Possible to open hkx file in Havok Behaviour Tool?

I was wondering whether it is possible to look at the skyrim character behaviour files using the havok behaviour tool. I have version 6.6.0

From what I understand you can open a .hkc file which contains all the hkx files. Is it possible to do the opposite and open a hkx file?

You can convert a HKX file into a KF file with the HKXCMD tool ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1797/? ).

It is a command prompt tool so to use it you will need a bat file to kick off.

The line listed below was listed as an example of how to export a single hkx to kf. But I prefer the batch style that converts everything in a single folder over.

hkxcmd exportkf "skeleton_female.hkx" "CST5.hkx" "CST5.kf"

The one I usually used was "hkx to kf.bat" which is a simple line to convert anything in the Animations sub folder from hkx to kf.

hkxcmd exportkf "Animations"

Once in a KF format you can load the animation into 3d Max or other 3d programs.

Usually I would load the base body and skeleton in max, then import the kf file in. Once that was done I could look at the animation frame by frame. Mainly I did this to see if the body would distort incorrectly with the bone weights I has setup on it.... and still I could never get the bones weights were I wanted them.

I guess it should also be noted that you can reverse the process and convert a KF file to a HKX if you want with the right bat file settings....

You would want to change the abc123 to what ever the kf file name is and go from there.

hkxcmd exporthkx "skeleton_female.hkx" "abc123.kf" "abc123.hkx"

Just remember that Skyrim HKX files are based on the 32bit Havok 2010 library.... Fallout 4's hkx files are based on the 64bit Havok 2014 Library (which is why it has taken so long for people to figure out how to convert and create new animations for FO4).

• 1 year later...

Hello makzombie

could you share a download link to do available  this havok behavior tool  6.6.0

i am searching over the entire internet so long time by now....i am talking about years

HAVOK SITE DO NOT SELL OR RELEASE ANYMORE....that site works only for developers

or perhaps you could share your own tool......i would be very grateful

anyhow you decide   thanks

8 minutes ago, balu751202 said:

Hello makzombie

could you share a download link to do available  this havok behavior tool  6.6.0

i am searching over the entire internet so long time by now....i am talking about years

HAVOK SITE DO NOT SELL OR RELEASE ANYMORE....that site works only for developers

or perhaps you could share your own tool......i would be very grateful

anyhow you decide   thanks

the Havok Content Tools (2010 & 2012 only) can still be found on softpedia.com

• 3 years later...