Question: Lovers and guards with torches

Has anybody else encountered an issue with torch-bearing guards - such as with OOO/FCOM, which adds torches to vanilla guards - where after having sex (with anybody), the guard doesn't re-equip the torch correctly, and walks around with their hand out like they are carrying the torch but without the actual torch? Then, when you leave the current worldspace (e.g. leave the current district in the IC) the game CTDs.

I've also noticed that if the guard has a torch in their inventory but not equipped (such as during the day), the game can sometimes CTD immediately after sex, as it (apparently) tries to unequip the torch it thinks the guard has equipped.

Never happend in my game with vanilla guards with vanilla torches ( I don't have OOO/FCOM)

During sex NPCs with a torch sometimes equip and unequip the torch again and again . And sometimes they unequip the torch incorrect, only the flame of the torch is visible.

But after sex all's fine, never a CTD.

Never happend in my game with vanilla guards with vanilla torches ( I don't have OOO/FCOM)

During sex NPCs with a torch sometimes equip and unequip the torch again and again . And sometimes they unequip the torch incorrect, only the flame of the torch is visible.

But after sex all's fine, never a CTD.

That got me thinking. I've got some mod-added guards with torches (e.g. Urasek) that work perfectly well. It's only the vanilla/OOO guards that have the problem.

So I looked for differences between the guards. I saw that the mod-added guards don't have bows, so I manually removed the bow from the guard (using the console) before having sex. He then proceeded to equip his torch correctly afterwards. And he didn't even have his bow equipped to begin with...

• 1 year later...

Archived