENB fix" ( the first, not the second) is not allowing "From Starting to Start"? It seems to be the single issue that bugs me.

6 hours ago, Nymra said:

I might take a look at the mod later on, but it would be really interesting for me to know why "ENB fix" ( the first, not the second) is not allowing "From Starting to Start"? It seems to be the single issue that bugs me.

The ENB fix was for a specific ENB. It was just a shader code that worked on many ENBs.

But not all of them.

• 6 months later...

Greetings! I think I already thanked you for this great mod, a long time ago... Never mind. Thank you. Great job! But there's a problem... You already wrote that you won't port to SE and in general the mod works, but without ENB. I have a problem with ENB. Tried both the first and second versions. Not working properly.
Could you spare your precious time to port this mod to SE?
P.S. I'm using Rudy ENB with the Predator Vision mod...

4 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

Greetings! I think I already thanked you for this great mod, a long time ago... Never mind. Thank you. Great job! But there's a problem... You already wrote that you won't port to SE and in general the mod works, but without ENB. I have a problem with ENB. Tried both the first and second versions. Not working properly.
Could you spare your precious time to port this mod to SE?
P.S. I'm using Rudy ENB with the Predator Vision mod...

I stopped modding in 2018.

So, no. Are years I do not have Skyrim installed on my PC.

Code is free, anyone wants to try to port it is free to do it.

6 hours ago, CPU said:

I stopped modding in 2018.

So, no. Are years I do not have Skyrim installed on my PC.

Code is free, anyone wants to try to port it is free to do it.

Thank you for your reply. It's too bad you left modding. Your mods were great. Good luck with your business. We love you!